Remove the Lab!!!!!!

OMG why was this stupid thing added.

Log-in think well its a weekend I guess I try and get my points. But freak no. I rubber band back into a trap on my first attempt. This is with lockstep on.

Ok. Lets calm down and try again. I have 4 kids. Two of them ask me for help. I find a nice spot to hid clear around it. Double checked!!!. leave for a min to help them. I come back I'm dead.

Why the fuck? Is this thing even here. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to force hard-core mechanic on everyone. I don't freaking like hard-core. Especial over the net. And now I am playing a game that forces it to some degree. I am so done with this game. Go ahead and ban my account again for another year, because I said something negative.

OMG! I can't get over how anyone thought this was a good idea.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Oct 29, 2016, 12:52:26 PM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2017, 10:43:57 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
learn to play?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
OMG why was this stupid thing added.

Log-in think well its a weekend I guess I try and get my points. But freak no. I rubber band back into a trap on my first attempt. This is with lockstep on.

Ok. Lets calm down and try again. I have 4 kids. Two of them ask me for help. I find a nice spot to hid clear around it. Double checked!!!. leave for a min to help them. I come back I'm dead.

Why the fuck? Is this thing even here. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to force hard-core mechanic on everyone. I don't freaking like hard-core. Especial over the net. And now I am playing a game that forces it to some degree. I am so done with this game. Go ahead and ban my account again for another year, because I said something negative.

OMG! I can't get over how anyone thought this was a good idea.

I think that frequently the "apparent rubber banding" encountered in the labyrinth is actually bad routing. What happens is that you click with the mouse to go someplace. Then something happens like spikes popping up which blocks the path and so the character takes a wonky path through the traps. If we were playing with a controller instead of a mouse then this kind of irritating thing wouldn't happen. It is a major contributing factor making labyrinth boring, irritating, tedious, and not fun.

Fortunately, labyrinth doesn't have to be removed. What should instead be removed is the need to go into the labyrinth for people that don't like that kind of game play. That way, people that enjoy labyrinth can continue to enjoy it. And people that don't enjoy it can get their ascendancy points elsewhere.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
learn to play?

Learn to chat? or are you always just looking for ways to be rude?
@TurtleDove They already have ways to play the lab without playing the lab.

If you like traps you can find them in maps and in the world. They get old fast but you can find them.

If you like the challenge of not dying.. Play hardcore.

If you like getting points for doing something level.

Like the only-thing new in this thing is the enchants. Which I could argue you can do by crafting. So oh wait its not new either.

It's like a required stupid mini game that the game itself already does. And needs to go away.

Edit:
You can't fix a bad concept by changing the way it works. If you want to fix it you remove it completely in its current state.

You change it to a race. And make it so the only way you can get passive points is by completing it or unlocking puzzles in it. Then it becomes a fun option.

You don't leave it as is. You remove it. As it is now currently required in every mode. And doesn't bring anything new. It should have been a fun thing on the side. As it is now... it's a required headache that doesn't really add anything to the game.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Oct 29, 2016, 2:28:46 PM
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
learn to play?

His comment may be a result or reaction to the 029420847876th "I HATE THE LAB" thread. We get it, you don't like traps and hate the lab. But they've made it pretty clear that the lab is here to stay. It might get a nerf or balance touch down the road, but it wont go away - and the Ascendancy Points wont be obtainable elsewhere.

You have some choices:

1) Learn the lab better
2) Avoid the lab
3) Get carried through the lab
4) Whine on the forums

I suggest you put your anger/frustration to use elsewhere than the forums. EVERYTHING about the lab have been discussed several times before.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
learn to play?

His comment may be a result or reaction to the 029420847876th "I HATE THE LAB" thread. We get it, you don't like traps and hate the lab. But they've made it pretty clear that the lab is here to stay. It might get a nerf or balance touch down the road, but it wont go away - and the Ascendancy Points wont be obtainable elsewhere.

You have some choices:

1) Learn the lab better
2) Avoid the lab
3) Get carried through the lab
4) Whine on the forums

I suggest you put your anger/frustration to use elsewhere than the forums. EVERYTHING about the lab have been discussed several times before.

I suggest you learn!!! Why people say that as a choice is stupid. You forgot option 5. "Quit playing" As that's what I did. I mean look instead of playing here I am dealing with people. People like you who would rather defend it then anything else.

I suggest you don't tell people who are frustrated they suck. As that is what you imply when you say LEARN. How about you learn to deal with people before you act like you know how to. I already said in my OP that I don't care if they lock me for another year over this. This stupid crappy Lab needs to 100% without a doubt go AWAY!!!

It doesn't do anything good for the game. I mean look the best defense I have heard for it so far is Learn it.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Oct 29, 2016, 2:51:57 PM
Classic, out of all the actual issues this game has, let's complain about something that's actually pretty alright.
"
Raudram wrote:
Classic, out of all the actual issues this game has, let's complain about something that's actually pretty alright.

Classic lets say this issue isn't an issue without saying why. What the hell? It's like saying your wrong and refusing to say why. Your argument is strong. Not.
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:

I suggest you learn!!! Why people say that as a choice is stupid. You forgot option 5. "Quit playing" As that's what I did. I mean look instead of playing here I am dealing with people. People like who would rather defend it then anything else.

I suggest you don't tell people who are frustrated they suck. As that is what you imply when you say LEARN. How about you learn to deal with people before you act like you know how to. I already said in my OP that I don't care if they lock me for another year over this. This stupid crappy Lab needs to 100% without a doubt go AWAY!!!

It doesn't do anything good for the game. I mean look the best defense I have heard for it so far is Learn it.

I did NOT imply that you "suck". I was only saying you might want to learn it BETTER. Every single human being in the world, CAN learn the lab better. I was referring to my own experience, as I hated the lab too - to begin with. Then I learned the mechanics, ran it a couple of times - and now it's just automated.

And I know perfectly well how to "deal with people". I do that for a living. But if you're going to misinterpret everything I say, we can't have a normal discussion, can we?

But yes, choice number 5) You can quit. And you are allowed to. I quit playing a lot of games over the years, when I realized they're not for me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info