Last Chance to get your Carnage Mystery Boxes! Get a free Mystery Box when you spend Points

"
KalidhoS wrote:
Is it so high an amount to spend so much energy and efforts in writing walls of text just to state you people wanted to "cheat prices" by taking a wishful dual-promotion and instead you feel cheated by GGG's behaviour?

I guess, the wall of text is a reference to me, so I'll bite :-) It's pretty simple: GGG is a company that is proud of its unique way of surviving. It offers what's called "ethical microtransactions" and it has all the reasons to be proud of that in the world of Gacha, Whales, and all the bad things usually inherent in the free-to-play model.

Each and every time they do something that's not "fair", "ethical" or "honest" to make more money is a first step on the road to standard free-to-play, and that for some people would be a sad day, indeed. Maybe even for the industry as a whole - it needs some good examples.

Even very mild things (such as adding stash-cluttering things, like divination cards or talismans, so non-paying players would have problems with limited stash space) were met with some fairly loud outcry. Things like trade from premium tabs were discussed a lot in the same way - and, once again, they were pretty mild - trading with 3rd party tools was left in.

This one is pretty bad as sales tricks go - so it needs to be noticed and discussed, I think. It does look like a definite step in the wrong direction.

All I came in here to say is I was going to buy a bandana anyway, so I'm glad I waited.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Nov 26, 2016, 2:03:54 AM
YES! Also another Weta for my Collection.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
"
KalidhoS wrote:
Is it so high an amount to spend so much energy and efforts in writing walls of text just to state you people wanted to "cheat prices" by taking a wishful dual-promotion and instead you feel cheated by GGG's behaviour?

I guess, the wall of text is a reference to me, so I'll bite :-) It's pretty simple: GGG is a company that is proud of its unique way of surviving. It offers what's called "ethical microtransactions" and it has all the reasons to be proud of that in the world of Gacha, Whales, and all the bad things usually inherent in the free-to-play model.

Each and every time they do something that's not "fair", "ethical" or "honest" to make more money is a first step on the road to standard free-to-play, and that for some people would be a sad day, indeed. Maybe even for the industry as a whole - it needs some good examples.

Even very mild things (such as adding stash-cluttering things, like divination cards or talismans, so non-paying players would have problems with limited stash space) were met with some fairly loud outcry. Things like trade from premium tabs were discussed a lot in the same way - and, once again, they were pretty mild - trading with 3rd party tools was left in.

This one is pretty bad as sales tricks go - so it needs to be noticed and discussed, I think. It does look like a definite step in the wrong direction.

nice "bite", much appreciated since you elaborated a lot on my question, it's unusual this days to find people that don't simply flame but shows this much care in the excange of opinions, my hat down to you sir :)
You did highlight facts I wasn't fully aware of (like the cluttering div cards, 1 stash tab reserved only for them is quite uncomfortable in fact, in the end I can live with it but it can be an issue for people limited (by force or by choice) to 4 tabs)

In the end, I stand in my position, I don't see a real issue with how GGG handled this particular promotion but only because the small cost required to get a free box is negligible to most people, anyway should this behavior extend to other less negligible deals in the future, I'll stand by your opinions for sure since I get your point.

Let's hope it was not GGG "reactions-check" but only them showing us that they care, and they'll limit this "unfair" promotions to start-from-5-coins related items
OK. I forgot about this promotion until I saw this thread. However, I spent points while this promotion was active. So, where is my free Carnage Mystery Box?

It's not in my Microtransaction to unwrap.
So... Why did I read everything xD a wee bit tired and I guess I care to some extent.

I agree with both sides of the people arguing for the most part.

Yes they Should in a perfect world give people boxes if they purchased when the sale started for good will towards purchasing in general I guess, but overall, if you wanted a mystery box you would have purchased one... or if you wanted a free mystery box you would of painstakingly waited until one was available with a purchase...as I do almost for 90% of my purchases.

From the get go though in order to be more successful in this game you need more stash tabs, even if you can somehow manage to run off a low number of stash tabs, you can't 'happily' collect gear for other characters you may want to play. This point is simply to express that if GGG wasn't 'fair' from the get go in terms of being 100% no bonus effects towards game-play.

Simply put it is a business first and a community 2nd(you can get very far from placing community 1st sometimes, but makes everything harder from the start and needs to thoroughly rooted and established before any business practices begin). sadly they have Overhead, employee salaries, taxes etc to pay and as much as they are amazing they just can't do everything if they want to survive. they have found a successful formula, Free Gachas = boost of sales, and no matter how crappy of an item you receive you benefited from it as it was free. you may argue that having a duplicate copy is non-beneficial, but what you benefited from was the Chance to gain something (presumably that you wanted), not what you actually received.

Hopefully being happy with your gamble is enough, and better luck next time :)

P.S.: Sorry if I was offensive to anyone in anyway. I am super tired and probably shouldn't post things in the first place xD
it seems that it doen't work as they said it would anymore. I just bought a box and didn't get an additional free box.

in the post it said, the free box special runs while the Thanksgiving Week Sale is running and because this sale ends at 30.11. I assumed the free box will be given on spending any point up until then.

Obviously it isn't... Although giving free boxes when spending points is a nice gesture, a correct date in the advertising would be nice
From the OP:

it's possible to get a free Carnage Mystery Box right up until the Breach Leagues launch!

----

So, if you believe you didn't get one when you should have, contact support@grindinggear.com.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Hi, I spent some points in the store and did not get my carnage mystery boxes. What gives?
Hello, I've also bought an MTX for the free box, but I can't see it in my MTX tab in-game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info