Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

Yay! I'm so glad essences are staying.

I would like to add a feature request. Can we have a customized stash tab for holding essences? I would buy that as soon as it was offered.
Standard is content starved and every time GGG fails to add temp league content to the core game, it represents a resource allocation that a portion of supporters don't benefit from.

I'm very happy to see essence roll into the core game. Standard needs more of this stuff, outside of zana mods, even if it's on temporary rotation.

With the recent XP nerf I'm still not done leveling my essence characters and I plan to skip the breach league to keep finishing my builds. I'm also fatigued by master leveling, atlas progression, lab enchant grind, and so on. When you already have 10+ level 90-95 characters that you're still working on, starting over in a temp league and redoing all those grinds is a hard sell, especially for players interested in high level pvp where those final upper levels and gear perfections matter more.

I would LOVE to play breach content in standard. Many times I feel like supporting the game is a waste when so much dev time goes into temp leagues that I don't enjoy participating in.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
good to read that, ty GGG
"
Jackalex36 wrote:
"
tobes111 wrote:
"
Are existing unused essence of woe and insanity becoming legacy or only the items already crafted with them?

It is good question.

This needs to be answered...

Same with insanity.

We have to use all our essence of woe and insanity now???? or not?

Still needs answering
IGN: Swagmeizter
Prophecy Sc
"
Tortillaboy wrote:
"
Jackalex36 wrote:

We have to use all our essence of woe and insanity now???? or not?

Still needs answering

"For all but the Decay effect, old values on existing items will be stay the same. Using a Divine Orb will reroll them to the new values."

"
Qarl wrote:
During the league, both newer and experienced players used essences extensively.

really? wow.

i played the league 4 hours/day and got ONE highest essence of every type as well as 4 horror and 2 delirium from corruptions.

i used 3 horror and one of the other t7 essence on items and realised it's basically a alchemy orb with one guaranteed property. didn't get one good roll and stopped.

i do trust your telemetry results as my experience is just a personal one. but it would really be interesting to know what percentage of players used all these t7 essences? i mean i applied massses of essences, the lowest 3 tiers on jewelery to get regals.

making essences 1/6th of their former spawn rate you could as well just have buried it behind a zana mod.

---

i suspect the real problem being trading and the accumulation of t7 essences in the hands of a chosen few power players who are so rich that they can mass spam them on ilevel 84+ items.

tl;dr essence fights were a nice addition to the game, they spiced up the gameplay alot, essence drops were a nice little gratification but essences themselves are just good to look at because they were really nicely colored and served my ocd well.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 21, 2016, 7:17:52 PM
Didn't have time for this league, but it's undoubtly one of the best! 71 levels of well spent time! Great news they are in the core now. More great hours to come!
CI >> Life
"
sonafab wrote:
Didn't have time for this league, but it's undoubtly one of the best! 71 levels of well spent time! Great news they are in the core now. More great hours to come!

that's exactly the time players need to get to 71: some hours.

what did impress you in the league that you're so happy?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
During the league, both newer and experienced players used essences extensively.

really? wow.

i played the league 4 hours/day and got ONE highest essence of every type as well as 4 horror and 2 delirium from corruptions.

i used 3 horror and one of the other t7 essence on items and realised it's basically a alchemy orb with one guaranteed property. didn't get one good roll and stopped.

i do trust your telemetry results as my experience is just a personal one. but it would really be interesting to know what percentage of players used all these t7 essences? i mean i applied massses of essences, the lowest 3 tiers on jewelery to get regals.

making essences 1/6th of their former spawn rate you could as well just have buried it behind a zana mod.

---

i suspect the real problem being trading and the accumulation of t7 essences in the hands of a chosen few power players who are so rich that they can mass spam them on ilevel 84+ items.

tl;dr essence fights were a nice addition to the game, they spiced up the gameplay alot, essence drops were a nice little gratification but essences themselves are just good to look at because they were really nicely colored and served my ocd well.

A lot of folks, including myself, used the lower tier essences to get rings/ammys/belts for chaos recipes.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
This is good. I found Essences useful in the beginning of the league when you are just scrambling for any kind of gear. Thou I did tend to use it less as I got good items, but this is because I am not big into crafting in this game.

However I do find that some have strong build potential, like the Minion ones.
So I am glad to see this becoming a core mechanic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info