Elemental Proliferation - Ignite Mechanic question

Hi,
i got a question about the mechanic of elemental proliferation and ignite.
Does the proliferated ignite count as ignite itself?

So, when you ignite one mob in a group of five, does Razor of the Seventh Sun give you 5% life reg or just 1%?

I would assume the 2nd option but am not sure about it.
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2016, 6:59:38 AM
any ideas?
I am interested in the answer to this as well. :)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
the most reliable way is to test it, which should not be hard. My guess is that it does not work with proliferated ignite. Does this work with The Taming?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 22, 2016, 2:35:46 PM
I want to play it with emberwake. Posted the question in Game mechanic forum too
if it does not work (which I think is likely) then using Emberwake does not make any difference, you would still get the on ignite bonus even if the target is already ignited with stronger one. If it works, then the combination with emberwake makes it really brokenly OP:)

just test it, might be quicker than waiting for official response or post from someone who already tested or knows for sure.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 22, 2016, 3:30:26 PM
but how can i test it in a reliable way?
i am not sure how to find it out if it worked
Easy enough, get a char with no regen, ignite something, check the amount, equip proliferation gem and repeat.

My money is on 'doesn't work'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

My money is on 'doesn't work'.

Mine too, as I have pretty extensive experience using Freeze Proliferation. When an enemy shatters, it stops proliferating, which means that enemies which were frozen-through-proliferation become unfrozen, which shows that they were not themselves-frozen, but simply under the effects of being frozen. You feel me?

Another way of looking at it: Ignite is an effect which has a base duration of 4 seconds. If a proliferating corpse is destroyed, its surrounding enemies stop taking Burning damage, thereby implying that the Burning damage they were taking did not have a duration to begin with. You can't have an Ignite with no Duration, can you???

So, if nobody is bothered to test it, I would go with "No." But obviously it can and should be tested, so we'll see?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Sure, it does.

Each ignite counts as ignite. If you ignite one enemy -> you will gain 1% of max life back same way you useed a flask.

If you ignite it again with a stronger ignite (only the strongest count), you will gain again 1% back.

If you hit more then one, dosnt matter if you use a gem (Elemental Proliferation Support) or a AOE, all these mops counts together, so yes 5% back.

If you can stack the ignite with
, you can ignite them again and again. each ignite counts a s a new % max life back.

See a build in action with that mechanic: Link

sorry for my english
Last edited by SiegfriedXX on Oct 24, 2016, 3:13:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info