[2.6] CI Best Scourge ClawFlurry, Up to 134+ Mill DPS,Uber/Shaper/Guardians, Budget Version Inc.

My character stat sheet says that my life leech on main/off hands is 3.2% each. Shouldn't it be at least 4%, since each Scourge claw is 2%, and life leech is global? Or am I missing something?
IGN: OneEyedShadow
"
Grozaa wrote:
I've got the question on my mind. I'm using the build, and it kinda works, but I feel like I'm losing something, and because of that, I tend to die on harder maps quite often. At lvl 79, my tooltip with auras&golem is just 1,4k, which feels like way too small amount to me. My approach is defensive, but still I don't think everything is working right here.

I hope someone explains that to me.

Here are the issues that I see:

1. You only have a 5 link, get a 6-link when you are able to.
2. Why are you using life leech in your 5-link setup? We already have life leech on the claws and the tree. I highly recommend copying my 6-link setup for CI (drop faster attacks if only using 5-links).
3. You are missing herald of ash.
4. Some of your links in your other gear is weird, i highly recommend copying what I have listed in the guide.
5. You have very little flat accuracy on your gear, flat accuracy on gear (ring, amulet, gloves, helmet) is extremely important.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
Amarantine wrote:
My character stat sheet says that my life leech on main/off hands is 3.2% each. Shouldn't it be at least 4%, since each Scourge claw is 2%, and life leech is global? Or am I missing something?

The life leech on those claws are local to the weapon. So if you wear two of the same claws, the life leech will not stack.

Keep in mind that when dual wielding, usually (not always, depends on skill/weapons), the weapons will alternate between each other as you attack. So when you are channeling your bladeflurry the attacks will alternate between your main-hand and your offhand claw.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jan 11, 2017, 5:37:48 PM
"
"
Amarantine wrote:

The life leech on those claws are local to the weapon. So if you wear two of the same claws, the life leech will not stack.

Keep in mind that when dual wielding, usually (not always, depends on skill/weapons), the weapons will alternate between each other as you attack. So when you are channeling your bladeflurry the attacks will alternate between your main-hand and your offhand claw.

Ah, so our effective life leech in this build is indeed 3.2%, since we use both of the same claws? Thanks for the info! I was hoping it would stack to be 5.2% life leech per hit :(.
IGN: OneEyedShadow
OK - so stun lock is a thing if you don't have Skyforth? Is the only affordable solution here Kiara's? (70c in breach currently).

I want Skyforth, for sure, but that's a long ways away for me. Taking Chayula's neck is a loss of ES, resistances, and for me, accuracy.

Also to point out, you can't have Discipline + Hatred + Ash unless you have a lvl 4 Enlighten (i dont even know hwo much this costs, I'm planning on corrupting once mine hits level 3 but, damn) + the reservation node + the gem, which is a DPS loss both in your skill tree + your gem slot.

I can find plenty of gems in the 1-10c that have physical damage + about 10 Attack speed combined. Once you get to 4 of the required you're looking at 30c - 5EX each gem.

Overall though, it feels like Skyforth makes this build - the stun, the power charge (faster attacks instead of pcoc), the mana reservation (you can take the 1 talent and use level 3 enlighten, instead of paying 6ex).

To be completely min-maxed like the OP, you're looking at, in breach - 6 EX for enlighten, 35 EX for skyforth, 25EX for a 900 ES 6L, 1 EX each for your scourge, voidheart, doryani's (30% phys, max rolls), Abyssus (40% increased, 225% multiplier), several EX for the full flask line-up, and then you can pay several EX for a ring and neck and gloves - I got very lucky and found a GG neck go up for about 8c - don't count on it.

All in all I would expect to spend 80-100 EX to make this build fully-fledged. I guess the question is if this is the best build for such an expenditure.
"
bolerodefeu wrote:
OK - so stun lock is a thing if you don't have Skyforth? Is the only affordable solution here Kiara's? (70c in breach currently).

