[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Sadly, the Breach Lords all seem to have been designed in ways that make them anti-AFK. Lots of DoTs and shotgun cheats that completely circumvent our CWDT's. Esh I can facetank with 7k life, but Xoph has super effective DoTs that are hard to out-leech and Tul is just a shotgunning cheater as far as I'm concerned.

If you try the VMS combo you might have better results. I've not attempted that, in part due to the costliness of a Rat Cage in Breach.
why not double your damage and just roll added fire onto spell on your sceptre.
This allows you too not use AoF, and AoF is just a massive loss of dps for this build.
Hey, im currently playing this build in HC and im using the 2 warchief totem method but my damage seems pretty bad for bosses. What gems should i link to the warchief? And what level does Blade vortex get good at
"
Etherflead wrote:
why not double your damage and just roll added fire onto spell on your sceptre.
This allows you too not use AoF, and AoF is just a massive loss of dps for this build.

Essence of Hysteria is a harsh mistress, for one. Requiring any specific mod on the sceptre is prone to up the cost of the build, as your sceptre might not have a slot for it or might roll up a crappy useless version. Requiring that it also gives a certain tier--the spells in your helm need to do a minimum of 1 fire damage to targets after the 70% less from CWDT and monster resistances, even in a hexproof map--could substantially up the cost and RNG factor. Catarina's best fire mod needs at least some +damage% modifiers to always hit this threshold; you need at least +39% total to guarantee it always gives enough no matter what. This is within what the build provides by default, and can produce at least with certain jewel mods in variations, but you have to specifically account for it.

You're also sacrificing the synergy of the fire damage nodes and the Mokou's embrace if you're just using the base elements, and there's basically no great choice for the high-level CWDTs for inflicting non-burn status ailments (those have a much higher minimum damage requirement depending on the target). And reflect becomes a bit more annoying, as now you're going to be doing damage of basically all elements *and* physical in semi-random bursts. The Flammability curse (either as Aura or in a CWDT) also loses a ton of functionality for damage production. The Eye won't help you leech non-fire damage, so you're wholly reliant on Berserker leech to handle the rest, and that's a bit more likely to cause problems in those intervals when cloaked in savagery is not active.

Since we mostly depend on the Fire Burst procs (for which, btw, Added Fire to spells is not as good as +spell damage% unless you're using Taming+Emberwake for a potentially huge +% increase that makes all other increases seem marginal compared to boosting the base damage) to handle things, all of these synergy sacrifices might work out, but it's rather far from a simple matter.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 22, 2016, 10:15:28 PM
It's pretty simple - you can use only one jewel to own them all ( supported by flammability curse) - Matra of Flames.

If you have low chaos resistance - you can use Doedre's Elixir to proc Cloaked in Savagery.

"
lapilesos wrote:
It's pretty simple - you can use only one jewel to own them all ( supported by flammability curse) - Matra of Flames.

If you have low chaos resistance - you can use Doedre's Elixir to proc Cloaked in Savagery.

1 mantra of flames is on the edge of enough dmg to ignite high res fire mobs (if you run 1 aura, its enough if you run 2), but 2 is enough.

I've discussed the damage before in the thread, and basicly it's about the same with or w/o avatar of fire on our blade vortex setup because we have no investment in phys or fire dmg in the tree. You will however make more dmg going non AoF if you use taming+emberwake combo as the increased damage from taming is global.

There has been a lot of talk about me wasting half of my damage. Some talk about the 2 phys spells in my gloves, but as mentioned in the video guide, I have the phys spell setup there only to be able to switch to blood rage + vaal haste when I please. You can easily put fire spells there with 0 conversion loss.

So if you are afraid of losing damage and are not using taming, don't worry :)

Doedre's elixir sounds pretty clever, as it apparently counts as a hit and with -50 chaos res or more, it will porobably trigger a savage hit-->100% leech. This buys us 4 seconds of boss fighting as long as we don't get one shot. Nice one!
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
lapilesos wrote:

1 mantra of flames is on the edge of enough dmg to ignite high res fire mobs (if you run 1 aura, its enough if you run 2), but 2 is enough.

I've discussed the damage before in the thread, and basicly it's about the same with or w/o avatar of fire on our blade vortex setup because we have no investment in phys or fire dmg in the tree. You will however make more dmg going non AoF if you use taming+emberwake combo as the increased damage from taming is global.

There has been a lot of talk about me wasting half of my damage. Some talk about the 2 phys spells in my gloves, but as mentioned in the video guide, I have the phys spell setup there only to be able to switch to blood rage + vaal haste when I please. You can easily put fire spells there with 0 conversion loss.

The whole thing was for not using AoF. I have setup with Shock nova ( will be 20 lvl and so on) It's almost permanent shock without Vinktars. Basically you can put 3 huge spell in cwdt 20 setup that are not fire based and use them for hard fight. ATM I'm using blade fall+shock nova+flame surge. This setup out damages flame burst in breaches. 3 20 lvl spell 4 time per second... is more then at best 2 times per second burst :)

On reflect map you have to take some care. But as we don't have critical multiplier - we can't one shot our self. Sometimes in lag vaal health comes too late and hard hitters can kill me.

Running of unid t14+ maps are only possible fi you have backup char/guild. Since if you get "no leech" map is screwed :)

Sure Taming+Emberwake changes this. But its by all means not "cheap" :)

EDIT: Almost forgot about it - Emberwake + Taming increase self damage too. Btw, how you handle selfdamage from reflect with 20+ self ignite stack?:)
Last edited by lapilesos on Dec 23, 2016, 4:54:30 AM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Essence of Hysteria is a harsh mistress, for one.

Guess I'm the lucky one then... ;)

Interesting aspects being discussed here now. Losing Avatar of Fire and Purity of Flesh (which is good for Doedre's Elixier) and taking the shortcut from Retribution to Quick Recovery will free up six passive skill points in the tree. This will get me to Bloodless (I already have Juggernaut) which offers 3% more incr max Life in total than Purity of Flesh. In the process I'll gain another 20 STR (or 40 HP) and 10 DEX which is sorely needed in order to use STR gloves rather than DEX.

And with my 6-link Spark setup I should easily achieve perma-shock... without Vinktar or VLT.

I'll do some testing without AoF and report back.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 23, 2016, 6:53:34 AM
It will be nice to know any other damage source for activation of CiS.

Potion is pretty unreliable. Even on pathfinder now :)

Vall Breach will be one of them ( works additional to potion )
I'm not sure I'm game for anything that converts Ele Reflect maps from anything other than a cakewalk of death and obliteration. Because I *love* ele reflect maps. I ran a corrupted rare 8-mod Core Map with Ele Reflect (including +boss damage mod) and annihilated everything without deaths. I can run maps with every single build-nerfing modifier there is (other than no leech; screw that one hard)--Hexproof, EE, 90% chance to avoid status ailments, resistances, mob and boss damage buffs out the wazoo...--and obliterate everything as long as it's got ele reflect. I can manage without ele reflect, too, but it's a thing of beauty with. If anything changes that, my interest is pretty minimal.

And the Overflowing Chalice is a pretty awesome way of maintaining your flasks. Quite often you can use your (non-legacy) Vinktar's and time the Chalice right so that your Vinktar's is full again by the time the first use expires. It gives you very nearly a perma shock radius.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 23, 2016, 7:46:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info