Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

the fastest and most deadly melee gem was flicker strike but only if you could afford the gear.

but so far from what i see, blade flurry has twice the damage at the 6th stage compared to flicker strike, has melee AoE gem included, and half multistrike included

so basically it's like a flicker strike running on 8 links and without the big problem of generating frenzy charges

op?
"
the fastest and most deadly melee gem was flicker strike but only if you could afford the gear.

but so far from what i see, blade flurry has twice the damage at the 6th stage compared to flicker strike, has melee AoE gem included, and half multistrike included

so basically it's like a flicker strike running on 8 links and without the big problem of generating frenzy charges

op?

Haha.

I made a cheap oro's flicker build and it cleared 10 times faster than my equivalently priced bf build.

Theory isn't always the same as reality.
"
plodd wrote:
"

op?

Haha.

I made a cheap oro's flicker build and it cleared 10 times faster than my equivalently priced bf build.

clearspeed yes if you have a mirrored dagger but at the boss it sucks, oro's might be an exception but is very limited.

oro's doesnt have problems with frenzy charges, but if you run into a map with 80% fire res and enfeeble i dont think you clear faster, ehm you dont kill anything.

blade flurry is the same game play as spectral throw, but it has 300% more damage, with a 300pdps dagger you can't even run flicker strike in red maps, while you oneshot anything in t16 maps with a 2ex dagger using flurry
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Nov 21, 2016, 1:49:03 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

If GGG said "ok, we're fixing melee next update, melee is now tankier and does more damage out of the box and scales a little bit slower once you've got your endgame gear, to bring it in line with spells, and simultaneously we are nerfing EQ and BF" I'd be ok with that. But that isn't what's going to happen.

What the f*** seriously, you KNOW that they said that they are fixing melee targeting to put melee more in line with ranges and that the big overhaul is coming FROM this point, cut the c*** with that "they will never fix melee" BS.

And you people seemed to have missed that played always need some time to end up finding the right tunning and the best way to min-max it.
We are only couple of days after release, and uber Atziri has already been destroyed with this skill, using setups made for another one.

"
plodd wrote:
Haha.

Haha

Maybe you don't know how to build bf (because you know, it's "been out 2 fucking days." ) and it sucks hard.
Let's not speak of how safe is bf compared to flicker either, it's completely irrelevant right ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2016, 1:54:11 AM
Quite sure I can see one person who is overreacting... :P

It is over-tuned. Anyone who played this game long enough will tell you that. While cheese on Atziri was strong already, being able to one-shot her phases (without gimmicks like Vaal RF) is enough.

Seriously, if you think that this is acceptable range of difficulty, my wild guess is that any manual dodging and having to endure some of the fight is simply too hard for you, therefore insta-gibbing everything seems like a right level of difficulty.
Maybe I'm overreaching... or overreacting(?!) here... first thing that crossed my mind. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Fruz wrote:

"
plodd wrote:
Haha.

Haha

Maybe you don't know how to build bf (because you know, it's "been out 2 fucking days." ) and it sucks hard.
Let's not speak of how safe is bf compared to flicker either, it's completely irrelevant right ?

Flicker is pretty damn safe, or maybe you don't know how to build for it, as you know its been out like for ages.

Also most builds have difficulty with some mod or other.
It is the most OP "melee" skill of all time, including the old Spectral Throw. I have tried it on 2 unoptimised for the skill characters, and it is absolutely insane.

I think it is on par, and maybe a tiny bit below top tier bow skills, and top tier spells, but i would say that it propably holds up as on of the best 5 skills in the game.

So for melee : Definetely OP

Compared to archers/casters : On par or slightly below their top skills

I do not have a problem for the skill being OP. I have a propblem with the fact that it is OP the wrong way for a MELEE skill :P. My biggest fear is not that it will be nerfed. That WILL happen, VERY soon. My problem is that propably daggers will get the nerf hammer as well, as collateral damage, as they did before with spectral throw.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
It is the most OP "melee" skill of all time, including the old Spectral Throw. I have tried it on 2 unoptimised for the skill characters, and it is absolutely insane.

I think it is on par, and maybe a tiny bit below top tier bow skills, and top tier spells, but i would say that it propably holds up as on of the best 5 skills in the game.

So for melee : Definetely OP

Compared to archers/casters : On par or slightly below their top skills

I do not have a problem for the skill being OP. I have a propblem with the fact that it is OP the wrong way for a MELEE skill :P. My biggest fear is not that it will be nerfed. That WILL happen, VERY soon. My problem is that propably daggers will get the nerf hammer as well, as collateral damage, as they did before with spectral throw.

yes, but using bino and death's hand, 15 chaos of weapons the dps is the same as using a 400ex mirrored bow, you are "ranged" as using a bow, and you have block and evasion which most bow build does not have
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Nov 21, 2016, 5:10:19 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

What the f*** seriously, you KNOW that they said that they are fixing melee targeting to put melee more in line with ranges and that the big overhaul is coming FROM this point, cut the c*** with that "they will never fix melee" BS.

Oh really? So it's coming in December league then? No?

How about 2.3? No? Hm.

Wait I know, it's in the big 3.0 update? Oh not then either? Shit.

Maybe we should just nerf the only 2 good melee skills because melee is getting an overhaul sometime a year from now. I'm sure all the melee players will wait ten months from now to be viable right? I mean they can't just nerf melee gems in the overhaul when it finally does happen right?

SMH.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 21, 2016, 5:28:16 AM
"
Poutsos wrote:

Why does barely being on par with Casters which COST NOTHING make this gem op? I don't understand this concept where you can't level as melee, you build as caster until mid 70s when you can finally afford a weapon, then you spend several ex to finally play melee and be just barely comparable to ranged and caster builds is considered op? WTF is wrong with you people?
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 21, 2016, 5:23:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info