[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

i used to use arctic breath with gmp on cwdt setup. its a huge burst aoe cold dmg which leaves a lot of ground ice so it super slows people coming near you and hitting you. its a pretty decent defensive mechanic
"
lyutik22 wrote:
"
4 link
- Cast When Damage taken - level 7
- Arctic Breath - level 10
- Summon Ice Golem - level 9
- Greater Multiple Projectiles - Max level

Can you explain this link plz? Why you use that?

"
xMustard wrote:
i used to use arctic breath with gmp on cwdt setup. its a huge burst aoe cold dmg which leaves a lot of ground ice so it super slows people coming near you and hitting you. its a pretty decent defensive mechanic

xMustard is correct with that explaination, and it also casts your golem for you so you don't have to stop fighting to do such a meager task. I would pull your CWDT gem for a second and cast your golem at least once when you login so you have him when you go to start fighting though.
"
"
xMustard wrote:

xMustard is correct with that explaination, and it also casts your golem for you so you don't have to stop fighting to do such a meager task. I would pull your CWDT gem for a second and cast your golem at least once when you login so you have him when you go to start fighting though.

Ty very much. Got it right now.
Can this build be done using Pierce instead of Chain? I find having Chain along with GMP reduces my damage quite severely.
"
Aetavicus wrote:
Can this build be done using Pierce instead of Chain? I find having Chain along with GMP reduces my damage quite severely.

You could but you would have to either go Raider or unspec the extra chain from Deadeye since projectiles can only do one of chain, pierce, or fork. Playing around with Powerful Precision Deadeye node and swapping back to what I have now I noticed a huge gain in potential damage because of how the build works.

The chain on Ice Shot make each arrow hit a target and bounce to the next, each hit creating a blast to enemies behind the target hit. With the extra chain from Deadeye ascendancy each hit will make that arrow have 3 more following hits so you have the potential to have up to 20 hits at varying angles within the group, each with its own backblast in the corresponding direction. Pierce arrows will hit multiple targets only if they are in line with the arrow. Unless you have the perfect scenario everytime you will have less hits and backblasts resulting in less dps overall.

With this in mind, you also have to consider that the tooltip only tracks the initial hit of Ice Shot and not any following chains, same with pierce, so even assuming it chains only once I can double the tooltip dps.
Useless against boss mobs and needing a second kill for that ... nope.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
useless? no. Weak vs single target yes.

You are going to want to have Blastrain for atziri swap anyway. Deadeye +1 chain is instant death vs her. You basically HAVE to run a second non-chaining skill.
doublepost.
Last edited by Casia on Nov 23, 2016, 8:47:11 AM
"
CommodoX wrote:
Useless against boss mobs and needing a second kill for that ... nope.

I'm going to assume you meant to say "Needing a second 'skill' for that" and I'm sorry you feel all builds should only have one attack skill to handle all enemies. This is definitely not the case and multiple builds swap gems, either active or support, or have second setups to handle normal enemies or bosses.

"
Casia wrote:
useless? no. Weak vs single target yes.

You are going to want to have Blastrain for atziri swap anyway. Deadeye +1 chain is instant death vs her. You basically HAVE to run a second non-chaining skill.

I wouldn't say weak vs single target, that would imply that the build can't do single target. Weaker than the top tier builds sure but it can definitely hold its own. Blast Rain shouldn't be a swap gem, it should be active in one of your 5 links.
Would you change anything to the build now that the 2.5 patch notes have been released? Also with the Raider buffs would you strongly favor it over Deadeye when 2.5 goes live?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info