[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

I plan to craft a nice marble amulet and skip Growth and decay notable.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marble_Amulet

Has anyone been playing this non crit with elemental overload? Should be easy to keep eo up with orb of storms + power charge on crit + increased critical strikes or something. Might try that before or if i go crit.

Or orb of storms + curse on hit + temp chains + increased critical strikes in a 4l. Then i can drop one curse from blasphemy.

Orb of storms + curse on hit + temp chains + enfeeble in a 4l instead of blasphemy. Now you can run Anger + Herald/Arctic armour or a defensive curse like grace while still getting enfeeble/chains.

If you go crit why not trap and mine damage support instead of elemental focus? Now you have strong ignites as well. Saves the trouble of putting another mine cluster down for things that survive the initial blast as monsters should burn to death.
Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 12, 2017, 9:04:44 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I plan to craft a nice marble amulet and skip Growth and decay notable.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marble_Amulet

Has anyone been playing this non crit with elemental overload? Should be easy to keep eo up with orb of storms + power charge on crit + increased critical strikes or something. Might try that before or if i go crit.

Or orb of storms + curse on hit + temp chains + increased critical strikes in a 4l. Then i can drop one curse from blasphemy.

Orb of storms + curse on hit + temp chains + enfeeble in a 4l instead of blasphemy. Now you can run Anger + Herald/Arctic armour or a defensive curse like grace while still getting enfeeble/chains.

If you go crit why not trap and mine damage support instead of elemental focus? Now you have strong ignites as well. Saves the trouble of putting another mine cluster down for things that survive the initial blast as monsters should burn to death.

I don't think the ignites would be that strong. The ignite damage is based on the initial hit damage, and we don't do big hits, we do a lot of smaller hits. Other than poison those ignites don't stack, thus the benefit shouldn't be too big.

But I'm thinking too about going elemental overload and then Celestial Punishment for the shock chance. That would be non crit build of course.
When do you use vaal clarity if you have covenant's blood magic?
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
When do you use vaal clarity if you have covenant's blood magic?

in tough fights , when i want more regen , to be safer.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Hi I'm playing in LSC, really enjoying the build!

I wonder if I can switch Stone Golem for Fire Golem since Voll's Vision provides a lot of regen
Playing in new HC league currently lvl 43. When do usually get covenant/doedre? I have quite a bit of currency currently that I can afford both but probably too early. Is there any good levelling gear I should get along the way?
I don't play HC but I got both of them at lvl 51 (i think that's the base requirement for covenant). Once you get it, your mana problems (if you had any, I certainly did) would suddenly vanish :3
Hi, I am currently level 83 on legacy softcore trying out Fire Nova Mine. It is currently one of my favorite builds I have ever played, however I am having some trouble staying alive. I was doing fine up until I started doing rare yellow-tier maps. Everything seems to kill me really fast, I end up dieing a lot. Would either OP, or someone else who is running this build care to do a gear check for me? I only have 4k health, which may be part of the problem.

My profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Boogaba/characters , Level 83 - Avornion

Thanks, :)
to take fire nova mine into endgame, shouldn't you build around dual consuming dark to take advantage of poison double dipping?

the opening post's FAQ section says this build can't spare the passive points to get the required nodes, but what could be more important than the millions of dps you can get with double dipping?
"
smileistheway wrote:
Hi I'm playing in LSC, really enjoying the build!

I wonder if I can switch Stone Golem for Fire Golem since Voll's Vision provides a lot of regen

In order to have the +2 enchantment I removed volls vision and even the 2% lifereg cluster (death and decay) and I am still fine while mapping. So go ahead and feel free to use Fire Golem, shouldn't be a problem at all.

"
Playing in new HC league currently lvl 43. When do usually get covenant/doedre? I have quite a bit of currency currently that I can afford both but probably too early. Is there any good levelling gear I should get along the way?

Since you play HC I wouldn't recommend using doedre to early. You have to decide that for yourself when you feel tanky enough to sacrifice a ring slot. I think I started using doedre with about lvl 66. I used the covenant with about level 55.I would get myself a vaal clarity to help you out while your life regen is not that high. For leveling, some people suggested getting a Nycta's lantern , I can imagine that being pretty good. And buy yourself a higher FNM gem, makes a huge difference like with most spells. I bought a lvl 19 FNM for 2c.

"
I don't play HC but I got both of them at lvl 51 (i think that's the base requirement for covenant). Once you get it, your mana problems (if you had any, I certainly did) would suddenly vanish :3

Exactly :) I can only recommend anyone leveling with FNM to buy a vaal clarity with level 10. I even did so on the first day of the league since people sell it for 1-2c. It helped me so much.

"
Boogaba wrote:
Hi, I am currently level 83 on legacy softcore trying out Fire Nova Mine. It is currently one of my favorite builds I have ever played, however I am having some trouble staying alive. I was doing fine up until I started doing rare yellow-tier maps. Everything seems to kill me really fast, I end up dieing a lot. Would either OP, or someone else who is running this build care to do a gear check for me? I only have 4k health, which may be part of the problem.

My profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Boogaba/characters , Level 83 - Avornion

Thanks, :)

Hey, would love to help you out, but you gotta click your name, then bottom right -> privacy settings, then remove the checkmark from "hide character tab" and "save". :)

"
Vizer wrote:
to take fire nova mine into endgame, shouldn't you build around dual consuming dark to take advantage of poison double dipping?

the opening post's FAQ section says this build can't spare the passive points to get the required nodes, but what could be more important than the millions of dps you can get with double dipping?

I am no expert in chaos/poison builds. I only played poison arrow in one of the first leagues. I tested it out again and it is indeed stronger, not a huge difference but quite noticable.
I think millions of dps is quite an exaggeration. But yes, you are right. I changed the FAQ about it.
This is what it says now:

"There is double dipping, when you use double consuming dark , you won't notice a huge difference but a quite notable one in damage. However, sacrificing the shield slot, would make us too squishy. We just need the defensive stats from it. Double consuming dark is also very slow - movement wise. You can use whirling blades but you will have to deal moving around with weapons that don't have any local attack speed. So the overall clearspeed will probably be better with the rare sceptre shield charge version.

If you inted to farm the real real endgame bosses like shaper or uber atziri, it might be worth it to go double consuming dark , assassin , full crit with controlled destruction gem instead of critical strike chance gem. This would be the way to deal the ultimative damage, but then you really have to think about how to get your defensives up."
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 13, 2017, 5:25:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info