Your options are:
  • Skyforth (best but very expensive),
  • Kiara's (great flask, sketchy if your dmg is too low to kill stuff too slowly to keep it filled),
  • Eye of Chayula (most effective, but uses the important amulet spot), or
  • Valyrium (very effective, lose a ring slot and deal with the resistance penalty).

"
bolerodefeu wrote:
...I can find plenty of gems in the 1-10c that have physical damage + about 10 Attack speed combined. Once you get to 4 of the required you're looking at 30c - 5EX each gem.

Yes, the best 4-stat jewels are rare and thus expensive.

"
bolerodefeu wrote:
Overall though, it feels like Skyforth makes this build - the stun, the power charge (faster attacks instead of pcoc), the mana reservation (you can take the 1 talent and use level 3 enlighten, instead of paying 6ex).

Yes, Skyforth is a big boost for the true endgame. Until I wanted to do the hardest stuff, Valyrium worked fine for countering stun. I used CwDT (1) + blade vortex (1) + PCoC (20/20) + Incr Crit (20/20) to generate power charges. This ensured I always had full charges on bosses. It doesn't matter if charges are lacking with trash that gets oneshot anyway. It's a lot harder to things like Shaper without Skyforth, but Uber Izaro was still quite doable.

"
bolerodefeu wrote:
... All in all I would expect to spend 80-100 EX to make this build fully-fledged. I guess the question is if this is the best build for such an expenditure.

I agree with the approximate budget. I'm at about 50ex now for non-Shaper mode. In Shaper mode, I have 80k tooltip damage with flasks, but no voidheart, no doryani, no blood rage, good abyssus, 88% hit chance, 84% crit chance with 6 charges, etc.

Your question is definitely relevant. This build has quite a bit more top-end DPS than blade vortex in 2.4 (with a 100ex build), but it's squishier (hard to beat 10k es + perma flasks against isolated bosses with no adds). Have you encountered other builds you like that (a) can safely do all content including Shaper, (b) are also good for map clearing, and (c) are significantly cheaper?
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Jan 11, 2017, 8:58:24 PM
"
bolerodefeu wrote:

Also to point out, you can't have Discipline + Hatred + Ash unless you have a lvl 4 Enlighten (i dont even know hwo much this costs, I'm planning on corrupting once mine hits level 3 but, damn) + the reservation node + the gem, which is a DPS loss both in your skill tree + your gem slot.

[sic]

All in all I would expect to spend 80-100 EX to make this build fully-fledged. I guess the question is if this is the best build for such an expenditure.

If you manage to get skyforth, you only need the lvl 4 enlighten. Alternatively, you can drop hatred and use vuln curse on blasphemy with a non-reservation-focused skill tree. You just won't have shatter wit hout taste of hate at that point.

And yeah, your budget estimate is pretty accurate. I have dumped tons and tons of exalts into this so far and still would like better gear to be less squishy.
I've uploaded a new video discussing how to create builds and answering some of the questions that came up in this forum thread. Feel free to watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EC8cJ6wAOk

If you have any questions or suggestions, leave a comment on the youtube video page.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
I just found out that CWDT cannot trigger Vaal Discipline. Can someone tell me why the hell the OP put it in his CWDT setup? And how am i supposed to use all those active short time buffs? Its hard enough to maintain the totem + vaal haste + blood rage with this fast paced combat.

I am pretty new to the game and i am feeling like i'm only getting like 10% of the info i need from the guides to work them properly. Anyways i am having pretty much fun with the build otherwise.
"
I've uploaded a new video discussing how to create builds and answering some of the questions that came up in this forum thread. Feel free to watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EC8cJ6wAOk

If you have any questions or suggestions, leave a comment on the youtube video page.

Hey mate! What do you think, 350+ dps (1.8+ aps, more crit chance etc) rare claw can beat The Scourge considering all bonuses from the scourge? Worth those moneys, which i may spent on rare claws?

Thx for answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info