64-Bit Crashing

all same exact bugs, empty adapter box, full screen = back to windows, quit game = black screen and hard reboot

geforce 660m, windows 10
Got a exception says "Failed to create D3D11Device, your hardware is not DirectX 11 compatible."

I check dxdiag it says DirectX 11,then i use dxwebsetup.exe it says no need to update.

What can i do now? OS is Win 7 64 SP1, CPU:i5 4460, GPU:R9 270
Last edited by greenhand on Nov 17, 2016, 11:43:09 PM
"
Yup.

Can start in windowed fullscreen mode, but then my video card doesn't show up in the selection box. Then there is visual artifacting on all the text and a lot of the effects. Might not even be using the video card.

It sucks because the normal executable runs like shit now.

15 second black screen delays when alt-tabbing or when exiting the game. Weird pauses and stuttering.

Last time I exited, it literally went black and never came back. Had to hard reboot my computer.

same here and DX11 version crashes when i try to open it
Deleting my production congfig.ini and running the dx 11 client as admin fixed those crashing issues had the same as you guys no adapter showing and changing settings would crash the game. Adapter showed up once I launched as admin after deleting the config.ini you will have to redo all your inputs/volume etc but shouldn't be too hard to remember what you had.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Nov 18, 2016, 1:10:53 AM
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
Deleting my production congfig.ini and running the dx 11 client as admin fixed those crashing issues had the same as you guys no adapter showing and changing settings would crash the game. Adapter showed up once I launched as admin after deleting the config.ini you will have to redo all your inputs/volume etc but shouldn't be too hard to remember what you had.

before it used to just crash when i double clicked,after deleting the config.ini it goes to windowed mode and no adapter is shown if i apply fullscreen it crashes again
Last edited by gamer60 on Nov 18, 2016, 1:21:39 AM
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:

Doesn't work for me, adapter box is empty, run as admin or not.

Edit: dx9 client works, but I had to disable "--waitforpreload", as it was crashing on loading screen.

Edit2: After switching to Windowed Fullscreen game works, seems quite OK. but still adapter box is empty.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Nov 18, 2016, 2:40:19 AM
"
Yup.

Can start in windowed fullscreen mode, but then my video card doesn't show up in the selection box. Then there is visual artifacting on all the text and a lot of the effects. Might not even be using the video card.

It sucks because the normal executable runs like shit now.

15 second black screen delays when alt-tabbing or when exiting the game. Weird pauses and stuttering.

Last time I exited, it literally went black and never came back. Had to hard reboot my computer.

I have the same problems (including the freezes / crashes). I disabled anti-aliasing, this at least fixed the very-low fps problem and the messed up fonts.
"failed to create d3d11device, your hardware is not Dx11 compatible"

got win7 x64, GTX 680 OC, i7 930, 6gb ram

was trying run it window, window fullscreen, fullscreen... alveys same problem

got also other problem when i run game with normal louncher (not x64) and when its shows up login screen got like 5-10sec freez befeore i can click log in... :(
ign: Sorciak
confirmed fix for issue

Same error as:
"
In Source Code File:...\Device\D3D11\DeviceD3D11.ccp at line 498

Processing File:

ERROR:DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE

Description

OK, I've figured out exactly what you need to do to fix this:

edit your "production_Config.ini" -- under "[DISPLAY]" section (~line 40 in my ini, YMMV)

add:
max_PS_shader_model=ps_4_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_4_0

change (if it doesnt already match):
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
fullscreen=false

shadow_type=hardware_3_samples
OR
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples

additionally, if you use SLI, change:
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
to
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660(#0)

(adjusting based on your adapter)

AFAICT, the update fails to add the max_XX_shader_model options to existing ini files, and additionally, if you have shadows turned OFF, it causes issues as the DX11 version doesn't allow you to disable them. Also, it's pulling SLI adapter identification differently.

The fullscreen issue, on the other hand, is something else. Switching to true fullscreen mode will still cause issues.

Full [DISPLAY] section from my working INI:
Spoiler
[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660(#0)
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
fullscreen=false
max_PS_shader_model=ps_4_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_4_0
maximize_window=false
post_processing=false
resolution_height=1440
resolution_width=2560
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=hardware_3_samples
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=0
vsync=true
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
Last edited by tsftd on Nov 18, 2016, 3:40:48 AM
Are you guys going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile and right clicking the PathOfExile_x64Steam and picking run as Admin? Once I did that it allow the game to see my adapter again and I could change settings to full screen and such.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info