Skill Gem Reveal: Blade Flurry

I'm more and more confused about GGG's intention and expected place for these channeled skills. Scorching Ray with its full damage potential right from the start and added increasing resistance debuff make sense in current Blade Fury with its ramp up is going against it. Aiming also seems awkward based on the description and the video did not provide clear view of how aiming would work when you need to clear mobs coming from various directions.
"
attack, aoe, projectile

maybe

dont think it will have proj tag,

my guess will be:

attack, melee, aoe

Just like lacerate. This way GGG would prevent this to go with LMP/GMP as well as melee splash.

But I do feel that they will also add a line that it can not be used with multistrike. Why you may ask? because they said it will have a build in 50% increase attack speed modifier build it.

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
To me it just looks like a ranged spell. I don't see anything in the animation that looks like the character is doing any kind of melee attack.

Do my eyes deceive me?

Doesn't matter,the distinction is it gets the damage from a melee weapon.
So the channeled melee skill is a glorified short range spell which uses weapons and is therefore harder to scale than spells. And it deals 120% more lol.. OP by numbers, mechanically terrible.

Literally all GGG had to do was create a channelled strike support gem, which allows you to "charge up" more multipliers by channeling power into your attack.

- Makes melee interesting
- Has benefits outside of the attack speed meta
- Allows status modification
- Introduces better risk/reward

I'm a better designer than the entire GGG team who just produces modifications to incinerate/lightning tendrils and then mixes it with a skill from another game.

Lmao

Dead game.
"
Baron01 wrote:
I'm more and more confused about GGG's intention and expected place for these channeled skills. Scorching Ray with its full damage potential right from the start and added increasing resistance debuff make sense in current Blade Fury with its ramp up is going against it. Aiming also seems awkward based on the description and the video did not provide clear view of how aiming would work when you need to clear mobs coming from various directions.

with aiming i think it will be similar to other non name lock skills.
You just hold the button and spam it, while spinning around to target various mobs
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I know its annoying, but that first sentence in the announcement...

"Content Update 2.4.2 is just around the corner and contains three new channeled skills Last week we revealed the mechanics of the Scorching Ray Skill Gem."

should be formatted like so:

"Content Update 2.4.2 is just around the corner and contains three new channeled skills, last week we revealed the mechanics of the Scorching Ray Skill Gem."

Or:

"Content Update 2.4.2 is just around the corner and contains three new channeled skills. Last week we revealed the mechanics of the Scorching Ray Skill Gem, today we're revealing the second channeled skill from this update: Blade Flurry."
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 7, 2016, 4:18:21 AM
It looks weird hm ... will see in practise
I can't wait for the mechanics explanation thread like Scorching Ray had. If it is considered a weapon attack and if the speed modifier mentioned in the description is a More modifier without having to use multistrike I think this may become the CoC attack of choice.
"
Miazga wrote:
"
attack, aoe, projectile

maybe

dont think it will have proj tag,

my guess will be:

attack, melee, aoe

Just like lacerate. This way GGG would prevent this to go with LMP/GMP as well as melee splash.

But I do feel that they will also add a line that it can not be used with multistrike. Why you may ask? because they said it will have a build in 50% increase attack speed modifier build it.

ye just read over it again and slash indicates more melee than proj.
Even better with Ci lel. anoth 90+%more dmg
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
attack that looks like a spell. thumbs down!
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info