Build of the Week S06E06: The_x_ile's Cast on Ignite Build

Seems good in theory, but that low fire res is going to get you one shot by so, so many things.
Cell Map Boss say hello to your fire res. And i just looked at passive tree and saw he didnt get Elemental Overload, what i think is a big loss not taking it to this build.

*But trully someone must give this guy that The Tamming ring. Help a good theorycrafter

Also i just stolled some good ideas here for a more tanky ES version. Not going to say anything about mechanics till i get my own tamming and do testings.

And i still think that we loose so many builds like this to things like cannot be ignited, cannot be freeze, and so on. They go to "just for fun category".

Last edited by HoockBr on Oct 19, 2016, 8:31:25 PM
I don't understand. I thought Cast when Damage Taken Support, like Cast when Stunned, had a global 250ms cooldown. Was this removed? Was it removed on both? If so, I got a neat build idea, if not, I guess Cast when Stunned is just the worse of the two.
Yay! The build I recommended you guys to feature a few weeks ago finally made it! :D

Now THIS is why PoE is better than all those other ARPG's. In other ARPG's, you can make good builds that play as you'd expect, but only in PoE can you make stuff like this! :DDD

Great work on the vid, Bex and congos to the build creator. He has a history of making really 'interesting' builds, so I'd recommend you guys check out his other creations too. Keep em' coming, both of you. :)

P.S.: Also, we finally have a non-ranged, non-chaos/poison/DoT based BOTW this season now.
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 19, 2016, 9:15:23 PM
"
penguinmaster wrote:
I don't understand. I thought Cast when Damage Taken Support, like Cast when Stunned, had a global 250ms cooldown. Was this removed? Was it removed on both? If so, I got a neat build idea, if not, I guess Cast when Stunned is just the worse of the two.

CwDT doesn't have a "global" cooldown, but a skill-specific one. Same applies to Cast on Crit, btw. So you can't cast the same spell multiple times within that period, but you CAN cast multiple different spells. CoC builds mind this because they typically tried to cast only 1-2 spells gazillions of times (this has changed somewhat with the recent changes to CoC), but CwDT builds don't as they tend to focus on having as many spells activating as possible.

CwS uses a global cooldown, though. It works on the basis of a chance to cast, however, so this usually isn't noticeable. With CwS you typically want only 1-2 heavily supported i.e. high damage-dealing spells attached (assuming you're using it to actually kill stuff).
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 19, 2016, 9:13:35 PM
"
penguinmaster wrote:

They both do indeed have a 250ms CD but like COC this CD is per spell triggered so thus why it spams spells like it does because theres so many spells going off once i cycles through all the spells the first one cast is pretty much done with its 250ms CD and ready to go again. Have not used COS personally but i would assume it works the same of CODT. Theres a guy running COS on his PVP build thats CI and it spams the piss out of a shit ton of spells much the same.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Oct 19, 2016, 9:24:29 PM
"
HoockBr wrote:
Cell Map Boss say hello to your fire res. And i just looked at passive tree and saw he didnt get Elemental Overload, what i think is a big loss not taking it to this build.

*But trully someone must give this guy that The Tamming ring. Help a good theorycrafter

Also i just stolled some good ideas here for a more tanky ES version. Not going to say anything about mechanics till i get my own tamming and do testings.

And i still think that we loose so many builds like this to things like cannot be ignited, cannot be freeze, and so on. They go to "just for fun category".

The build uses Resolute Technique. Good luck clubbing that with Elemental Overload...
Last night I thought 15 chaos was too much for Eye of Innocence, so I opted to wait til during the day today.

Boy was I wrong.

JUST finished grinding to 68, and then this :c
Looks good. Hope it's end game viable!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Really nice concept :D
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info