[2.4] Envy's Pure Righteous Fire Uber Atziri/T16/HC capable >600k dps w/ 3 Curse Setup

Hi guys,

I know there's a lot of Righteous Fire builds already, however I have been playing mine for over a year and I have cleared most contents solo & deathless with the exception of Shaper, and I've decided to share it out. It's a build I made in Standard League but nonetheless it is perfectly capable of running Hardcore / Temp league.

VIDEOS
Regular Atziri Facerolled

Uber Atziri Deathless

Twinned Palace Dominus Deathless

Guardian of the Phoenix Deathless

Twinned Core Deathless

BUILD DESCRIPTION

This build focuses on maximizing the damage dealt by the Righteous Fire gem, a skill gem that burns you for 90% of your maximum life + 70% of your maximum energy shield per second, while dealing 50% of your total life and energy shield as area burning damage.

It also utilizes on applying 2 curses (up to 3) to your enemies for increased damage output. Considering the build requires only a few stats, it is also capable of semi Magic Find gears.

PROS & CONS

-----------
PROS
-----------
Very tanky due to the build requiring huge amount of life and life regeneration.
Capable of running almost every map mods with some optimization.
Deals a decent amount of area damage and it's fairly cheap to build.

-----------
CONS
-----------
Damage dealt isn't as high as certain casters/attack builds.
Doesn't use leech mechanic so currently one boss is difficult / near impossible to kill: Shaper.
Certain maps with mod combination such as -max resistance & 60% less regen are tough to run.
Levelling can be difficult unless you are willing to respec your character.

FINAL STATS

--------------
DEFENSE
--------------
Maximum Life: 11.8k non-legacy, 13.8k legacy.
Maximum Energy Shield: 104
Total Armour: 8000+
Endurance Charges: 4
Life Regeneration: 1.8k - 2.3k
Fire Resistance: 88% (89% With Lv.23 PoF via Empower/+1 Shield/Lv.21 PoF)

Current Stats with Buffs

Current Stats without Buffs

Non-legacy Stats without Buffs

-------------
DAMAGE
-------------
As there aren't any tooltip DPS for Righteous Fire, we will have to manually calculate it our self. Righteous Fire damage is calculated as below:

DPS calculation
(Life + ES) / 2 = Base Damage

Base Damage * All increased damage multiplier) * more multipliers * less multipliers = Self Damage Output

Self Damage Output * Enemy Resistance * Increased Damage Taken on enemies = Your DPS on monsters.

For example,

With legacy gear, I have 11,856 HP and a 399% increased damage multiplier, and with Elemental Overload, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus on myself, and Elemental Weakness, Elemental Equilibrium, Vulnerability on monsters, it brings my DPS to about 323,000 to monsters with 0% fire resistance.

(13896 + 104) / 2 = 7000

7000 * (1 + 3.99) * 1.4 * 1.59 * 1.49 = 115853.7

115853.7 * (1 + 0.5 + 0.55) * (1 + 0.36) = 323000.2

Elemental Weakness has a 20% increased effect due to Blasphemy providing 10% and the other 10% comes from your passive tree. Vulnerability isn't linked to Blasphemy so it only gets 10% increased effect.

-------------------------------
FURTHER DPS MAXIMIZATION
-------------------------------
The DPS numbers generated above was with 2 curses. With Flammability as the 3rd curse, and by using a Vessel of Vinktar's, the DPS gain is just insane:

With 13501 Life (Using a Windscream) & 104 ES, I have 6.8k base damage.

Thus, 6.8k * (1 + 3.99 + 0.69 (Increased Burning Damage replaces Increased AoE) ) = 38,638.2

38,638.2 * 1.4 * 1.49 * 1.59 = 128,152.9

128,152.9 * (1 + 0.55 (Ele Weakness+20%) + 0.48 (Flammability+10%) + 0.5 (EE) = 324,226.8

324,226.8 * 1.86 (Vulnerability + Shocked from Vinktar's Flask, totalling to 86% Increased Damage Taken on Monsters) = 603,061.9 DPS on monsters with 0% Fire Resistance.

REQUIREMENTS

This build has certain requirements that must be met in order to perform well. They are:

1. You need at least 155 intelligence rating.
2. You need at least 42 dexterity rating.
3. You need a Rise of the Phoenix unique shield.

