Last Chance to get your Carnage Mystery Boxes! Get a free Mystery Box when you spend Points

this season boxes were pretty decent for me

HC IGN:BBTYQQ
BEYOND IGN:QQNNTY
Last edited by q2ev on Nov 25, 2016, 3:29:49 PM
Hello, I buy 10 mistery box today and dont have a free mistery box, can you check it plz?
Methox
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"

i will NEVER trust you again.

The free Mystery Boxes are only for purchases made in given time frames. If you made a purchase before the promotion started, or after it finishes, you aren't eligible for the free Mystery Box.

If you do have any queries about when these are running, please email support@grindinggear.com, or check the announcements.

I've asked my question in this thread about half a day before but got no answer yet, there were multiple similar posts there, which also got no answer, so I'll try again here - perhaps replying to Gary_GGG would help :)

I just want to confirm which of the following two options is the correct one:

1. As soon as the Thanksgiving sale started, I've spent all my points. Then GGG waited a few days, so everyone who wanted to buy something on the sale did so - and launched the free box campaign (not retroactive). This is, of course, a valid business practice, but it's the first time people who trusted the sale were... sort of "cheated" of a free box. This is distinctly an unfriendly move, and while it would, probably, bring in some money short-term, it does feel unpleasant to me, and seems not to be in the "fair sales" tradition.

2. This whole thing was some kind of a timing error, and people like me would also get a free box, even if we did the purchase before the box launched.

While I do understand that Gacha-based sales, like the boxes, are supposed to be time-sensitive, players have to sit on the edge of their chairs waiting for the permission to spend some more, I do think it actually demotivates non-Gacha supporters and produces some loss of face and long-term income for GGG.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
i fell for this last time you cheated me GGG.

i spent points and got no carnage box, when i asked why i was told that you had stopped doing that.

thanks for nothing.

you cheated me once, you will not cheat me again.

you should be ashamed of yourselves GGG.

i will NEVER trust you again.

"
Sarno wrote:

They always say when the promotion starts and ends, and I have never seen anyone else claim that GGG "cheated them" with one of these promotions.

then you have not been paying attention as i am not the only one who has stated this

"
Sarno wrote:
If it's that easy for me to prove I was right, I'd do it.

if you had read you would have seen i did tell them about it and their answer was they stopped giving out boxes. classic bait and switch tactic for unethical companies.

"
Sarno wrote:
I would also stop playing their game. If a company scammed me I would never do any kind of business with them ever again - even if it's just playing a F2P game of theirs.

would you ? i doubt that. i have a lot of money and time and effort tied up in this game as i have been supporting them for a very long time now. yes that includes financially.

"
Sarno wrote:
You seem to be one of several people on the forum with the vaguest of complaints about the company, who actively plays the game and has a story for why they don't spend money on it which they feel compelled to tell people.

and you seem to not understand there is nothing vague about me being cheated by the company and while you might have spent more money on it, i spent all i could afford, probably around $500 since i began.

"
Sarno wrote:
At the risk of being rude - nobody asked. Spending money on the game is optional, if you don't want to, then that's fine. But absolutely nobody is interested in that one time that GGG scammed you and only you for no adequately explored reason.

that one time GGG scammed me and only me eh ?

i am far from the only one you little troll. and the reason is clear, temporary profit gain by selling their integrity in the long run.

too late, you are rude and it was not by accident, you intended it.

this is not just something that happened one time to me and nobody elese was ever affected.

this on then off then on again way of selling MTX by including a free box is not ethical and is going to make long time players end up hating GGG.

check out all the forum post and tell me how this is a one time thing.

but how about this ? nobody asked you for your response to my complaint.
In the first free mystery box when spend point i bought a box and get Skin Transfer - Skin Transfer. This second promo i bought another box and get Skin Transfer - Skin Transfer. TY for scam :)

Nice RNG MTX...
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
I do think it actually demotivates non-Gacha supporters and produces some loss of face and long-term income for GGG.

well yes, and it reduces the reputation of all the mtx in the box to the price of one mystery box, which was zero.

but wait! we still have time limited sales and supporter pack content to show our support!

the problem is: who the hell can tell what's actually from supporting the game with real money and what has ggg thrown at people for just causing them more costs without any support or what did people get by just gambling?

it gets more difficult with every expansion. it would be easier if supporter pack content was always the most amazing one. sadly that isn't the case.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
the problem is: who the hell can tell what's actually from supporting the game with real money and what has ggg thrown at people for just causing them more costs without any support or what did people get by just gambling?

