[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

Hi, amazing build! Traps definitely play better than they used to and I did not have so much fun with the character since my breach farming build in Breach league!

I made some slight modification to your tree though. I took Deep Thoughts for more mana and regen. In the end (and according to PoE Builder) I wont be taking Power Charge as lvl 91 and 92, it's marginal dps increase. I will instead take socket and next two levels will go into Doom Cast wheel, as the that crit multi is best DPS increase at this point of character development. These changes and my gear allows me to drop Clarity and run only Blasphemy.

As for itemization, Deerstalker boots are only budget choice these days, the new shaper gloves are indeed much much better. Got lucky and bought these:

I'd also say that even lvl 3 Empower is better choice as 6th link on fire trap than any other gem. Yes, crit multi will have better burst damage, but Empower does improve burning damage of the trap, thus it should have higher average damage output.

I agree that lab enchantments are somewhat tricky on this build, for boots, there are only two good choices. Crit or Regen, originally I tried to get regen (my breach char loved this enchantment), but all I could get is crit, so I stick with it and it's great.
Helmet is something I generally don't plan to get, as the chance to get what I want is next to nothing. But yes, Fire trap damage would be best, Elemental Weakness effectiveness imho second best.
Best in gloves (what I use now) is imho of Inferno, that meteor hits like a truck and we don't have a problem with triggering it, it's triggered on kill. Second best (questionable on character this mobile) is the of Light for consacrated ground (if I get hit by some great damage I tend to pop Quartz flask and run away form pack, thus it's not that great enchant in the end as you need to stand in it and that's something you usually don't want to do).

Since I have all the mana regen I need I'm not using mana flask, I use Quartz flask which is amazing for clear speed on this character. Phasing FTW!

For jewels, the Abyss jewels mod Increased evasion while moving is great.
Nice Build!
One question, Why Not Use tinkerskin?
Edit: Ignore this. I answered my own question
Last edited by PiedPiper11 on Jan 31, 2018, 3:28:56 PM
I've been wanting to play a trapper build for quite some time and I've experimented with a couple of ideas myself.

I've decided to come back to the game for the new League and I was determined to run a trapper build... and then I saw this. Read through the 30 pages and I'm going to be running it in the new league. Just wanted to post and say thanks for taking the time to keep the guide updated.

I'm hoping you will have another update ready to go when ALL the information about Bestiary is up, but either way this was extremely helpful.

"
Bismar7 wrote:
I've been wanting to play a trapper build for quite some time and I've experimented with a couple of ideas myself.

I've decided to come back to the game for the new League and I was determined to run a trapper build... and then I saw this. Read through the 30 pages and I'm going to be running it in the new league. Just wanted to post and say thanks for taking the time to keep the guide updated.

I'm hoping you will have another update ready to go when ALL the information about Bestiary is up, but either way this was extremely helpful.

I'm glad my build interested you enough to try out traps! While I cannot say if I am going to actively play in the next league, I will try my best to update this build with any change that may occur. Here's hoping for a small Trapper buff!
is it possible to use lighting trap and frost nova in deerstalkers instead of ice trap and shock nova in boots?

is one better than the other? sorry to ask i am returning to the game after years away.
"
sempuken wrote:
is it possible to use lighting trap and frost nova in deerstalkers instead of ice trap and shock nova in boots?

is one better than the other? sorry to ask i am returning to the game after years away.

Nope. Lightning Trap (as explained in the FAQ) is not suited for this build. The balls of lightning it shoots are considered projectiles, whereas this build has mostly increased AoE damage, which all the damage skills in this build are.
Hi, great build guide that I have used in the past. I am craving traps and have just noticed the new ascendancy nodes for Sabatour. Could this be more powerful in the next patch? DO you think you will be able to update the guide?

Thanks again for the build.
Welp, I did took a look at the new Saboteur and the changes certainly look quite lovely... For an elemental trapper like me, anyways.

The one big change there is that they combined Blinding Assault and Born in the Shadows into one big node, which allows to choose between the reworked (and now better) Explosive Expert and the new and fresh Pyromaniac.

The prior gives your Traps more AoE and Damage plus elemental penetration. Very nice indeed!

The latter makes you immune to both Shock and Ignite (good lord) while giving Trappers (and Miners) much, much needed Life Reg and reduced Mana costs.

The choice is pretty obvious to me (Pyromaniac), but for people that one moar Dakka, Explosive Expert is the way to go.

I'd still say to grab Born in the Shadows all the time as both blinding enemies, the 30% damage and taking 10% less damage cannot be passed upon.
"
orrrk wrote:
Nice Build!
One question, Why Not Use tinkerskin?

Yes, why not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info