Black screen on log-out/quit

This has been happening to me for about a week maybe 2. Every time I exit the game my monitor goes black, after some time the screen comes back on but I am logged out of my computer and have to log back in. Never had this problem before and don't have any problems with the numerous other games that I play. Anyone have any ideas for this? Also ctrl-alt-del or alt-f4 has no effect for this problem.
Last bumped on May 16, 2017, 8:14:58 AM
No idea sorry, just logged back into Path of Exile after a bit of a hiatus, only to have the same issue, log out black screen no key combos have any effect on it. Need someone from GGG to have a look at what the issue might be. I'm on the Australian Gateway if that makes a difference.
Last edited by Devon_Da on Oct 16, 2016, 7:38:38 PM
I am experiencing the same issue. Whenever I exit the game my monitor goes black. I've waited several minutes and it never came back, though I did have the radio streaming and that continued to play.

I've tried rebooting (obviously) and also verifying the integrity through Steam, and nothing fixes the problem.

This is Windows 10 64 bit, connected to the Washington DC gateway.

I have not played for a fairly long while so I cannot say when this started happening.
Same problem here. Exit the game and just a black screen. no ctl alt delete or anything to help it. only recourse available is to reboot machine. has only started happening the past 48 hours.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart.
He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
Try compatibility troubleshooting in properties and then use the suggested version in "Run this game in compatibility mode for".
Facing the same problems here. I need to cut of the power and reboot system after playing Poe.
Same problem here. Nvidia GTX 960 graphics adapter. Also started with last patch.
workaround for black screen on exit:
login with remote desktop cliente, from another pc or smartphone or tablet or else... .
this reset the video adapter.
then login again in the pc.
Suffering from this too. Quit then need to press the restart button on the machine :-(
Can we get a fix for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info