Nothing wrong with Blade Flurry, it's not OP it just doesn't suck like typical melee

"
Fruz wrote:
Thank you for showing me that you linked it to me before lol ! I'm sooo surprised here.
So plenty of BV, some characters with no skill listed, plenty of supports, 7 Ancestral Warchief builds already, at least 15 attack based characters total ( close to a third ), thank you for showing us .... that you were completely wrong.

Even the facts that you bring are not helping you.
But you DO KNOW what you are talking about heh, good one.

By the way, in the GGG anouncment, if the list are sorted by relevance, the 3rd most used skill in 90+ and 60+ EHC is : Earthquake.

I see that you are condescending with word that you misuse a bit everywhere on the forum heh.

Try again.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

I'm going to petition that you be removed from forums someday.

hahahahahahahahahaha

[Removed by Support] I'll link you some quotes from the actual comments of those threads:
"
a nearly complete absence of bow attack and melee users

"
There are only two actual melee characters in the top 50. One is a Dual-Wielding Lacerate Juggernaut using Death's Hand. The other is a 2H EQ Slayer (the only Slayer in the top 50) using Marohi and Voidheart. There's only one bow attack user, a Deadeye (the only Deadeye in the top 50) using Blast Rain and Lightning Arrow. Every other character is a caster or a pseudo-caster (e.g. Explosive Arrow).

"
There is only a single bow attack user. The only two melee skills being used are pseudo-ranged skills

Those are other people's opinions not mine.

Here's the actual breakdown because you're too dense to understand simple reading:
"
Blade Vortex: 7 (6 Pathfinders, 1 Assassin)
Ancestral Warchief: 7 (2 Chieftains, 2 Hierophants, 2 Berserkers, 1 Champion).
Support: 6 (4 Guardians, 1 Necromancer, 1 Champion). 3 Guardians using Ball Lightning + Curse on Hit.
Summon Raging Spirit: 6 (all Necromancers)
Essence Drain: 3 (1 Champion, 1 Occultist, 1 probable Trickster)
Flameblast: 3 (2 Elementalists, 1 Inquisitor)
Lacerate (Dual Wield): 2 (both Juggernauts)
Blast Rain + Lightning Arrow: 1 (the only Deadeye)
Bladefall: 1 (Occultist)
Caustic Arrow: 1 (Occultist)
Earthquake: 1 (the only Slayer)
Explosive Arrow: 1 (Elementalist)
Firestorm: 1 (Juggernaut)
Flame Totem: 1 (Chieftain)
Kinetic Blast Miner: 1 (Saboteur)
Whispering Ice (Pyre Conversion): 1 (Elementalist)
Private: 7

Again not my words. Apparently you're the only person who looks at that list and sees 15 attack builds. Funny how everything is different from reality in Fruz's world.

For those who are mathematically inept [Removed by Support], that is 6 support builds, 7 totem builds, 3 melee, 1 bow, and a bare minimum of 22 (TWENTY TWO) caster builds.

I'll say that in a way even you can understand. For every single melee build, there are at least SEVEN FUCKING CASTERS.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Nov 23, 2016, 12:49:03 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I'll say that in a way even you can understand. For every single melee build, there are at least SEVEN FUCKING CASTERS.

It's way worse honestly, there aren't any actual melee builds in your list but "ranged melees".
"
Raudram wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

It's way worse honestly, there aren't any actual melee builds in your list but "ranged melees".

No argument from me on that point, the poster said so himself.

It's in a place right now where that's pretty much the only way you CAN play melee and be effective - by being ranged melee. That's kind of where I am on why I think blade flurry is OK.

That, and the abysmal melee statistics from every league since beta.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Wow lol, it's really the pot calling the kettle black with you !

Your actual words :
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

"
Fruz wrote:

And to keep stating the obvious, attacks have many advantages over spells, it being related to leech, attack based keystones etc ...
[...]
It is a fact that there was less than 5 attack based builds in top 50 of last hc league, and iirc several of those were totem.

So regardless of what you say about the advantages of weapons or attacks, you're wrong.

So what does melee and bow has to do with anything here ?

Oh right lol, good one, again !

[Removed by Support] I admit that I think that there are others things wrong here, definitely, but this one is the most obvious one with you.