To be fair (and realistic), Gacha works :-) It is so profitable that it was actually heavily regulated and in some forms even forbidden in Japan. So, while it's perceived as "fair", and as long as I don't have to take part in it, I'm OK with boxes, and with "free" boxes. It does seem borderline, but not much more than selling stash tabs. I get some random MTX, GGG gets a few dollars. If I do not choose to spend a lot for many boxes, and someone does - that's also fine, whoever did "just gambling", did, actually, support the development of the game, and that's in my best interests.

The problem in my original message (that I hope would get answered at some point) is different. This is the very first moment in the history of the game (as far as I know) when they did "free box" promotion in the middle of a big sale.

They did play "dirty" on my desire to get some MTX on the sale (I did it at the very beginning, because every time before it was a normal strategy), and after some waiting for people like me they tried to squeeze some extra sales by offering the box. That is a trick, and not a fair one. Basically, if I would just have waited for the last day of the sale, I would've gotten the box - but I trusted GGG to play no tricks on me, and now I don't get the box for that. My trust was violated.

Now, please don't mix me with others in the thread - I sorta-kinda-understand that it's a standard trick used both in offline sales and online ones, and GGG is simply trying to make more money. The trick works by first collecting as much as possible from "loyal" customers, and then offering extra stuff to encourage those still on the edge of buying.

Many offline companies offer some kind of "safety time" for irate customers that this trick invariably generates, though - "WHAT THE FUCK THERE IS A PROMO TODAY AND I BOUGHT IT YESTERDAY I HATE YOU AND RETURN THE ITEM NOW" is the standard reaction, and refunds are usually granted, and the item is then re-bought for the sale price.

In GGG's case there is no such an option as refund, but I'm pretty certain there would be some irate customers. The box itself is not important in the grand scheme of things, of course, but the fine web of trust it violates - well, even I would think twice before buying the next pack, and I'm not angry. I hate to imagine what goes in the heads of people who don't understand why they were treated like this with the "free box", and who are really angry about that.

Thank you Weta Pet and GGG :D
Last edited by Tankus on Nov 25, 2016, 7:43:38 PM
I seriously don't get it, this thread is about free mystery box for 1 purchase per promotion, means I can buy a 5 or 7 point mtx and still get a MB free - am I mistaken? It isn't $, it's cents...

Is it so high an amount to spend so much energy and efforts in writing walls of text just to state you people wanted to "cheat prices" by taking a wishful dual-promotion and instead you feel cheated by GGG's behaviour?
It's bad for health too, so much tension and anxiety...

Somebody please explain it to me, I'm dumb.
The reason why I don't like boxes is "I'm not getting what I want for like 5-10 boxes but others buying 1 pet for 5 coins and winning wings, how the hell is this happening?"

As a fair customer I bought wings for 200 coins someday but my friend bought one box for 25 coins and won wings. I understand that this is random thing and so on, but damn, this hurts. This season I bought like 7 boxes and got 2 Carnage Boots, 2 Gore Helmet, 1 Worm, 1 Skin Transfer, 1 Gore Sunder Effect, that's not bad but I don't need duplicate boots and helmets, I have like 9 boots from all previous boxes. At least they didn't put useless fireworks this season.

I'm pretty sure that chances for getting armour or wings are not the same as chances for getting these damn boots. And every time when I'm opening box and getting another boots I feel scammed.

I suppose you shouldn't buy boxes at all, only getting free ones for 5-10 coins. This hope for getting something valuable is a trap. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info