[2.5 Breach SC/HC] Crit Dagger DW Blade Flurry by fiqst

"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
I'm currently entering mapping with this build. The base version is quite strong. Although I changed up my body armor to a Perfect Form for the free Arctic Armor, Phase Acrobatics, and to stack Cold res for a good evasion rating. I'll probably put on a Choir of Storms as well to get a better crit rating once I can spec out of some temporary nodes.

Has anyone else been trying out Perfect Form? I'm only at 3.6k life so I'll probably have to complete the scion life wheel to make up for not using Belly.

Perfect form could be very strong. Can you please do an experiment if you get the chance?

Equip a sapphire flask with increased evasion and see the numbers before and after. Such a flask can give up to 150% evasion.

Then try with a Jade flask, sapphire and grace. Then try all of these with Vaal Grace.

I think the amount of evasion and dodge could be be immense.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
I'm currently entering mapping with this build. The base version is quite strong. Although I changed up my body armor to a Perfect Form for the free Arctic Armor, Phase Acrobatics, and to stack Cold res for a good evasion rating. I'll probably put on a Choir of Storms as well to get a better crit rating once I can spec out of some temporary nodes.

Has anyone else been trying out Perfect Form? I'm only at 3.6k life so I'll probably have to complete the scion life wheel to make up for not using Belly.

Perfect form could be very strong. Can you please do an experiment if you get the chance?

Equip a sapphire flask with increased evasion and see the numbers before and after. Such a flask can give up to 150% evasion.

Then try with a Jade flask, sapphire and grace. Then try all of these with Vaal Grace.

I think the amount of evasion and dodge could be be immense.

Before my numbers I should say that my Gloves and Helm are both armour based (20% physical dmg reduction) So it's possible to get higher evasion numbers. And I'm only lvl 67, I plan to grab that 10% all res and evasion Sentinal node below Scion with this setup. Also we toss Acrobatics, we don't dodge attacks, just spells. but we don't get the armor/es/evasion penalty either.

Life 3862
Merciless town cold res 78%
Evasion in Town: 4502 (43% chance to evade)
Chance to Dodge Spells 30%
Arctic armor: 13% less physical damage taken, 12% less fire damage taken (13% with a lvl 21 gem)

Lvl 11 Grace: Jade Flask(without reflex roll), Stibnite of reflex, and Saphire of Reflex
=30186 (78%)
With stacked Resist of (161%): 35399 (80)

ahah. Yeah, 80% chance to evade. Vaal grace can be in addition to this. It stacks with the 30% spell dodge on the armor. So a lvl 20 vaal grace yeilds 34 attack dodge & 64 spell dodge
Spoiler

Evasion in Dried Lake with a lvl 1 grace: 5162 (46%)
No Grace Values
Evasion without Grace popping a quicksilver (22% add ele res roll): 4842 (44%)
Evasion without Grace with a saphire flask (99% evasion roll): 6807 (51%)
Evasion without Grace with a stibnite flask (76% evasion roll): 7224(52%)
Evasion without Grace using all 3 of the above: 8694 (56%)

Stacking gear cold res: 161%
Evasion: 6130 (49%)
With just Saphire flask (99% evasion roll):8572(56%) (81/211 cold res)
With all three 10572 (60%)

Edit. grabbed a lvl 11 Grace
With original res of 78%: 7537 (53%)
With all three flasks: 14556 (66%)
With Stacked res to 161%: 10031 (59%)
With all three flasks: 17299 (69%)

Edit 3: I forgot to grab a Jade Flask, I'm testing with that now. Also I messed up the stibnite, It's armour % not evasion, my bad. Retesting now.

Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Jan 8, 2017, 8:13:13 PM
I've been surviving pretty hardcore stuff with perfect form. Double beyond tier 13 Maps they barely connect and when they do I leech before I need to whirl out. I use Sin's Rebirth Flask covers both defense and offense.
Amazing test! thanks mate

80% evasion, 64% dodge and 64% spell dodge with just flask use and a 10 second Vaal Grace is incredible, especially considering not many nodes specced into defence.

Also, considering you have only 161% cold resist on gear, the evasion could be much higher. i'm able to stack 272% lightning resistance from my gear for choir of the storm.
"
fiqst wrote:
Amazing test! thanks mate

80% evasion, 64% dodge and 64% spell dodge with just flask use and a 10 second Vaal Grace is incredible, especially considering not many nodes specced into defence.

Also, considering you have only 161% cold resist on gear, the evasion could be much higher. i'm able to stack 272% lightning resistance from my gear for choir of the storm.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. I did just notice that Acrobatics only cuts Es and Armour by 50%, not evasion. And my helmet, gloves, rings, ammy's are not evasion based yet. A rat's nest alone would give 600 so 80% is with self-found gear levels.