PASSIVE TREE, ASCENDANCY, BANDITS, GEM SETUP, GEARS, FLASKS & ENCHANTMENTS

PASSIVE TREE

-----------------
ASCENDANCY
-----------------
I use Juggernaut mainly because:

1. You are immune to Freeze, Chilled, and Temporal Chains (temp chains is actually a buff on you).
2. Your movement speed will never be lower than 100%.
3. You have 20% chance of gaining an endurance charge when hit.
4. You also have 25% chance of gaining full endurance charge when it procs.
5. Damage output is almost similar to Chieftain builds.

Ascendancy Tree

--------------
BANDITS
--------------
Normal: Oak.
Cruel: Eramir.
Merciless: Eramir for +1 skill point or Oak for +1 endurance charge. I chose the former.

----------------
GEM & GEAR SETUP
----------------
Dual Curse Setup

1H
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Summon Flame Golem (R R R)

Shield
Culling Strike, Lightning Warp, Enduring Cry (R G B)

Boots
Purity of Fire, Empower, Elemental Weakness, Blasphemy (R R B B)

Helm
Cyclone, Increased Critical Strikes, Fortify, Vulnerability (R G B B)

Gloves

Righteous Fire, Increased Area of Effect, Elemental Focus, Concentrated Effect (B B B B)

OR if you have Wyrmsign unique gloves

Righteous Fire, Increased Area of Effect, Elemental Focus, Increased Burning Damage (R B B B)

Extra Info:
1. CWDT is used in the case because it reduces micromanagement on skill castings. With the amount of HP and life regeneration you have, you can afford to use a Lv.20 CWDT+IC+Flame Golem.
2. Cyclone deals AoE damage and has excellent attack speed, making it the best to proc Fortify. Increased Critical strikes also bumps your crit rate from 5% to over 17%, essential to proc Elemental Overload.

3. I use Lightning Warp as a means of moving around difficult to access terrains, as well as to cull bosses. Culling Strike is one of the best DPS boost you can get. Enduring Cry is used to generate endurance charges, and Vulnerability is our 2nd curse to use as it acts as another damage multiplier.

4. 4L1 actually gives you more damage as you have a 59% MORE damage multiplier on concentrated effect compared to Wyrmsign's 44%, and it is multiplicative unlike Increased Burning Damage which is additive to all other INCREASED damage multipliers. Plus, you will find it easier to cap your resistance with a rare gloves.

5. The reason we use Blasphemy to cast Elemental Weakness is to reduce micromanagement on skill casting. Linking Empower and Purity of Fire with it will also increase the level of Elemental Weakness, however both skills will also use more mana reservation.

Tri Curse Setup

1H
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Summon Flame Golem (R R R)

Shield
Culling Strike, Lightning Warp, Enduring Cry (R G B)

Boots
Cyclone, Fortify, Increased Critical Strikes, Flammability (R G B B)

Helm
Blasphemy, Elemental Weakness, Vulnerability, Enlighten (B B B B)

Essence Worm
Purity of Fire

Gloves

Righteous Fire, Increased Area of Effect, Elemental Focus, Concentrated Effect (B B B B)

OR if you have Wyrmsign unique gloves

Righteous Fire, Increased Area of Effect, Elemental Focus, Increased Burning Damage (R B B B)

Extra Info:
1. CWDT is used in the case because it reduces micromanagement on skill castings. With the amount of HP and life regeneration you have, you can afford to use a Lv.20 CWDT+IC+Flame Golem.
2. Cyclone deals AoE damage and has excellent attack speed, making it the best to proc Fortify. Increased Critical strikes also bumps your crit rate from 5% to over 17%, essential to proc Elemental Overload and Flammability is our 3rd curse.

3. I use Lightning Warp as a means of moving around difficult to access terrains, as well as to cull bosses. Culling Strike is one of the best DPS boost you can get. Enduring Cry is used to generate endurance charges.

4. 4L1 actually gives you more damage as you have a 59% MORE damage multiplier on concentrated effect compared to Wyrmsign's 44%, and it is multiplicative unlike Increased Burning Damage which is additive to all other INCREASED damage multipliers. Plus, you will find it easier to cap your resistance with a rare gloves.

