[2.4] Doomfletch's prism Inquisitor a.k.a. The Kneebreaker

Greetings exile!

I want to share with you my effort to take the fated unique Doomfletch's Prism bow to end game and further build ideas. In general, Doomfletch's Prism is a very different bow that scale very efficiently with flat physical damage on gear like Facebreaker build, hence the name "Kneebreaker". In my opinion, this bow is definately one of the highest elemental DPS bow you can get if not the highest when you build around it.

This build is done in ESC as life based but if you want to take it to HC, I will mention options with Lightning Coil or go CI.

What so special about Doomfletch's Prism
Spoiler

- The mod: "Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of each Element" means that all the physical damage with this bow will provide an extra amount of ele damage of 4.9 times of the phys damage. Although the bow itself only have around 45 phys damage, if we can get around 55 flat phys damage from gear (17 from ammy + 15x2 from ring + 10 from Meginord's + 15 from quiver NOT counting Abyssus) we can get a bow that has about 100 phys damage and 490 ele damage. That's efficient!

- Since Doomfletch's Prism has such a tiny amount of flat phys, Damage buffs like Hatred/Herald of Ash/Wrath/Anger are NOT good options. We can focus more on defensive aura like Purity/Grace/AA.

- This bow has very decent stats for a crit bow. Upto base crit 7%, 1.65 as is very beneficial for a crit ele bow build.

Gameplay videos

Screenshots

Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Offense

In HO, no charge
Spoiler

Ice shot with 3 PC, 3 FC
Spoiler

Full charges (sustainable)
Spoiler

Note that tooltip damage is not correct since the more elemental damage of is not calculated. Blast Rain tooltip also calculated for only 1 blast and 75% chance I get 5 blast so take this as a grain of salt.

Leveling

Spoiler
I used firestorm/firetrap to level until 44 so I can equip Doomfletch's prism. With Meginord's and some flat phys on gear, it is smoothsailing from there. I took RT first so I don't have to bother with accuracy and when I have enough damage/crit on tree I respec it out.

Templar spell damage nodes can be taken at early levels to make leveling easier since we can respec out for free.

Skill Tree Options and Bandit

Spoiler

Bandit: Oak-Oak-Oak

Without Acuity

With Acuity

Differences between 2 trees:
With Acuity: I have a bit better life (just from the strength), more damage and crit, endurance charge on bow crit and life regen to run bloodrage more comfortably. Mana leech also becomes instant on crit making low regen map much easier to run. That said, it is definately not a must since you can take Vaal Pact and use Maligaro's or Facebreaker or a good rare for huge damage gain. Acuity is more of a quality of life thing.

Sample tree with CI. No Acuity neeeded

Gear Discussion

Spoiler

My gear for example:

Spoiler

I arrange the options from the best to the worst in my opinion. Take it as you wish.

- Helmet: Abyssus, Rat's Nest, rare helm, BoR is viable options. Personally, I think Abyssus is the best for life based and rare Hubris is best for CI. Abyssus provide almost half of the total flat phys damage from all of my gear and I don't feel too squishy with it. I can also use Lightning Coil and self cast Enduring cry so it is really not too bad. Besides, the stats on Abyssus helps with getting enough INT for gems.

- Chest: Lightning Coil, Essence of Horror crafted chest, Rare Vaal Regalia, Kaom Heart. Since Hatred/Heralds sucks with this build, we can run purity of lightning to help cap resist for lightning coil and mitigate physical damage more efficiently. Essence of Horror on chest gives 15% damage taken as cold is also a good option. For CI ofc Vaal Regalia is bis no discussion. Kaom Heart can be used if you want to stick with 1 skill for both AoE and single target like Tornado shot (not recommended)

- Quiver: A rare Broadhead Arrow Quiver with crit mods, flat phys, life and accuracy is the best option here. We don't use Pierce in our gem setup so Drillneck is not that good.

- Belt: Meginord's Girdle, Rare Rustic sash with life/WED/Flask mods are all viable option. Meginord's is best for damage but a good rare rustic is not too much behind and can provide good survivability stats.

- Rings: Steel ring, diamond ring. No matter which ring you choose, try to get as much flat phys on them using essence of contempt. Life, resist, accuracy is bonus.

- Amulet: Life/Flat phys/Crit Mul/Crit Chance/Accuracy.

- Gloves: Atziri's Acuity, Maligaro's Virtuosity, Facebreaker, Rare Gloves. Acuity save me a bunch of points on skill tree and provide huge INT for my gems. Besides, it allow me to have life regen, making it more comfortable to run Blood Rage. If you take VP, other options are good as well and can potentially provide much more damage. Your choice.

- Boots: Rare boots. Life/Ms/resist or ES/resist/MS if CI

- Bow: Doomfletch's Prism. I value Crit chance>flat phys>attack speed. Ofc the higher the better.

- Jewels: Life>Phys damage=Phys damage with bow> Crit mult with elemental skills > Crit Chance with elemental skills.

Skill gems

Spoiler

There are many options. I have played through Lightning Arrow, Ice shot, Barrage and Blast Rain. In my opinion, the best options are Ice Shot chain for pack clearing and Blast Rain for single target. Lightning Arrow is OK if u like it more. Other skill is worse since with elemental skills I can get much better jewels with mods like "inc. crit mult with elemental skills".

