[2.6.0][03.03.2017] DH's General Mapping/Endgame Loot Filter ; Breach League

Temp. Message - The Filter will be updated for 3.0 a few hours after 3.0 and Harbinger league start.

Hello, i've been using my own loot filter ever since they came out, however i've decided to finally share mine, so anyone from the PoE community can use it.

If you want to know more about the filter/have questions, you can also contact me ingame, my current EssenceHC name is SanikGTG.

This thread will be bumped from time to time, this post edited whenever i update and release new versions of the filter, relevant to the current PoE leagues.

I would appreciate any constructive feedback ( what do you like/dislike about the loot filter and why, etc. )

F.A.Q.
1. What is this loot filter used for ?
This loot filter is used and works properly only for endgame content ( Merciless act 2+ , or in general at least zone level 61 or higher ). If you use it during leveling, it will hide a lot of useful leveling drops.

It is a general mapping loot filter, there is nothing specifically guided towards chaos recipe farmers or magic finders or etc...
2. How do i install and use a loot filter ?
1.First you must download a loot filter or create your own. Since this thread is about my loot filter, you should first download it from the pastebin link in the Download section further below. Then you must change the name of the file to end with .filter ( for example fileGGG.filter ) . Make sure the file extension is filter before you proceed to the next step.

2. Then you just put the filter file in your Path of Exile documents folder. Usually the path to it ( for Windows at least ) is something like C:\Users\(your PC user name)\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile . You place it in the same space where the production config file is.

3. After that you log in-game , go to your UI options, and at the bottom there should be the list of item filters bar. Just pick the filter you just put into your path of exile folder and load it.

4. Profit.

3. Can i Modify/Change this loot filter to suit my specific needs ?
Yes, you can modify it in any way you want, as much as you want. The source code is not designed to be comfortable or new user-friendly though, so it might be annoying to do so.
4. How is this filter designed ?
Most of the filter's design has only two states - Good and Bad. Some parts have three - Good - Normal - Bad.

There are no tiers ( for example each of the t1 uniques, t2 uniques, t3,t4,t5 etc. looking differently, it's only Good - Bad or Good - Normal - Bad. Only 2 or 3 states.

It is a color and transparency heavy loot filter, and it uses a fair bit of screen estate ( check the final picture in the images section to see )

It's not designed for colorblind people, hence if you're color blind, you should either modify this loot filter to suit your needs or choose/create another one.

Next filter additions
Waiting for 3.0.0 item filter post from GGG before adding/changing more stuff.

Image Showcase
Maps
Rare + Unique Items
Flasks + Chrome Items
Currency + Essences
Gems + Quality gems
Divination Cards
Blue and White Items
ItemLevel >=84 vs ItemLevel <84 Crafting item bases
LOTS OF THEM LOOTS ON SCREEN SON

Changelog

03/03/2017
- Fixed small bug which caused leaguestones to not show when dropping ( this fix was applied 5 min. after the 2.6.0 update ) Please download the filter again.

03/03/2017
- Placed the Divine Orb currency in the high loot tier table ( was in the middle one before ).
- Added the Talisman basetype to the highlighted rare items loot table ( in preparation for 2.6 ).
- Added all new 2.6.0 item classes/basetypes to the filter.
- Added the Labyrinth Item class to the filter ( previously these showed as they would normally without a filter ).
- Albino Rhoa feathers and Stacked Deck now belong to the middle currency loot tier table.
- Added some items such as Alchemy Shards and Scroll Fragments to the lower and middle tier of currency loot tables, which were previously showing as they would whithout a filter when dropped on the ground.

17/02/2017
- Fixed a small bug related the the 3+ link RGB item drops.
- Added new Divination cards to the higher tier.
- Added and removed some unique items to correctly represent the current economy/item value/high drop tier.
- Changed the opacity of some item drops to make them more easily spottable/readable when they drop in brighter zones.
- Changed the color of the lower tier currency items from dark blue to a lighter blue color to make them more easily readable.
- Added Chayula splinters and Tiers 4 and 5 of all essences to the higher currency tier loot table.