5. The reason we use Blasphemy to cast Elemental Weakness & Vulnerability is to reduce micromanagement on skill casting. I chose Vulnerability instead of Flammability due to the reason there aren't many regular mobs that have high fire resistance thus this 2 curses will easily melt them.

6. Essence Worm is one of the cheaper method of having 2 curses as auras while manually casting the 3rd one. The downside is that you lose considerable amount of stats.

------------
GEARS
------------
Mandatory
Rise of the Phoenix - adds 8% to maximum fire resistance, offsetting the huge damage dealt by RF.

Preferred
Stats that are preferred in a gear are:
1. Maximum life.
2. Resistance.
3. Fire Damage %.
4. Strength.

That being said, the best body armour is without a doubt Kaom's Heart. It adds 500 maximum life and nothing else comes close to it except a legacy variant of Kaom's Heart which adds 1000.

Gear Examples

Jewels should have the following stats:
1. 7% Increased Maximum Life.
2. Increased Damage (Damage Over Time, Fire Damage, Area Damage, Damage).
3. Strength or Hybrid Stats (To meet the requirement of 155 intelligence OR 42 dexterity).

-------------
FLASKS
-------------
Recommended
1. Witchfire Brew, Stibnite Flask.
Increased Damage Over Time and provides Lv.21 Vulnerability aura during flask effect. A huge DPS boost for Righteous Fire.

2. Basalt Flask with Reduced Charges and Immunity to Bleeding / Shock / Curses.
Provides 20% additional physical damage reduction.

3. Ruby Flask with Increased Duration and Immunity to Bleeding / Shock / Curses.
This flasks basically gives you additional 6% maximum fire resistance during flask effect, a huge life regeneration for us Righteous Fire users.

4. Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Dousing.
Sometimes there are mods that can prove difficult to run such as -max resistance or 60% less life regeneration. This flask removes Righteous Fire on use so you may regenerate life when you don't need to use Righteous Fire. I use Bubbling because that's basically over 720 life instantly recovered, and another 720 life regenerated over 3 seconds. It's alot better than a Seething flask.

5. Dying Sun, Ruby Flask.
Increases your RF AoE by 30%, which is nice when clearing maps.

6. Rumi's Concoction, Granite Flask.
Provides +3000 Armour and Block / Spell Block during flask effect. It's a defensive flask.

My flask setup is that I have a flask for bleed, shock, curses and burning immunity and 1 extra slot for any utility flask such as Witchfire Brew or Dying Sun.

Flask Examples

-------------------
ENCHANTMENTS
-------------------
Preferred
Gloves: Attack with Commandment of Light when you take a Critical Strike
Boots: Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
Helm: 40% Increased Righteous Fire Damage / 12% Increased Righteous Fire Radius

ADDITIONAL INFO
1. If possible, your hideout fire resistance should be over 182% so you can run maps that have Elemental Weakness.
2. Each 1% maximum fire resistance is equivalent to 0.9% life regeneration, thus Marble Amulet is BiS for this build.
3. Fire Damage to spells / attacks WILL REDUCE your RF DPS due to how Elemental Equilibrium works. Get Cold or Lightning Damage to Attacks to Proc EE.

If there's any question, do ask.
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut
Last edited by Envy1o8 on Nov 11, 2016, 11:01:36 AM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 12:20:05 AM
Reserved
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

Hi, very nice build, but what about leveling?
"
Vampair wrote:
Hi, very nice build, but what about leveling?

Hi there,

for levelling I used FB infernal blow while keeping to the passive tree of RF. it's slow but I didn't wanna waste orbs cause at that time orbs were going 20:1ex.

you can only start consistently using RF when you're at lv65 anyway because that's the required level to equip Rise of the Phoenix.

Hi, enchant in boots Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently is mandatory? Can i use Death's door or boots with strenght and life is better?
"
Vampair wrote:
Hi, enchant in boots Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently is mandatory? Can i use Death's door or boots with strenght and life is better?

It's the enchant that gives the most benefit for this build, there are other enchants you can use however it is not as beneficial as consistent 2% life regen when hit.

Death's Door can be used as well but you're losing life and basically some DPS, in favour of being immune to bleed effects and +1 endurance charge.

