Chaos recipe level

Hi,

Since The Awakening expansion and patch 2.0, the map level starts at 68 instead of 66.
But the item level for the chaos recipe still starts at 60 until 75.

So, with the upgrade of map level which starts at 68 (T1), items have level >= 75 "earlier", around T7 (lvl 74 but magic and rare monster will drop ilvl >= 75) and T8.

And those last leagues like essence, prophecy, and all others since this patch if I remember, the regal orb worth less than a chaos orb. Currently at 1 regal orb for 0.6 chaos in Essence Softcore according to poe.trade.

So, do you think it would be a good idea to also upgrade the chaos recipe by 2 levels like the map level upgrade?
In other words, make the chaos recipe working with ilvl from 62 to 77 (T10) instead of 60 to 75?
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 7:58:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No.
It's a trade-off: Get better loot (and regals) or get chaos orbs.
"
Shinjuku wrote:
Hi,

Since The Awakening expansion and patch 2.0, the map level starts at 68 instead of 66.
But the item level for the chaos recipe still starts at 60 until 75.

So, with the upgrade of map level which starts at 68 (T1), items have level >= 75 "earlier", around T7 (lvl 74 but magic and rare monster will drop ilvl >= 75) and T8.

And those last leagues like essence, prophecy, and all others since this patch if I remember, the regal orb worth less than a chaos orb. Currently at 1 regal orb for 0.6 chaos in Essence Softcore according to poe.trade.

So, do you think it would be a good idea to also upgrade the chaos recipe by 2 levels like the map level upgrade?
In other words, make the chaos recipe working with ilvl from 62 to 77 (T10) instead of 60 to 75?

Its a bit of a pain having to go back to low levels, so i just build my high level rare stash, then hit dried lake for a few low level rares when i need to get chaos. Only need one 60-74 item to make it a chaos instead of a regal.

But yeah i think they should increase the level requirement for the chaos recipe.
Or add a new recipe, which is lvl 75+ set and a wisdom scroll, to have it go chaos instead of regal.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
While you only need 1 item chaos recpie level.

It adds another 'grind boring/trival content' which the atlas only 'slightly' helped. (+1 level to RNG drop of crappy maps with 100 unlocked)

Another big 'grind boring/trival content' it adds is getting Regals/yellow T5+ maps for atlas progression.

This league my alc's/regals seemed lower drop, meaning I've been hours on the treadmill of T5 maps trying to get Regal recpie drop/alc's to drop. Grinding sub T5 maps to get chaos repcie to aggh fuck around with shitty trade system to get some...

Not game braking, but hours of fun sucking & compounding the 'trival content' issue I was hoping Atlas would magicly fix.
I find atziri a good place to get my items for chaos recipe 1 run and i have enough low lvl rares to finish at least 16-24 chaos recipes(by which i mean i have the 75+ items and finish the sets whit one low lvl item).

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
cdchi1 wrote:
Its a bit of a pain having to go back to low levels, so i just build my high level rare stash, then hit dried lake for a few low level rares when i need to get chaos. Only need one 60-74 item to make it a chaos instead of a regal.

But yeah i think they should increase the level requirement for the chaos recipe.

That exactly what I do, full fill a stash with all items >=75 then do a quick run in dried lake to find some low level item.

Doing an Atziri run also a good idea :)
Swap level requirement for chaos and regal.
"
SuicideAll wrote:
Swap level requirement for chaos and regal.

As already said before, no that is a terrible idea.

Chaos orbs are kinda the backbone of the economy, its what people want in most circumstances, so by swapping the values you are essentially screwing over the players that play less and struggle to make currency.

The simple solution is already there, pickup 1 rare, any rare that isn't ilevel 75+ and you get chaos instead. But instead you are suggesting that people have no option. Either you are on a smurf (more then likely) or new yourself, so either you don't know better or you do and you are trying to change it for reasons that are simply illogical.

I don't think they will swap it or change it, but I don't want them to get the idea that its acceptable because of feedback from the likes of you.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I've posted this a couple times. Yes, it is a letdown that once you get to high level maps, your recipe reward is worth only 20% of what it was worth before. The regal recipe is, unless I'm mistaken, from before T15 maps were even in the game, so back when maps wend 66-78, you could only get regals from the top 4 tiers. Now, since they added 2 tiers and bumped all maps up by 2 levels, you get regals from the top 8 tiers. Cutting it down to 6 tiers couldn't hurt, could it?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info