@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

ITT: Mjolnir Discharge people who can't see past their own items.

"
SerenaDrake wrote:
O really? Which buids? Why prevent you use other lighting skills with mjolner Discharge? Dont make me laught ,it sounds more like you just hate it.Did even play Mjolner build?

You were saying? Go ahead and play Arc Mjolnir. It's goddamn terrible now, and it wasn't *great* before.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Dec 17, 2016, 12:22:33 PM
"
Emphasy wrote:
Well have you tried Mjölnir + Arc as one example, it is terrible and it has to be. You could give +2 to Lightning Gems... but guess what not possible because Discharge, you could give 20% Lightning Pen, but guess what not possible because Discharge. Discharge entirely eliminates any freedom to buff Mjölnir unless you buff it in a way that essentially ruins Discharge or doesn't benefit it at least and thats hard. Because any possible buff that wouldn't benefit discharge would only benefit maybe one lightning skill, like Arc because it works fundamentally different. One example I mentioned is making Arc dealing double damage to the last enemy it chains to, which would increase the single target dps, changes like those however would still mean Ball Lightning, Storm Call, Spark or basically any other Lightning Spell is unusable with Mjölnir.

Discharge is just so ridicolously powerful because it is hard to exactly assess the amount of charges players will generate in a certain timeframe, because there might be uniques doing things like that or skills that hit ridicolously often or whatever other mechanic might happen.

As long as discharge is so much more powerful on triggers than any other skill those other options are non existent of course you could in theory do them, but you could also just smash someone in the face with mjölnir, that is doable too.

The easiest solution is to make Discharge Elemental and not have it behave like a Fire, Cold or Lightning Attack (much like Elemental Weakness or Purity of Elements), this would mean Cospris and Mjölnir couldn't even trigger it. And at this time you can easily double Mjölnirs trigger damage, because it wouldn't be broken, actually you could like do even more than that.

The coolest thing actually would be if a Lightning Triggered Discharge would behave exactly like that (iE only the lightning damage would benefit from +x to Lightning Gems and only the power charges would be consumed to deal lightning damage with Mjölnir). This would have a nice sideaffect of not having to get Volls to make use of Mjölnir.

And the issue is even though some of those Lightning Spells could need some small buffs anyway, you would have to double or triple their damage to make them compete with Mjölnir which again makes them completly broken for selfcast builds.
At this point id say theyre probably just going to redesign it a bit and remove the ability to discharge entirely with it.

What the item should be, is thematic, good clear. I do not think this item should be good for bosses, atleast, not anywhere near the level it was for Discharging with it.

They should add in a few discriptions and modifications for lightning spells.

80-120)% increased Physical Damage
Skills Chain +1 times
(30-40)% increased Lightning Damage with Weapons
+200 Strength Requirement
+300 Intelligence Requirement
Cast a Socketed Lightning Spell on Hit

Additionally...
Ball Lightning has x% reduced projectile speed
Lightning Storm has x% reduced duration
Arc has x-x added damage

Something like that. I mean to be honest here, i hate auto cast and think its horrible for the game. Mostly because its soo poorly done in POE (AKA broken as fuck). They only recently brought it in line with other builds, however it isnt very acceptable for T1 drops like this to be as "bad" as they are. I use bad loosely because it isnt bad, it just isnt broken anymore.

Keep in mind, i was robbed in standard a week before breach, all my old items are gone but i found the new one in breach. Itd rate it "decent". Having a mjolner drop and seeing its worth 3c was literally heartbreaking lol.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Dec 17, 2016, 12:31:41 PM
Did you thinks that buid i play now , it is not good now because they lowered proc rate ,nothing to do with discharge at all.
It's like the most dogshit build right now ROFL

T1 unique

5C

ROFLLLLLLLLLL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Keep in mind, i was robbed in standard a week before breach, all my old items are gone but i found the new one in breach. Itd rate it "decent". Having a mjolner drop and seeing its worth 3c was literally heartbreaking lol.

Imagine having it dropped pre pre pre nerf that's 40 exalt right there and now 3c lol? It's turning into one of those many other useless uniques.
They should remove the stat requirement.

- ease of gearing
- more tree flexibility for dps

It makes no sense when you look at mjollnir, then look at cospri's and go "wut dun goofed?".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
SerenaDrake wrote:
Did you thinks that buid i play now , it is not good now because they lowered proc rate ,nothing to do with discharge at all.
You can say that all you want. It does not make it true. The single gamebreaking build involving Mjolnir uses *discharge*, not Arc. Not Ball lightning. Not Spark. Not shock nova. Not Tentrils. Not Storm Call. Discharge.

Mjolnir + all six of those gems can't match the damage output of discharge, and specifically the single target output, where all six of those gems fail. It's not even remotely possible.

And you can't buff Mjolnir + any of those six gems because why? Because it would buff Mjolnir + Discharge through the goddamn roof, which is why it was nerfed in the first place. My god, this isn't rocket science.

Say it with me: Discharge is the culprit. Dis. Charge. Discharge. Dissssssschargeeeeeee.

Edit: DISCHARGE.

Last edited by Antnee on Dec 17, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
SerenaDrake wrote:
You can say that all you want. It does not make it true. The single gamebreaking build involving Mjolnir uses *discharge*, not Arc. Not Ball lightning. Not Spark. Not shock nova. Not Tentrils. Not Storm Call. Discharge.

Mjolnir + all six of those gems can't match the damage output of discharge, and specifically the single target output, where all six of those gems fail. It's not even remotely possible.

And you can't buff Mjolnir + any of those six gems because why? Because it would buff Mjolnir + Discharge through the goddamn roof, which is why it was nerfed in the first place. My god, this isn't rocket science.

Say it with me: Discharge is the culprit. Dis. Charge. Discharge. Dissssssschargeeeeeee.

Edit: DISCHARGE.

Make skills have a certain amount of damage increase when triggered so they're viable in a 3 link kinda like what they did with discharge with the reduced damage when triggered.
"
jeke777 wrote:
Make skills have a certain amount of damage increase when triggered so they're viable in a 3 link kinda like what they did with discharge with the reduced damage when triggered.
Then you just completely nuke any incentive to hand-cast the skill. Triggering a spell has the (MASSIVE) benefit of overriding the mana cost to begin with; giving it more damage would exacerbate the other issues with triggering.

Again, this is very simple. Nix the Discharge/Trigger relationship. Then, you can begin to buff things up to where they need to be. Hell, you can buff discharge for all I care! Make it ridiculously powerful when hand-cast! It should be!

"
Antnee wrote:
"
jeke777 wrote:
Then you just completely nuke any incentive to hand-cast the skill. Triggering a spell has the (MASSIVE) benefit of overriding the mana cost to begin with; giving it more damage would exacerbate the other issues with triggering.

Again, this is very simple. Nix the Discharge/Trigger relationship. Then, you can begin to buff things up to where they need to be. Hell, you can buff discharge for all I care! Make it ridiculously powerful when hand-cast! It should be!

But you do want to buff mjlonir so the damage of a certain lightning skill is increased to a certain amount of damage so it's viable after discharge is gone? It's the same thing I suggested that would also completely nuke any incentive to hand-cast the skil. Let's just be honest here you just want discharge gone as a trigger spell lol no matter what.
Last edited by jeke777 on Dec 17, 2016, 1:15:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info