Dear GGG, Your game is fucked...

"
Docbp87 wrote:

Also, I find it very suspicious that you've never seen a tier 14 or 15 map, yet you act like you have all of this wealth and what-not, and have been around forever. How is that even possible?

To be honest... yes, i haven't found a t14 or a t15 map yet. I don't have all the wealth but as i've said found most of it by farming, got lucky with 6-linking, most of the good stuff i found or traded with in Perandus league. I still remember where i chanced my skyforth, cells map. One time a 6-linked a shavs,which i got on trade with 6-sockets and a few fusings later 6-linked a voll's. Also got a corrupted atziri gloves on trade because it was the cheapest. All the good stuff i get i post on global so if you're still suspicious, ask ggg to check all my stuff. :)

Laters, gotta go to work.
If you can't control it, STOP.
Just wine ;) ! w/cheese
If you can't control it, STOP.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
dagul23 wrote:
1. endgame for the no lifers
2. bad drops
3. no AH (yes no. 3)
4. prophecy league instead of perandus league in standard ?
5. labyrinth!! I'm good at it ok,just too...stupid,really! arpg!
6. people think you listen, but for an old time gamer, it's still marketing
My take on this:

1. The delay of mapping until after completing a full story mode not just once, but three times, is bad design. The content core of PoE is mapping, and Atlas shows how it can be an entire game unto itself (something I had trouble explaining to people in the past). Essentially, mapping should start after what we think of as Normal Hillock; I'd probably make Twilight Stand longer, maybe even multiple zones, definitely tutorial more than it does now... but the game doesn't really need towns - once you reach your hideout, it has a map device in it, and off you go.

2. Bad drops aren't the fault of bad droprates. Assuming all gear can be put on a number line from "best for your character" to worst, droprates do not impact upgrade frequency; that isn't opinion, that's mathematically provable. The key to good drops isn't droprates, it's itemization balance, because itemization balance prevents players from putting gear on that strict number line, as they have to consider two different items with very different mods which both appear to be about equal in power for their build. Note that a design focused on build-around-me uniques isn't conducive to this; by definition, build-around-mes are de facto best-in-slot, required for a build to even function, essentially destroy the ability to upgrade gear in slots they occupy, and never raise questions in item valuation for players using the builds designed to use them.

3. I'm thoroughly against automated buyouts, but that isn't the same as being against automated auctions. Although a silent auction house allowing AFK trade would create exploits - exploits I cannot find a solution to prevent - it's important that someone does find it. The "always online" trading culture is toxic, creating tedium in contacting fake-online sellers and putting trade squarely in control of those who can afford to keep a PoE window open all day.

4. Cadiro is a necessary component of a build-around-me, unique-centric itemization design, as he lets players actually have the uniques to build around them. However, he's antithetical to a continuous gear progression model of itemization, as he delivers instant gratification, past which there isn't much progression. What this means is: he's a symptom of a larger problem. The build-around-me, unique-centric itemization design is itself at odds with the continuous gear progression, affix-centric itemization design. Those who argue for the combination don't understand that unique-centric benefits from as many slots occupied by uniques as possible to make gearing about the clever combination of fixed choices more than it is about difficulty of acquisition (similar to how deckbuilding in CCGs benefits from a deep card pool and relatively easy card acquisition), while affix-centric design benefits from as many slots occupied by affixed items as possible to offer as many simultaneous threads of gear progression as possible. Given the grindy game PoE wants to be, it should have put the fun mods for wacky builds into the affix system, not relied on unique items at all, and therefore have no need for Cadiro.

5. I touched earlier on the ridiculousness of repeated story content, and Labirynth is no exception. Also, having some traps deal percentage-based damage (which essentially ignores your investment in +HP and +%HP) is probably okay, but having every trap (and zero non-Lab content) deal damage that way makes it an outrageously polarizing experience. GGG would be wise to limit the Lab's distinction from other content mostly to its limited-attempts feature, while trying to make its traps a little less special and a little more like general content. The contrast is unnecessarily sharp.

6. Listening to player suggestions isn't usually wise for a developer; players aren't game designers. But players are players, so feedback is usually accurate in a way which suggestions are not. It's not surprising to me that GGG doesn't just do what the community says, but when it leaves something untouched for a long period, which significant portions of the community are incensed about, it does disappoint me a little.

I mostly agree with that... I don't do essence because of unecessary repetition untill maping, lab bad taste, horrible unique drop (for me and my casuality) etc...
... nothing
"
dagul23 wrote:
Dear GGG, Your game is fucked...

Nah i dont think the game is fucked however i do worry about this community sometimes and its insatiable lust for sodium.. This community's sodium intake is quite scary.. The salt mines MUST be closed.. Sign the petition. Hurry before its too late. \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Oct 26, 2016, 5:33:58 AM
To be honest,on the D2 endgame comparison,i'd argue that Shaper/Guardians/Uber Atziri is the equivalent of Uber Diablo/Tristram and the drops gated behind them (Ani/Torch in D2,Disfavour/Starforge in PoE) and don't tell me that those weren't just as hard to get to or clear.Hell,to spawn Diablo on the servers there had to be thousands of SoJ sold (thanks duping!).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info