Hi, rf lvl 88 using the regular chieftain build. So first of all, here is my current gear:

1º What do u think about the blood dance boots? and the windscream? or its better a good rares?
2º Southbound? again im not sure if the hp and cold res and is the best, or better with some rare instead
3º Essense of worm, im trying to get the 23 purity of fire, but u instead use empower, also another option is Howling howl helmet. And enlightment?. Wich one do u think its best?
4º Im trying to get a decent crafted essence horror helm but so far crap luck, do u think its worth?

About the gems
A) Why not increase duration on inmortal call?
B) Im using a self cast molten shell with life leech and inc duration. Supposed to add armour and some life regen and dmg on bosses, but they just melt it so fast that i end spamming it and seems a bit useless.
C)Using shield charge instead of Cyclone, because it really seems so slow to move with it, and when u do, u are a bit weak. Shield charge is really fast compared, and i never move without it anywere. The biggest problem is some lag and misplaced situation that i suffer when i use it too much.
D) Its better conc effect instead of inc burning on the RF?
F) Blade vortex on cwdt, seems an easy way to apply Elemental overload. But it uses 2 links just for that. Is inc critical with cyclone or shield charge enough for EO?
G)I have seen vortex on some RF builds, using some items like pyre ring to convert the dmg on fire, and then using a 4L with conc aoe effect+elemental focus+controlled destruction. All this is just for hard bosses not RF friendly. so u can cast far away turning off the rf. Also for speed up any boss. What do u think?
H)About curses, its better 2 curses? or 3? elemental weakness, vulnerability, and enfeble? flammability? The blasfemy instead of curse on hit its interesting.
I)The enduring cry is good for bosses but so few gem slots, same for the culling strike with Lighting warp, but i will give it a try.

About the passive tree

I see u dont pick any extra endurance node. Also why not Unwavering Stance?. And u could get the Elementalist node and then reach the Devotion one, cost 1 more skill point, loose 20 str, gain 18% elemental dmg+12% all res.

Thanks for reading and i hope i can make my mind with all the possibilities.

PD After getting juggernaut ascendancy i understand why u dont pick endurance nodes, the endurance generation is way worse than chieftain. Also why the need for enduring cry
Last edited by sirdaxman on Oct 25, 2016, 5:32:59 PM
Spoiler
"
sirdaxman wrote:
Hi, rf lvl 88 using the regular chieftain build. So first of all, here is my current gear:

1º What do u think about the blood dance boots? and the windscream? or its better a good rares?
2º Southbound? again im not sure if the hp and cold res and is the best, or better with some rare instead
3º Essense of worm, im trying to get the 23 purity of fire, but u instead use empower, also another option is Howling howl helmet. And enlightment?. Wich one do u think its best?
4º Im trying to get a decent crafted essence horror helm but so far crap luck, do u think its worth?

About the gems
A) Why not increase duration on inmortal call?
B) Im using a self cast molten shell with life leech and inc duration. Supposed to add armour and some life regen and dmg on bosses, but they just melt it so fast that i end spamming it and seems a bit useless.
C)Using shield charge instead of Cyclone, because it really seems so slow to move with it, and when u do, u are a bit weak. Shield charge is really fast compared, and i never move without it anywere. The biggest problem is some lag and misplaced situation that i suffer when i use it too much.
D) Its better conc effect instead of inc burning on the RF?
F) Blade vortex on cwdt, seems an easy way to apply Elemental overload. But it uses 2 links just for that. Is inc critical with cyclone or shield charge enough for EO?
G)I have seen vortex on some RF builds, using some items like pyre ring to convert the dmg on fire, and then using a 4L with conc aoe effect+elemental focus+controlled destruction. All this is just for hard bosses not RF friendly. so u can cast far away turning off the rf. Also for speed up any boss. What do u think?
H)About curses, its better 2 curses? or 3? elemental weakness, vulnerability, and enfeble? flammability? The blasfemy instead of curse on hit its interesting.
I)The enduring cry is good for bosses but so few gem slots, same for the culling strike with Lighting warp, but i will give it a try.

About the passive tree

I see u dont pick any extra endurance node. Also why not Unwavering Stance?. And u could get the Elementalist node and then reach the Devotion one, cost 1 more skill point, loose 20 str, gain 18% elemental dmg+12% all res.

Thanks for reading and i hope i can make my mind with all the possibilities.

PD After getting juggernaut ascendancy i understand why u dont pick endurance nodes, the endurance generation is way worse than chieftain. Also why the need for enduring cry

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.