A neat detail is that these are normal utility flasks as you said earlier in the thread you get longer durations and more charges out of them then uniques. They stay up for a long time and recharge just as quickly so you can run around with 72%+ (with Hatred)

Edit:
Spoiler
I'm still low lvl, but I have managed to put on Choir of storms and still slightly above max res in town. An issue is that I think this build needs an Elreon ring for quite some time. so I'll have to come back to it when I do enough mana leach. But at first glance with just around 76% light res in merciless it gives a good 10%~ boost to my crit chance, goes from 35 to about 45 before power charges and golem.
Also I picked up a starjonka's helm, it only gives about a 2-3% evasion boost. I don't know if it's best in slot as it offers no resists. The real seller is that 100 life, 10% attack speed, and a smidgen of crit. Rat's nest gives far more crit, 5% more speed, movement, and double the flat evasion. However no life. Now I have attack speed gloves, and I will be respecing my cruel Oak to Kraityn for more speed. However I think with Choir and Perfect Form short of perfect other gear, I'd go for like a very high life armour, evasion, hybrid helm with 45/45/45 res. I'll post on this again later but I need to level to see what kind of life values I'll end up with. My jewels are res/dmg/speed, not life so far. If I can reach 6k life, I'll be happy with Perfect Form, below that I'm still a bit hesitant because of pure chance.

Also and this is important and will need testing, Min max res and reduced res, and such mods. REALLY hurt. Because our evasion is buffed by our cold res, people using the armour will need to keep in mind it will reduce both their res and evasion. This will also be for choir's crit but that's not as important as surviving.

Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Jan 9, 2017, 5:05:08 PM
Updated the current breach status in the OP:

Spoiler
My current Breach build:

6173 life
11.3k damage
7.46 as
91% acc
95% crit chance

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAAGAdwFLQW1C8EMcA2NES8UIBXsFfYWvyPTI_Yk_SaVJ58oKizhLlMwfDWSNj07tkMxRwZHfkp9SshM_02STipQR1FHV5dbr18_YEFh4mJ5YqxjcGVNbAhsjG6qbydvO3Ttdf12rHfjeA15aHvDfeOEb4TZhVKFp4a0h3aKr4rwi0-NfY2_j2CQEZJ9l3mYb5pqmy2bap2qo4qlNaZ_qW6sZq2NsoC0xbVItfK5Hbk-vTa-p8AawQTC7MqQz37Tb9Qj1ELYdti92WHawdvn3CPjn-RR5c_nVOlG6hjrY-1B7g7vDvGK9WH3MvzF_94=?accountName=fiqst&characterName=Royal_Executor

The gear is mostly rare with high lightning resistance (212%) to make the most from Choir of the Storm. This benefits me by saving the nodes i would have used for Assassination, Trickery and a power charge, 6 nodes total.

I am also over capped with critical chance, so if i were to upgrade the dagger to a higher dps/lower crit dagger i could still maintain the cap.

The next few levels will be devoted to jewel slots or life.
Just bumping the thread and making a PSA about a new website to view profiles:

http://poe-profile.info/profile/fiqst/Royal_Executor
Hi, I've been doing your build, kinda, and am wondering where I can improve next or whats the most important pieces to upgrade? My Blade Flurry damage is really low compared to yours and I'm wondering why that is. I'm pretty sure its the 6l chest and I am doing a CoC with my blade flurry but I mean, its less than 10% of your dmg.

Thanks for the help.
"
Vobomaye wrote:
Hi, I've been doing your build, kinda, and am wondering where I can improve next or whats the most important pieces to upgrade? My Blade Flurry damage is really low compared to yours and I'm wondering why that is. I'm pretty sure its the 6l chest and I am doing a CoC with my blade flurry but I mean, its less than 10% of your dmg.

Thanks for the help.

Hi.

I use a 6L with all DPS gems directly affecting blade flurry. I had a quick look at your character and it seems you have blade flurry in a 4L that includes a CoC-bladefall.

I think you'd need to consider what you want your build to do. A true CoC build is quite complicated and requires some investment into items and knowledge into mechanics.

A pure melee bf like mine is pretty easy to follow and doesn't need much thinking. You can't really expect to deal significant damage with blade flurry of you try split half the gems toward CoC.

I suggest dropping CoC-bladefall and replace the 4L with

Blade flurry
Melee phys damage
Faster attacks
Increased AoE

I also recommend buying a binos and think about a fifth gem slot

Ask me again after you've made some changes and I'd be happy to continue the help
Last edited by fiqst on Jan 20, 2017, 7:59:42 PM
Hey man, just want to say I've been following your builds from when I first started PoE and you were doing the 2.3 Vulcan Exemplar. Switching up the main skill to fit the expansion is always something I look forward too but I must admit, I miss Dual Strike.

Anyway, on to the question. What is your take on the IC-CWDT setup, level wise? When I roll maps, of course you want to avoid the reflect but I find myself still dying to random damage at times. I guess because I ran Daresso's Defiance majority of the time and more recently switched it for Carcass Jack; I guess I relied too much on those endurance charges that kept me a immune a little longer so I can heal right back up. Currently I'm doing IC(9) and CWDT(11) but I still find myself struggling. Should I just try Belly of the Beast instead of being greedy with Carcass Jack? I'm sitting around 5.6k life and I'm sure a decent roll on Belly would be an extra 1k life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great guides and all the work you do!
Last edited by Kamual on Jan 21, 2017, 9:28:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info