Suggestion for improving Trade.

so far i got all the 2 to 3 items i needed for my builds per character.

and i sell a bunch of items per league too.

trade isn't quite encouraging a trading career without massive time investment but that's not the intention of a trade system anyway, isn't it?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I like Op's trade idea.______Id like to add a global currency trading hut(this would be a full AH).That would take care of alternate currency problems.
"
vio wrote:
watch chris on trading at 23:20 min

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Click to buy is not right for poe. Improvements will happen give it time.

Bravo! Well spoken by a member of the wealthy elite set. In 2 days (October 23rd) it'll be the 3rd anniversary of PoE. Open beta started end of January 2013. You actually have the balls gall to state "improvements will happen give it time". Wow! Almost 4 years from my CB start of playing and we're supposed to be happy with this trade chat shit. No way!

What the OP is suggesting is the same thing I and many others have posted about. It's called asynchronous trading and it's not the same thing as a global one stop auction house that GGG and no one else wants (well, most don't want). With asynchronous trading we still need to use trade sites to find the item for sale, then we'll still need to be able to enter the seller's hideout but without needing a direct invite from the seller (who is most likely off-line/AFK anyway). Then, we can open sellers stash and only see the "for sale" tabs of items for sale. Each item will have a B/O price so if you choose to buy you will need to have the exact currency the seller wants to buy the item. Once bought the item is in our inventory and the seller gets a new read-only tab with the currency paid for the item in it. If you don't like the listed B/O price then by all means you can try and hunt the seller down to barter for the item as asynchronous trade is not a replacement for trade chat. It is an additional way to buy without needing the seller to be online. The current trade system stays as it is.

GGG should have coded this into PoE 3 years ago during OB time and released it when PoE was officially released (October 23, 2013). No way that after 3 years we shouldn't have this. No way in hell that GGG can't code this and no way in hell we should "give it time" to be implemented. It is appalling the we've not gotten asynchronous trade long ago. Shame on GGG for ignoring this and all posts on the subject. This is a serious QoP problem and GGG should be ashamed to have an arpg coded around trading and then fail to make trading viable.

I don't quite understand what's so bad about being able to buy items instantly with a click at their listed buyout prices? If asynchronous trading is GGG's way of improving trading, there is no way around that. I understand Chris is afraid of flippers (a.k.a. buying an item at a price and selling it for a higher price). But at least with masters selling your items, you are limited in number of space (a.k.a. a selling listing limit of sorts) so the flippers wouldn't really be much of a problem. Besides, flippers will always exist no matter what. It's how they play the game: to get rich. And if the price is too high, people wouldn't buy it. It's how the market system works.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Up! :) Can i do Up's? ;)
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
so the flippers wouldn't really be much of a problem. Besides, flippers will always exist no matter what. It's how they play the game: to get rich.

when is a market "working"? what's the "utility of a market"?

well, it's functioning well if goods exchange owners for the lowest price both parties agree on.
the less participants in the market chain for that specific good, the better for the market and item prices.

flippers are parasites in the market chain.
yes, they provide a small utility by letting the original owner getting rid of the item in question fast but they make specific items more expensive due to their expected profits.
too many flippers can "destroy a market" by raising item prices to heights the majority can't afford. especially if there are so many of them that they get a monopoly of the goods in question.

in the real world flippers can infest a market mostly due to deregulation, a good example where flippers destroyed the market in a way that it even killed people is the clinton administration which allowed banks speculating on food prices.

yes, even in this specific case of the us commodity market, flippers pretended to have a beneficial role in the market because they made sure producers of goods could sell their products for a fixed price in advance. which is true. but having the monopoly of commodity gods allowed them to make these goods more expensive to legally increase their profit.

---

how does that apply to the poe mini economy? well, as you said, flippers aren't avoidable and some of them can even be beneficial to the market.
but if their numbers increase or the efficiency of flipping is somehow increased, things go down the drain.

many say that asyncronous trading or async trading without player interaction will get the market dysfunctional.

my opinion is that even the current ineffective system is inviting too much parasites because "time investment needed" alone isn't really repelling them.
there should be more opportunity costs for flipping and "time investment needed" could be cut back a little.

having no opportunity costs and an effective offline trading market will result in a dysfunctional poe market.
Last edited by vio on Oct 22, 2016, 3:33:55 PM
We desperately need this.
Since stash tabs started automatically showing people as online on poe.trade, sellers have been leaving their characters afk all day. Buyers are getting fed up with this and now are spamming 2-10 people at a time to find someone not afk. This is horrible for any decent person who just wants to trade with one person and it's getting worse fast.
If you were to somehow allow trade without both people being there or else stop people from appearing online while being afk this madness may stop.
"
YumeMiteru wrote:
Buyers are getting fed up with this and now are spamming 2-10 people at a time to find someone not afk.

i always thought that poe's "player's online" api message included all players. which would make sense.

some people confirmed that it's only applicable to public stash tab owners, which is kind of unexpected and i can't think of any reason ggg would implement it like that.
An AH with known endtime, hidden bids, fixed currency unit and a transaction fee would discourage any flipper and would not introduce any of the negative effect of offline/bot trading described by the propaganda of some players (flippers?).
Roma timezone (Italy)
Last edited by HellGauss on Oct 22, 2016, 5:16:50 PM
Up for post. We need this :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info