03/12/2016
- Added the 2.5 item bases to the filter.
- Removed some unnecessary wording.

18/11/2016 :
- Changed the Armory base to the new Armoury.
- Removed some unnecessary code so the filter is 1kb smaller.

22/10/2016 :
- Added ItemLevel 84 recogniton for various white, magic and rare crafting item bases. For the full list of currently supported item bases, check post 3, page 1 of this thread.
- Removed some unnecessary lines/parts from the old LF verison's code, thus reducing the final size of the filter by 3kb.
- Reduced the font size of some of the rare items by a few units.
Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on Aug 4, 2017, 9:21:58 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 8:40:40 AM
ADDENDUM 10/21/2016: SECURITY ISSUE RESOLVED - DOWNLOAD SAFE through pastebin / images through imgur now!

---------------------------- old message --------------------------------

Hello,

I've read your messages about your filter, and I think it's great that you've created one for the community. However, a few strong issues exist regarding where you're providing download from, and the image hosting (thus why I recommend imgur.com and github or pastebin). I've provided images of the issue below, and I'll talk about it here.

WARNING TO ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS DOWNLOADING from mediafire.com or clicking the links to view images hosted at postimg.org:

While I don't think DoctorHiruruluk intended to provide links to sites that can generate infections for your computers, I strongly suggest you avoid downloading the filter from this hosting site, or clicking the images hosted at postimg.org. I do hope that DoctorHiruruluk will upload his filter to safe website, and post the images he wishes to show on a safe website as well. I believe he's uninformed, and doesn't intend any harm, but I must step up to warn those who might download this or view the images.

I've posted here in spoiler the filter code given by DoctorHiruruluk. I run a script blocking program that disallows any website to run script that I've not explicitly given permission.

1. mediafire seems to offer the file safely at first:

Spoiler

2. after clicking download, mediafire opens a variety of unsafe websites, some of which won't let you close the browser without using the task manager in windows to stop the chrome process:

Spoiler

3. the false chrome update offers a box to close the page, which isn't JUST closing the page. This is DANGEROUS to click close here:

Spoiler

4. research on the website that states "you need to update chrome":

Spoiler

5. one instance of research regarding the potential for malware from site mentioned in number 4:

Spoiler

(you can find more by searching yourself)

6. after similarly searching for trouble with postimg.org, I found this:

Spoiler

Some might want to shame me for posting this message directly on this filter thread. In other circumstances where the community wasn't in danger of potential malware infection / phishing sites, I would do so. Since this is live, and visible to the community, I feel I must make this post. I'm happy to change it after the issues are resolved.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Oct 21, 2016, 9:02:11 PM
Currently supported item bases ILevel >=84 (added 10.22.2016 ) :
Spoiler

- Runic Hatchet
- Fleshripper
- Vaal Axe
- Harbinger Bow
- Maraketh Bow
- Gemini Claw
- Sai
- Demon Dagger
- Behemoth Mace
- Void Sceptre
- Coronal Maul
- Eclipse Staff
- Corsair Sword
- Harpy Rapier
- Exquisite Blade
- Imbued Wand
- Profane Wand
- Astral Plate
- Zodiac Leather
- Vaal Regalia
- General's Brigandine
- Saintly Chainmail
- Sadist Garb
- Titan Greaves
- Slink Boots
- Sorcerer Boots
- Two-Toned Boots
- Spiked Gloves
- Titan Gauntlets
- Gripped Gloves
- Slink Gloves
- Fingerless Silk Gloves
- Sorcerer Gloves
- Dragonscale Gauntlets
- Crusader Gloves
- Murder Mitts
- Royal Burgonet
- Lion Pelt
- Hubris Circlet
- Fluted Bascinet
- Bone Helmet
- Praetor Crown
- Deicide Mask
- Colossal Tower Shield
- Lacquered Buckler
- Titanium Spirit Shield
- Cardinal Round Shield
- Archon Kite Shield
- Supreme Spiked Shield
- Blue Pearl Amulet
- Marble Amulet
- Onyx Amulet
- Citrine Amulet
- Turquoise Amulet
- Gold Amulet
- Amber Amulet
- Jade Amulet
- Lapis Amulet
- Crystal Belt
- Vanguard Belt
- Heavy Belt
- Leather Belt
- Rustic Sash
- Spike-Point Arrow Quiver
- Opal Ring
- Steel Ring
- Amethyst Ring
- Diamond Ring
- Gold Ring
- Moonstone Ring
- Two-Stone Ring
- Ruby Ring
- Topaz Ring
- Sapphire Ring
- Coral Ring
- Paua Ring

