[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
NIJO1989 wrote:
I need serious help guys! Currently i am @ level 88 and i love this build. But i need to improve the gear. Atm im running t9-10 maps and it feels ez. But i feel like i need more dmg for +t10. Can you guys maybe help me with that? Give me some advice please!

I'm far from knowledgeable about this build (Just started myself, level 61) but your Sceptre has the wrong craft mod (Need Fire Damage to Spells, not just Fire Damage). Also I would think swapping the Green and Red sockets on the chest (Fire pen vs mine damage) would be an increase as well
buy a helmet with the enchant, it makes all the difference in dps
"
NIJO1989 wrote:
I need serious help guys! Currently i am @ level 88 and i love this build. But i need to improve the gear. Atm im running t9-10 maps and it feels ez. But i feel like i need more dmg for +t10. Can you guys maybe help me with that? Give me some advice please!

You will see a massive difference with a quick shield and weapon upgrade. Doesn't need to cost much, can get something pretty fantastic for less than 5c each.

Weapon:
The priority stat is Adds xx to xx fire damage to spells can use lightning or cold damage too, but I like to keep it all fire so specific fire damage mods on other gear still works. The top roll on this is 40ish to 80ish. Use the POE trade search and set a minimum value of 60 on the search.

Second stat to go for is Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells This can roll over 100, I prefer daggers to get the implicit too in which case 130+ combined is fine.

Other stats are massively less important for overall damage. Do a search on those 2 stats, then if you have several to choose from pick one with crit multi>spell damage>attack speed>cast speed.

My dagger is:

The cold damage is useless, the rest is quite nice. You can get something equivalent for 10C.

Shield:

You're in softcore, so you can get more crit and damage here too!

Priority stat is Maximum Life go for something with 90+, although 100+ isn't hard to find.

Second is Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells again, this means its an ES shield. go for 90+ on this too.

Those 2 stats combined at 100+ will cost you a couple of chaos. If you want to spend more try to get spellpower, 50+ with the other 2 rolls will cost 5-10C. Resists etc are really nice too.

I don't think ES works too well for us, as we take a lot of hits and damage ourselves with blood magic. If you clear quickly ES is pretty much always empty so the ES roll doesn't matter much.

My Shield is:

You can get something equivalent for ~15C, not many people after life and crit and spellpower without the ES, so they're relatively inexpensive.

Those 2 changes will probably more than double your dps.
Getting a helmet enchantment of +2 nova's will nearly double it again (+90%ish). A +2 enchant costs best part of 2ex. A +1 enchant is ~15C, so go for that if you don't have a lot of currency.

I went a different route with this build (went inquisitor for the free ignore resists on crits). But I'm clearing t14 springs and t15 shaped courtyard without difficulty. Any map mod at-all is absolutely fine. Though i don't like desecrated ground because heal flask charges get low. I've done a couple of guardians, but they took 4 deaths each to get through. It is my first ever time fighting them though so most of that was me running into AE's and going splat.
Last edited by Qahrahm on Mar 19, 2017, 8:20:17 PM
"
I'm far from knowledgeable about this build (Just started myself, level 61) but your Sceptre has the wrong craft mod (Need Fire Damage to Spells, not just Fire Damage). Also I would think swapping the Green and Red sockets on the chest (Fire pen vs mine damage) would be an increase as well

Yeah i will buy a new weapon and a shield!
And ty for telling me about the "fire dmg to spells".. Missed it totaly!
I tried to changed to fire pen instead of mine dmg.. Mine dmg was better!
Last edited by NIJO1989 on Mar 19, 2017, 11:36:44 PM
"
You will see a massive difference with a quick shield and weapon upgrade. Doesn't need to cost much, can get something pretty fantastic for less than 5c each.

Weapon:
The priority stat is Adds xx to xx fire damage to spells can use lightning or cold damage too, but I like to keep it all fire so specific fire damage mods on other gear still works. The top roll on this is 40ish to 80ish. Use the POE trade search and set a minimum value of 60 on the search.

Second stat to go for is Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells This can roll over 100, I prefer daggers to get the implicit too in which case 130+ combined is fine.

Other stats are massively less important for overall damage. Do a search on those 2 stats, then if you have several to choose from pick one with crit multi>spell damage>attack speed>cast speed.

My dagger is:

The cold damage is useless, the rest is quite nice. You can get something equivalent for 10C.

Shield:

You're in softcore, so you can get more crit and damage here too!

Priority stat is Maximum Life go for something with 90+, although 100+ isn't hard to find.

Second is Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells again, this means its an ES shield. go for 90+ on this too.

Those 2 stats combined at 100+ will cost you a couple of chaos. If you want to spend more try to get spellpower, 50+ with the other 2 rolls will cost 5-10C. Resists etc are really nice too.

I don't think ES works too well for us, as we take a lot of hits and damage ourselves with blood magic. If you clear quickly ES is pretty much always empty so the ES roll doesn't matter much.

My Shield is:

You can get something equivalent for ~15C, not many people after life and crit and spellpower without the ES, so they're relatively inexpensive.

Those 2 changes will probably more than double your dps.
Getting a helmet enchantment of +2 nova's will nearly double it again (+90%ish). A +2 enchant costs best part of 2ex. A +1 enchant is ~15C, so go for that if you don't have a lot of currency.

I went a different route with this build (went inquisitor for the free ignore resists on crits). But I'm clearing t14 springs and t15 shaped courtyard without difficulty. Any map mod at-all is absolutely fine. Though i don't like desecrated ground because heal flask charges get low. I've done a couple of guardians, but they took 4 deaths each to get through. It is my first ever time fighting them though so most of that was me running into AE's and going splat.

Thank you alot mr!
This is what i was hoping for. Good info and all that i wanted to read and learn about this build!
I have bought a new sweet shield so far, and im looking for a sick weapon to!
And i have tried to find a good rolled head with enchantment on. I dont wanna buy bad rolled items for 1.5-2ex :D
But only with a new sick shield i went up alot in dmg!!
Thanks alot agian man. I appreciate your help <3
Last edited by NIJO1989 on Mar 19, 2017, 11:36:06 PM
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
buy a helmet with the enchant, it makes all the difference in dps

Yeah ofc it does a hige difference.. But the head cost like 1.5-2ex atleast.. And those have bad stats!
Hey guys since were going through gear, im going to post a similar setup and we can see where I have gone wrong thus far. Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated!
"
NIJO1989 wrote:

Yeah i will buy a new weapon and a shield!
And ty for telling me about the "fire dmg to spells".. Missed it totaly!
I tried to changed to fire pen instead of mine dmg.. Mine dmg was better!

Mine Damage Support Gem is only better for the tooltip dps, since fire pen doesn't show up there. Overall Fire pen is one of the most if not the most important support gem. Mobs can also get minus resists.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
"
KikosLive wrote:
Mine Damage Support Gem is only better for the tooltip dps, since fire pen doesn't show up there. Overall Fire pen is one of the most if not the most important support gem. Mobs can also get minus resists.

Okey haha! I will change it again :D haha
I hate that tooltip dmg...

I bought 4 new items now!!
I know that i should have the other headenchant but this was kinda good and much cheaper.
I will buy the other headenchant when i have farmed up more currency..
Only chest is like 6-7 exalts. Weapon 1-2 exalts and shield is like 20-30c!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info