[2.4] CI Ele Blade Flurry Inquisitor / Life Version added (League starter)

Hey,
I never wrote a guide so far but since the new league is starting soon and I tried the new skill Blade Flurry successfully on a Standard character I thought I would write a quick overview for those of you interested.
If you got any improvements or question just feel free to reply here or via PM.

This screen is just from self-buffed auras and golem while sitting in HO.

No mandarory uniques needed.

Optional uniques
Spoiler

As far as I can tell damage wise it is Maligaros > Facebreaker > Wake of Destruction. Skyforth will always be best ofcourse if you change the passive tree accordingly.

My gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree Lvl 89

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kraityn/Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

Main gem setup
Spoiler
4L: Blade Flurry - WED - Added Lightning - Faster Attacks/Added Cold Dmg
5L/6L: +Increased AoE/Increased Critical Strikes

Utility gem setups
Spoiler
Whirling Blades - FA - Fortify
CWDT L1 - Ice Spear - Inc Crit Strikes - PCoC
Wrath - Discipline - Summon Ice Golem (- Enlighten not mandatory)
Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark
CWDT L5 - Immortal Call - Incr Duration - Vaal Haste

Skyforth Variant

Life Version
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAFb6W68UdcAadKCNfWVNDY3Tb-OfN9TtYTWSBiD-j9i9tfJsjHfjJpWDzMBmbWwABrIZxq5DMcxmlFznVL02hMXwHzwtnHuNv4nTFfbUI3gNTZKiAASzC2H53VVL_94MUlFHdO0j9g-rjDZo8ha_wzq-p9rBAdzPekd-bztieejWmyb-CpJunaoZtId27T8CloTZLlOaaqi5MHwyAWqTg19OKio4Iuo2Pe98fyski3BSYeKLjLxWSphirBfcTP_SfDwFr2wk_SPTd9cFtZu1BqK3PqZXTeM64W8nBS3yRY9gSn2pbg==

Bandits
Help Oak, Kraityn, Alira

Gear
Ele 1H Sword + Doryani's Catalyst
Belly of the Beast
Maligaro's Vrituosity
Rest rares.
Add 1-2 Static Electricity Jewels for cheap damage buff early in league.

Gem setups
Blade Flurry - WED - Added Lightning - Crit Strikes - Increased Area/Concentrated Effect - Added Cold
Wrath - Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark
CWDT 5 - Immortal Call 7 - Increased Duration - Vaal Haste
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic
Enduring Cry - Ice Golem (- Minion Life)
Ancestral Warchief - WED - Added Cold - Culling Strikes

Good luck and stay inquisitive, exiles.
IGN: NautyJugg
Last edited by tayfun369 on Nov 28, 2016, 2:26:18 PM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 8:05:38 PM
i really like the idea of this build. but i have some questions.

1)How do you sustain mana if you have no potion nodes nor mana nodes?
2)53% crit is way too low imo. You got 4 points next to spent to get extra 2 power charge. Plus take a alira on act3 and you get 6charges. Your crit should be around 70% and it would help alot to avoid with damage because crit damage is abused by inquisitor.
3)herald of ice is still way better to sustain power charges.
"
krofj wrote:

2)53% crit is way too low imo. You got 4 points next to spent to get extra 2 power charge. Plus take a alira on act3 and you get 6charges. Your crit should be around 70% and it would help alot to avoid with damage because crit damage is abused by inquisitor.

How do you sustain power charges with herald of ice?
IGN: Swagmeizter
Prophecy Sc
"
krofj wrote:

First of all this build was designed with Breach league start in mind so I tried to make it as budget as possible while still having quite good dmg and defense. Yellow and red maps are a cake walk even with a 5l. The point is I didn't want to rely on Vessel of Vinktar as only viable life leech source since Atziri's Promise is not enough imho. ES as best "defense mechanic" will be quite expensive as is. Phys Blade Flurry builds will even more.

1) I use Warlord's Mark on Herald of Thunder.
2) On the screen it says 58%. With Diamond Flask up that's something like 82% crit chance. If I would have gotten the power charges I would have needed to run either Assassin's Mark but than have no leech or I would need to use Orb of Storms - Increased Crit - PCoc setup to sustain charges. I chose to not pick charges and go as is for the beginning.
3) Herald of Ice is better for power charges. For Warlord's Mark when Herald of Thunder proccs it is carrying over to the next pack for a couple seconds so I have leech up already for the next pack/boss before killing anything.

Ofcourse if you got Vessel of Vinktar or you don't need the extra leech you can just unspecc some Ele Dmg nodes (Catalyse cluster) or the left juwel slot (you'd need some more strength on gear then though) to get those power charges.

"
Tortillaboy wrote:
How do you sustain power charges with herald of ice?

You only do if you use Herald of Ice with Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark which I didn't do early on (read above).
This won't sustain charges on strictly single target fights though.
Last edited by tayfun369 on Nov 27, 2016, 10:23:16 AM
aura: Wrath+ Herald of thunder + discipline at the same time!
are you sure bro or im wrong? How to leech mana for skill?
thank so much
Last edited by THANHPOE on Nov 27, 2016, 11:05:36 AM
Nice Build
Last edited by gamble002 on Nov 27, 2016, 12:19:34 PM
Build is pretty meh league starter. Phys Blade Flurry is much cheaper. Craft 210 dps dagger with vegan5 add Belly 5L, cheap rares and you are good till guardians. No need for void ring. With 7 APS assasin bleed chance is enough. Poison chance will be around 70%
"
Vadash wrote:
Build is pretty meh league starter. Phys Blade Flurry is much cheaper. Craft 210 dps dagger with vegan5 add Belly 5L, cheap rares and you are good till guardians. No need for void ring. With 7 APS assasin bleed chance is enough. Poison chance will be around 70%

You are right, a life build will always be cheaper.

Here is my life version which I will likely play in Breach: http://poeurl.com/RT3

Tree has Life/Mana Leech, Vaal Pact, Acro & Phase Acro and still more %Life than Mathil's phys build. Can even swap Phase Acro for 19% incr. Life and some EV rating.

Get Oak Life, Kraityn Attackspeed, Alira Power charge, use Assasin's Mark.

Equip Ele 1H sword for a couple chaos and Doryani's in offhand. Belly ofc. If you can get, Maligaro's, rest rares.

You will have 80-85% Crit chance and 480-520% Crit Dmg at around 5,6-6k life depending on gear.

No need for overpriced/-hyped Voidheart or Death's hand in the new league. Just my opinion.

With endgame gear the phys build will be more powerful ofc but that's because double diping chaos dmg and poison stacking is out of balance compared to something like shocking or bleeding. Hopefully that will be fixed.
Yep this one looks amazing. I still not decided poison assasin (no reflect problems, less defence) vs inquisitor
Last edited by ActiveSlay on Nov 29, 2016, 2:48:06 PM
probably this is stupid question but can we use Hyaon`s furry?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info