Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

"
Qarl wrote:
we wanted to keep the Essence items in Path of Exile, though at a lower frequency. The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

There were several balance tweaks we wanted to make to the mods offered by essences:
  • Essence of Woe now gives slightly lower values of flat energy shield, % increased energy shield, and spell damage on the higher level brackets of the essence.
  • We are reducing the Decay damage from Essence of Delirium. This will be retroactive, as it will affect all instances of Decay.
  • We are reducing the Socketed Gems have 20% more Attack and Cast Speed on Gloves from Essence of Insanity.

DAMN, that's harsh, haven't played the league but I guess I'll just get a extremely watered down version of it

And again, I ask, why did Talisman and Perandus not make it in the final game?
Last edited by Coal48 on Nov 22, 2016, 2:16:54 PM
GIVE EVERYONE 1 FREE STASH TAB THEN
Last edited by CaoMengde on Nov 22, 2016, 3:27:00 PM
thanks for continuing this crafting feature!

wonderful news , as always great work
nice

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Coal48 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
we wanted to keep the Essence items in Path of Exile, though at a lower frequency. The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

There were several balance tweaks we wanted to make to the mods offered by essences:
  • Essence of Woe now gives slightly lower values of flat energy shield, % increased energy shield, and spell damage on the higher level brackets of the essence.
  • We are reducing the Decay damage from Essence of Delirium. This will be retroactive, as it will affect all instances of Decay.
  • We are reducing the Socketed Gems have 20% more Attack and Cast Speed on Gloves from Essence of Insanity.

DAMN, that's harsh, haven't played the league but I guess I'll just get a extremely watered down version of it

And again, I ask, why did Talisman and Perandus not make it in the final game?

Talismans introduced a totally unique item type and affix into the pool. Perandus is technically in the game but totally worthless regardless.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Great decision to keep the essences GGG, though they will be quite a challenge to acquire now. I honestly expected a reduction in their occurrence, but not like this. Oh well, I say bring it!
"
Qarl wrote:
Essence league started in early September 2016. It was an encounter-based league that had crafting items (that is, the essences themselves) as its reward.

The Essence crafting items are designed to give players some more control in crafting.

... provide a broad and powerful set of tools for crafting rare items going forward.

Can we please stop calling this crafting? It's nothing but gambling! Essences even override the master's crafting mods aka. can't reroll pre- or suffixes therefore there is exactly zero crafting involved in using these essences!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
RIP stash tabs for the new and f2p players.
I think 1-2 patch with content like this and it will be unplayable for them. Most of the new players will leave PoE, because it looks like "pay to win".
Please do not ruin this game.
give back my Decay!!
Last edited by ombradd on Nov 22, 2016, 9:43:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info