Edit - Clarification. These are just the highlighted bases with ILevel >=84. The filter shows a lot more items at high tier maps.
Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on Oct 22, 2016, 8:42:35 PM
"
Currently supported item bases ILevel >=84 (added 10.22.2016 ) :
Spoiler

- Runic Hatchet
- Fleshripper
- Vaal Axe
- Harbinger Bow
- Maraketh Bow
- Gemini Claw
- Sai
- Demon Dagger
- Behemoth Mace
- Void Sceptre
- Coronal Maul
- Eclipse Staff
- Corsair Sword
- Harpy Rapier
- Exquisite Blade
- Imbued Wand
- Profane Wand
- Astral Plate
- Zodiac Leather
- Vaal Regalia
- General's Brigandine
- Saintly Chainmail
- Sadist Garb
- Titan Greaves
- Slink Boots
- Sorcerer Boots
- Two-Toned Boots
- Spiked Gloves
- Titan Gauntlets
- Gripped Gloves
- Slink Gloves
- Fingerless Silk Gloves
- Sorcerer Gloves
- Dragonscale Gauntlets
- Crusader Gloves
- Murder Mitts
- Royal Burgonet
- Lion Pelt
- Hubris Circlet
- Fluted Bascinet
- Bone Helmet
- Praetor Crown
- Deicide Mask
- Colossal Tower Shield
- Lacquered Buckler
- Titanium Spirit Shield
- Cardinal Round Shield
- Archon Kite Shield
- Supreme Spiked Shield
- Blue Pearl Amulet
- Marble Amulet
- Onyx Amulet
- Citrine Amulet
- Turquoise Amulet
- Gold Amulet
- Amber Amulet
- Jade Amulet
- Lapis Amulet
- Crystal Belt
- Vanguard Belt
- Heavy Belt
- Leather Belt
- Rustic Sash
- Spike-Point Arrow Quiver
- Opal Ring
- Steel Ring
- Amethyst Ring
- Diamond Ring
- Gold Ring
- Moonstone Ring
- Two-Stone Ring
- Ruby Ring
- Topaz Ring
- Sapphire Ring
- Coral Ring
- Paua Ring

If I might say, you can cover these with something like:

Show
Class Ring Amulet Belt Quiver
ItemLevel >= 83
SetFontSize 45
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 255 180 220
SetBackgroundColor 255 180 220

Show
DropLevel >= 62
ItemLevel >= 83
SetFontSize 45
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 255 255 0
SetBackgroundColor 255 255 0

The DropLevel covers endgame items. The ItemLevel covers crafting tier gear. Thus, removing any need to type out all the basetypes. Also, please think of this - if you want to avoid showing a set of those endgame base types (for example you don't like Ezomyte Tower Shield) go at it with this thinking - "do I want to hide more than I want to show? then use a show block to include the basetypes I want." If you want to show more than you want to hide, then use hide to cover up those you don't want to show. In attempt to convey my point, I'll say this also - if you want to hide 1/4 of the items, add in a hide block immediately above the Show block that includes those items. The Block below it won't be able to see those items.
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Oct 22, 2016, 7:00:30 PM
Hey man, i think i understand you ( : D ) but those items from my previous post are just a small amount of the total, just the ones i think would be valuable as crafting gear.

The filter still shows a lot more items when running high tier maps, it just highlights those specific crafting bases with ILevel >=84 with a reddish border so they are easily recognizable.