Like, I mean, no need to bring your amazing maths ( lol ) up if you are not being able to understand what we are talking about at all, try to keep up if you want to talk with other people that are actually having a conversation, okay ?

the pot and the kettle ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Shaun_GGG on Nov 22, 2016, 9:30:09 PM
After 2.5 there are no such thing as melee - only one big mess called AOE. Only spell casters with fortify and spell casters without fortify. You already lost ability to identify ranged/attack/spell who fuck knows ability

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Single target as we know it in PoE is most likely going to disappear indeed, with the new targeting system for melees.
But at the moment, it's still there, and it will still be there in 2.5.0 apparently.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 22, 2016, 12:46:31 AM
"
plodd wrote:
I'm not sure what it is you really want to achieve with all this talk of nerfs.

You do realise there is a big difference between balancing and nerfing.

To say "If it's OP it deserves a nerf, that's all there is to it." is far removed from balancing, especially if the focus of the nerf is an individual gem.

So you would be somewhat satisfied if all the other "op" crap in the game remains and only blade flurry is nerfed ? Because and I quote again "If it's OP it deserves a nerf, that's all there is to it."

If there are other skills out there that can perform as well as blade flurry, then it shouldn't be targeted for nerfs unless everything else is.

I don't know maybe im just crazy, but that just seems so obvious and logical to me.

Another possibility is blade flurry upset you in some way and you are emotionally compelled to seek revenge.

Errrr, no. What is this? Why are you reinventing the idea of balancing with some sort of new terms?
You balance the game by either nerfing or buffing certain elements of the game (with mechanics and/or numbers). Nerfing IS part of balancing.

And what? You nerf things that are far outperforming everything else, that is the point of BALANCING - so that everything performs more or less the same. Altho there is an idea of keeping the game in state of perfect imbalance, so that there is meta shifting around, keeping people interested and makes the game look fresh, even tho not much content is added - look at League, which changes a lot in every pre-season patch, making the game interesting again, because you need to catch up.
And while I agree that this strategy works, shaking the meta too much, and adding skills as broken as Blade Flurry has potential to break the game for good.

Melee, as a whole, needs a mechanical rethinking - not melee-ranged skills that outperform bows.
Seriously, people like you calling for everything to be overpowered are the ones who then complain about the game being broken and/or boring.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
everything wrong with Blade Flurry, begins with the "melee" tag.
Reave was already pushing it... now we have an off-screening "melee" ability...

I enjoy playing it no doubt. makes my Claw Trickster feel viable.
but it will be nerfed.

and I hope Heavy Strike / Infernal Blow / Double Strike are buffed instead, and "true" melee will be buffed with defences which actually work, when you are staring a Devourer in the 3rd set of eyes.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
RPGs usually have 3 playstyles, Melee attackers, Ranged Attackers and Casters with different strengths and weaknesses. PoE does alittle bit differently. It is

1)AoE with melee weapons
2)AoE with ranged weapons(bows, wands)
3)AoE with spells

Even from the begining of open beta we had that. Most popular melee skills were cleave, infernal blow(back then, especially on Aegis Builds), Ground Slam etc. Then it became worse with Reave,Spectral throw, Earthquake, Lacerate etc. and now we have Blade Flurry which completely embraces the trend and builds upon it. The quetion is which AoE is the best in each league.

Bows have been consistently very good, and even top tier from time to time(even now but only if you spend ALOT). Concerning AoE with Spells or melee weapons, things have been up and down, with spells most times dominating but not always. During 1.1 the best AoE was low life spectral throw, with low life wanders following. From then it has mostly been bows and casters. Earthquake was also very strong as well.

Thing is there is ONE playstyle (big AoE, High DPS/clearspeed), and only what does it best changes from league to league. Up to 1.1 tanks were also viable, but not anymore. I personally hate the fact that everything is basically the same, and i really dislike when skills like reave, blade flurry or earthquake are tied with the tag "Melee". However that's just how it is and i do not see it changing anytime soon.

Blade Flurry should and will be nerfed, but IMO, and following the trend of everchanging meta, it does deserve to stay as it is for one league.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Fruz wrote:
Wow lol, it's really the pot calling the kettle black with you !

So what does melee and bow has to do with anything here ?

Oh right lol, good one, again !

[Removed by Support] I admit that I think that there are others things wrong here, definitely, but this one is the most obvious one with you.

Like, I mean, no need to bring your amazing maths ( lol ) up if you are not being able to understand what we are talking about at all, try to keep up if you want to talk with other people that are actually having a conversation, okay ?

the pot and the kettle ....

I said less than 5 and there turned out to be 3. [Removed by Support]
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Shaun_GGG on Nov 22, 2016, 9:30:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info