To answer some of your questions:

1. Blood dance has a higher dex requirement which makes it not really that good of an option. If you noticed, my skill tree only has 1 node allocated for dex, and I got the remaining required dex off my amulet. Windscream is a better option but 10% MS is the drawback.

2. A good rolled southbound will provide more life than a rare, but a good rare with T1 life and STR will provide equal if not better life, plus you will have additional resistance. It also has a mechanic that doesn't allow you to cull enemies, so that's also a DPS lost there.

3. Essence of Worm not only makes you lose tons of life, it also makes you harder to overcap your resistance, which is something you want against high tier maps with elemental weakness. I wouldn't recommend it.

4. Essence of Horror is really a good mod, go for it if you can get one. that's free multiplier over there.

As for gems,

1. I don't use increased duration because it only adds 0.3 seconds to your immortal call, since it is an "increased" multiplier. Also I want a fire golem to get the 20% increased damage.

2. Molten shell is kinda pointless, since armour itself isn't that good of a buff and if you detonate to a mob and they don't die, you are actually reducing your RF dps due to elemental equilibrium (molten shell deals fire damage)

3. I personally prefer cyclone as there is lesser delay after you use the skill and it's not too "fast paced", but that's a personal preference. what matters is you get to hit enemies so you get to proc EE.

4. Ideally you want both conc effect and inc burning damage, but since there isn't any 5L option, I chose conc effect instead. I've run the calculation for it and even with wyrmsign's lv5 conc effect + inc burning damage, you still get more damage out of a lv20 conc effect itself.

5. I have a decent uptime on ele overload with just having inc crit strikes linked to my cyclone. it'll be harder for shield charge because it's only 1 hit each cast, where as cyclone has one of the highest base attack speed for any melee, and it's AoE too. its attack speed is also affected by your MS%.

6. i made this build because i want an easy-come-easy-go build, like i can play with just mouse clicks and some spells linked to the macro button of my mouse. having to cast vortex defeats that purpose and adding other uniques will diminish my survivability and dps so i dont want that.

7. 3 curses would be great if you can have one, in fact that's the best possible setup for increasing RF dps. Vulnerability, Flammability, Ele Weakness are the choices. use only enfeeble if you can't take big hits (you should be able to with this build, with exception on certain hits like core malachai's slam)

for my skill tree, these endurance charges don't matter that much to me as I already have overcapped resistance, and i am using a basalt flask which reduces 20% physical damage. I've also ditched Unwavering Stance as I have 80% chance to avoid being stunned enchantment on my boots. Practically, Unwavering Stance will only prove useful against hard hitting bosses, even then, these kind of hits can be avoided (and should be).

Lastly, I picked enduring cry for taunting (useful in certain fights or carrying someone) and generating endurance charges purposes.

Bought empower lvl 3, vaaled and......... just got 23% quality, no luck there and im broke so i cant even try another attempt. lvl 3 will have to do for now.
And with empower they are 60% reserved each. so how do u run both?
And about the 3 curses, 1 with blasphemy and 2 manually casted? and what to ditch then? enduring cry? the lighting warp culling combo?

About the golem, flame instead of stone, i guess i can do that when i get enough hp regen
Last edited by sirdaxman on Oct 26, 2016, 8:50:26 AM
"
sirdaxman wrote:
Bought empower lvl 3, vaaled and......... just got 23% quality, no luck there and im broke so i cant even try another attempt. lvl 3 will have to do for now.
And with empower they are 60% reserved each. so how do u run both?
And about the 3 curses, 1 with blasphemy and 2 manually casted? and what to ditch then? enduring cry? the lighting warp culling combo?

About the golem, flame instead of stone, i guess i can do that when i get enough hp regen

it'll be 43% each with empower on, not 60%, so you can definitely reserve mana for both.

on 3 curses setup, i'd go with ditching enduring cry if i have to, but the best setup would be having a corrupted gloves with the "curse vulnerability on hit" mod. that way you don't lose anything besides a glove enchant.

well with my setup, i have 16.7% life regen, and 89% fire resistance, so having an additional 130 life regen isn't gonna be felt much, since you're only taking 9.95% damage/sec from RF, 9.16% damage/sec when on full endurance charge (thanks to juggernaut's ascendancy).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info