As for the second part of your comment, i actually don't hide any rare item base, i've just picked the lower tier ones ( which is like, probably over 90% of all armor/weapon bases ) and made them less visible in comparison with the higher tier good rare bases, which i've highlighted. All of the items are still pickable though. Not sure if i explained myself well at all, but check the Rare + Unique items image in my first post to see what i mean.

So since all item bases ( at least the rare ones ) are visible, i don't really utilize hide blocks in the way you suggested. And as for magic and white items, there are actually hide blocks below the show blocks which hide all the white and magic bases which i haven't specified in the show blocks above. There's also one hide block for rare items, but only between ILevels 1-60.

But yea, once again, i didn't do the same to the rares because i wanted all rare bases with ILevel >=61 to show, but i de-highlighted the bad ones and highlighted the good ones.

Here is an image on a merciless Dominus kill with some rare items :

Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on Oct 22, 2016, 8:44:16 PM
Ok so, you're leaving some things shown (without pressing alt) but with transparency to show they're not that great. I don't show things that I don't want to see, and I've made adjustments based on feedback from people using my filter about what they want to see (which is why I have 4 versions).

That's kewl, it works. I've set mine up to be un-reliant on BaseType names as much as possible. If you work toward refining your filter to only use what's absolutely necessary regarding direct BaseType names, then the filter will be as small in file size as possible. I've not looked into how you have yours setup to make any comments about it. I'm making generalized statements in thoughts of seeing if we're on the same page regarding scripting the filters. :) I have no clue what you know about programming.

I've not used transparency in my filter because I believe a person either wants to see something or not. I don't try to compensate people who might want to see something. If they might want to see something, they should consider a wider scope filter (like I did with my standard filter).

I'm curious - why are you basing your crafting tier items at ItemLevel 84 instead of 83 (the tier at which weapons allow max)? to share my view, 84 locks you into fewer drops to craft on. I find crafters know what mods become available at what tiers. Personally I want to craft on ilvl 83 daggers as much as 84 because what's preferable still happens at ilvl 83 (phys % merciless happens at 83, crit chance and multiplier stop at ilvl 73, and attack speed ends at 77 (without considering essences). Also, people buy crafting bases at 83 for 1 or 2 chaos easily, or more. I bought many too, and made some fine gear with them. Just a thought. :)

I hope our conversations help you with refinement. Best wishes!
Oh, well if i remember correctly, there are some mods that require itemlevel 84, like the Helm % increased armor prefix or the amulet rarity prefix. So i choose ilevel 84 over 83.

As for my choices about transparency or what to show/hide (or any other choices), that's what i think is nice and also useful for as you said people that might want to pick the drops for for example doing the chaos/regal recipe, etc. . I broadened the filter by a lot, hence why it's a general endgame filter and it's only one instead of me releasing different versions/editions (i could've had a version that filters and hides a lot of drops or versions specially for alchemy crafters/chaos recipe users,). So with my filter you can do chaos/regal recipe with the bad bases if you want to, or collect a lot of good bases and mass alchemy and/or trans/regal craft them, and if you don't want to do that, the "bad/useless" items are designed so they are smaller in size/the colors give more of a shadowy vibe, basically they have been "de-hgihlighted" , made so they are not annoying on the screen. Even if a person wants nothing to do with the bad rares for example, it's very comfortable/not annoying when mapping.

Btw. sorry if my explanation was bad here, English is not my first language.
explanation was fine thanks!
Bump.

Changed the Armory map to the new Armoury so the filter loads correctly after today's update.
Hey, I like your loot filter (the color / sizing of it).

There were a few issues that I fixed with it.

To show R-G-B sockets (for chrome vendor) you had link = 3. It should be link >= 3. Without this, it won't show 4l rgbs.

Splinter of Chayula is in the same tier as the rest of the splinters, yet it's more valuable than a chaos. I moved it and Uul-Netol (worth 3-4x as much as the elemental shards) to the same currency tier as alchemy, chaos, et cetera.

I changed the coloring of the dark blue currency to something lighter so that it's easier to read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info