[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

Hey guys, if i use Raider, should i link IS with Ice Bite? I have a frenzy charges from my Raider, so Ice Bite isn't good in that case, right?
Is it recommended to go life based, because you don't see any ci ice shot builds or at least I couldn't finde one. I'd like to try it with ci because I got an eye of chayula drop yay, but I'd like to ask some experineced players before I start, thanks.
"
I was also considering going CI...

I would drop all nodes after picking depth perception (power charge and the jewel slot) and pick coordination and those mana nodes with trickery, going north from it taking int>str>int then going CI, Ghost Reaver... Jewel slot near Heartseeker node uses less passive points IMO. Only thing in this new path that seems bad is going CI late(?) game and too much mana, but saves a lot of points.
And i don't see benefits from point blank, never looked into it to see the balance between far shot and point blank as Deadeye.
I believe i made a more hardcore viable version of the tree, sacrificing some trash-clearing DeePS (i think it would more or less even out for bosses because of the extra cold pen.) in the form of a power charge for quite a bit of survivability (AA, Phase acro, 30% inc. life). I would also suggest using barrage for single target and switching out Sibyl's for something with MF for killing bosses because... yeah...

https://goo.gl/PGFFvw (Official PoE website skill tree planner link)

Open to suggestions and criticism, of course, and thank you for the build.
"
davidwcl wrote:
"
Problem solved.

Managed to bring back my DPS back to 17k after buff and charges now.

Thank you very much.

mind sharing what u did to bring back to dps?
im having low dps currently to cap all resist.

May I know what bow and quiver you are using?

Going with this build for my first SSF HC character

I'm thinking about getting phase acro for it (even if it's not reliable besides beign lucky to dodge) any other tips? I'm finishing act 1 today and it's very enjoyable so far

edit: also how about dropping hatred for grace on endgame? does it work? ill consider it but if it keeps me from freezing mobs all the time maybe hatred is a better "defense"
Last edited by fmagesty on May 17, 2017, 12:39:54 AM
I've been playing this build for a while after my recent return to POE and really love it. I have decent gear and no problems clearing trash quickly. My issue comes when I run into a boss in tier 10+ maps with elemental resist. So far I've just been using barrage to do it but that's not really effective it seems. Unfortunately I only have a 5L bow and then a 4L chest so I'm a little limited on support gems until I can get a 6L.

How do you suggest dealing with elemental resist bosses? Any suggestions?

Also, any reason you took the int node above Coldhearted Calculations over the 10% evasion rating/5% ES below it?
Holy shit this build is fun.

At level 80 so far, but has awesome clear speed. Basically 1 shot into a pack clears my entire screen.

I went a bit different from OP's setup. I still have shit accessories and gloves, but I'm doing about 14K dps.

I find Slivertongue bow and rigwalds quills required for this.

Max res. Currently working on adding life nodes (3.5k life so far)
Does Chain work with the Ice Shot Threshold jewels? I mean normaly pierce and chain is not a working combo. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Talking Non-Slivertongue
Last edited by Nvar on Jun 9, 2017, 7:42:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info