- Why not Lightning Arrow? Even with chain I feel LA is still a bit behind at clearing packs. Plus it has less base damage than Ice Shot and doesn't leave chill ground like Ice Shot.

- Why not Barrage? Blast Rain with enchant can rival Barrage with extra arrow. Plus, I don't have to bother with extra arrow corruption/Volley Fire jewels. The MTX is quite good too as a minor bonus.

Link:
- Ice shot + GMP + Chain + Wed + Physical Projectile Attack Damage (PPAD) + Inc. Crit Strikes. If 5 Link remove WeD.
Color: GGGGBR

- Blast Rain + Conc Effect + Inc. Crit Strikes + PPAD + WED + Faster Attack. if 5 Link remove FA
Color: GGGBBR

- Orb of Storm + CoH + Assassin's Mark + Power Charge on Crit (PCoC). This keep me top up in power charge in boss fights. For general clearing everthing dies in 1 or 2 volley anyway.
Color: BBBB > Best bet is on rare boots with ES

- Artic Armour - Blood rage - Blink Arrow - Purity (depends on what you want). Example: I'd use purity of Ice if I use essence of horror chest, Purity of Lightning if I use Lightning Coil.
Color: 3G . I had to Vorici 3G Abyssus and got 3G1R so I'm using Purity of Fire.

- CwDT - IC - Warlord's Mark - Inc. Duration: Warlord's Mark is extremely important if I want to survive against reflect rare since 2% from duelist wheel is not enough (reflect damage is about 3.5%).

Map Mods

Spoiler

- Ele Reflect is baad.
- Immune to Status Ailment is OK but if map has procupines >> Be careful!
- - Max res is OK. With Warlord's Mark CwDT I never ripped to reflect in - Max maps
- No leech is NO NO since reflect will insta rip you.
- Nasty damage mod combo is gonna be dangerous. If you want to face tank contents, I'd suggest being CI and use Vinktar with this build.

Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Last edited by F4F_Lucifer on Oct 18, 2016, 3:02:38 AM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2017, 1:28:07 PM
Reserved
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Bandits?
Pretty interesting take on the Doomfletch Inquisitor.

Do you intentionally try to stack Strength on gear to benefit your Iron Grip?
Fresh builds all day.
"
duylio wrote:
Bandits?

Added in thread. I chose Oak-Oak-Oak but Oak-Oak-Alira should be fine too.

"
DarthPwn wrote:
Pretty interesting take on the Doomfletch Inquisitor.

Do you intentionally try to stack Strength on gear to benefit your Iron Grip?

The tree has a considerable amount of Strength already. I didn't even try to get more strength from gear since it's gonna be more expensive but in perfect scenario I can squeeze about 150 strength more from gear.
Hi there, two things got me pretty confused: the leap slam in Acuity (???) and the sample CI tree that does not seem to have any leech. I am tinkering with a CI tree, levelling a templar right now and one of the things that I found necessary was going down for the duelist leech wheel. Phys damage leech won´t do, Blood rage with CI is pretty intense, Vinktar´s can´t be sustained, Warlord´s mark would be unreliable and cost me Assassin´s mark, Atziri´s flask not good enough.
"
Pantroglodyt wrote:
Hi there, two things got me pretty confused: the leap slam in Acuity (???) and the sample CI tree that does not seem to have any leech. I am tinkering with a CI tree, levelling a templar right now and one of the things that I found necessary was going down for the duelist leech wheel. Phys damage leech won´t do, Blood rage with CI is pretty intense, Vinktar´s can´t be sustained, Warlord´s mark would be unreliable and cost me Assassin´s mark, Atziri´s flask not good enough.

Hi,

I use Acuity for another character too so that's why you see leap slam there. Normally it is CwDT-IC-Inc. Dura-Warlord's Mark (4R).

Leech is indeed gonna be a problem while building with CI. It is just my theory for now and I didn't get to go that way but I'd either choose Pathfinder for Vinktar sustain or go trapper with Inquisitor/Saboteur and run defensive curses. If you have legacy Vinktar then Inquisitor can be used but that's a bit too expensive.
wow, such a nice build dude, it`s so new and even mathil who posted videoguide bout this build like 2 weeks ago couldnt think of making smth similar to this. Great job!!! Definitely gonna try.

p.s. (no) ResidentSleeper
Great build Bull! Happy to see you're still pumping out great content. How do you feel about using Kintsugi with this build?
"
Great build Bull! Happy to see you're still pumping out great content. How do you feel about using Kintsugi with this build?

Thanks CRM!

I personally think Kintsugi is a chest that is only good if you go all out evasion dodge with eva shield and raider. Otherwise, a lot of stuffs in map can take off the bonus of Kintsugi. Imo Lightning Coil or Belly of the Beast is still better than Kintsugi in this build. A rare chest with Essence of Horror crafted (15% damage phys taken as cold) is also good but that's gonna be hard to get when Essence end.

"
Seroto wrote:
wow, such a nice build dude, it`s so new and even mathil who posted videoguide bout this build like 2 weeks ago couldnt think of making smth similar to this. Great job!!! Definitely gonna try.

p.s. (no) ResidentSleeper

Thanks! Mathil did a great job with his Prism build too and it costs much less since he doesn't use Acuity. I do think that my build is a bit more efficient in pathing and can reach a much higher damage cap just from Abyssus alone. I want to try to make Blast Rain work tho despite that Barrage is still proly better for dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info