Barrage w/ Volley Fire or Split Arrow + XXXX??

"
1453R wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Run three Volley Fire jewels. Enjoy adding Split Arrow to your Barrage attacks for the price of zero gem slots.

That's why people run Volley Barrage. It takes a powerful single-target skill in Barrage and embiggens it out to act like an AoE skill without impacting its single-target capabilities.

Sorry but pathfinder is already as glasscannon as can be, taking away another three 7% life jewels is a horrible idea!

Pathfinder is far and away the most defensively capable of the various Ranger Ascendancies, man. You can get more than double the effect of your emergency life flasks, huge buffs to defensive options like Rumi's Concoction, a Basalt flask, or Taste of Hate. You can also get Staunching or elemental dispel on every flask use - or both, if you forego poison-during-flask-effect.

Pathfinder Barrage is as viable as Pathfinder everything-else, because Pathfinder is arguably the most powerful Ascendancy class in the game if you have the bux to spend on some really busted-ass flasks to break wide open with it.

On the contrary, flasks are relatively cheap and can be self-crafted quite easily. It's the only build that literally is the best at power leveling and getting early currency for a fresh start. 200% life and Acrobatics is quite survivable. Just grab some spell crit and get spells that hit often while using some CWDT and you won't ever be flask thirsty.

The main advantage is that you can swap a flask when an unexpected enemy pops out, while all other builds would likely have to swap out gems and/or gear in some of those. It takes less inventory space and is cheaper.
"
1453R wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Run three Volley Fire jewels. Enjoy adding Split Arrow to your Barrage attacks for the price of zero gem slots.

That's why people run Volley Barrage. It takes a powerful single-target skill in Barrage and embiggens it out to act like an AoE skill without impacting its single-target capabilities.

Sorry but pathfinder is already as glasscannon as can be, taking away another three 7% life jewels is a horrible idea!

Pathfinder is far and away the most defensively capable of the various Ranger Ascendancies, man.

Hrhr, of course it is. But I guess it wasn't that hard to see that I mixed things up. Sorry for that mistake! Of course I was talking about deadeye otherwise the posted equip wouldn't have made any sense at all.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
for aoe clearing there is no better bow skill in this game currently.

It is better than LA? Interesting viewpoint! :)

I have a cookiecutter legacy reach char that clears with LA aswell and believe it or not SA is faster.
Spoiler
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 21, 2016, 9:11:29 AM
I believe that Dudebug doesn't really believe you, Lol6. Frankly I'm not sure I do, either. Especially as, if your posted gear set-up is to be believed, your Lightning Arrow is 100% unsupported.

Yes, a 6L Split Arrow will clear faster than unsupported Lightning Arrow. 6L Elemental Hit will clear faster than unsupported Lightning Arrow no matter what the rest of the build is. Nor does your 6L make much sense for swapping LA in over Barrage - you've got a good 6L set for Poison Barrage but a really awful one for non-Voltaxic Lightning Arrow.

Seriously, man...your gear is weird. Superheavy chaos/Poison support for Barrage...on a 'Lightning Arrow' character? Queen of the Forest with no real hefty sources of Evasion? It kinda looks like you're picking pieces of gear off of two or three characters and stitching them together into some sort of Buildenstein's Monster hoping that the best pieces of all those builds would combine into an even better build.

That's...not how it works...
"
1453R wrote:
I believe that Dudebug doesn't really believe you, Lol6. Frankly I'm not sure I do, either. Especially as, if your posted gear set-up is to be believed, your Lightning Arrow is 100% unsupported.

I really hope you are kidding me. The LA gem that you call unsupported goes in the 6L for clearing trash and bosses up to t12. Above t12 I switch LA for barrage when doing boss fights. So either LA or barrage is not supported when I do not use it. The gear that you call
"
Seriously, man...your gear is weird. Superheavy chaos/Poison support for Barrage...on a 'Lightning Arrow' character? Queen of the Forest with no real hefty sources of Evasion?

is a bis equipped "king of the forest" build. ^^

Read and learn:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1696139

Edit: If you think the gear is a little different then this is because I use a modified tree (jump to page 47 and see the first two postings).
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Oct 21, 2016, 3:47:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info