[2.4]RighteouSplosion Elementalist

"
TehWafflez wrote:
"
Easiest way is to replace leap with blood magic and put the leap gem somewhere else, remove fortify for blood magic or the most expensive but strongest option is mana gained on hit jewels

Edit: I found that about 4 was usually enough, especially with the new cyclone radius it should be plenty.

do you think flat mana regen mod on jewels would work better instead of mana gained on hit?, also im reaching about 5.9k life on an elementalist, this is my first time going this far into mapping but comparing it to other builds it looks to be really low, and with flasks and so I reach about 18k armor and 75% ish phys reduction. tanky enough do you think?

I wouldn't trust regen over mana gained on hit to be honest, since with mana gained on hit your only concern is that you hit the enemy X times before another cyclone, having said that if you want to use that 3 flat mana regen jewel it is worth using if you dont have currency for really good mana gained on hit jewels.

The amount of life you have is normal for the build, unfortunately the elementalist variant of the build isnt on the high end of the life pools however for nearly all ordinary mapping up to T15 that I tried it was never really an issue, of course guardians, breach lords and the shaper do pose a bit of a problem so I would probably recommend adjusting the build somehow to cater for content like that, though off the top of my head having not played the build during breach I am a bit uncertain as to how to achieve that. Though something along the lines of removing the self-ignite portion of the build should net you a considerable life increase(1 ring, amulet and boots)
"
The amount of life you have is normal for the build, unfortunately the elementalist variant of the build isnt on the high end of the life pools however for nearly all ordinary mapping up to T15 that I tried it was never really an issue, of course guardians, breach lords and the shaper do pose a bit of a problem so I would probably recommend adjusting the build somehow to cater for content like that, though off the top of my head having not played the build during breach I am a bit uncertain as to how to achieve that. Though something along the lines of removing the self-ignite portion of the build should net you a considerable life increase(1 ring, amulet and boots)

I changed a bit of the tree to get a little bit more life and AOE nodes for RF grabbed some +mana per hit jewels and my mana seems fine now, I did xoph a couple of hours ago and I only had a little bit of trouble as I didn't know with ruby flask + herald of ash up I could facetank him, I got xoph's heart and reading around forums and stuff, it's pretty good. (expensive too) Would it be a good alternative to transition into late mapping bosses? and for the ring I would just get maybe a basic life/res ring.
Last edited by TehWafflez on Dec 22, 2016, 12:24:01 AM
"
TehWafflez wrote:
"

I changed a bit of the tree to get a little bit more life and AOE nodes for RF grabbed some +mana per hit jewels and my mana seems fine now, I did xoph a couple of hours ago and I only had a little bit of trouble as I didn't know with ruby flask + herald of ash up I could facetank him, I got xoph's heart and reading around forums and stuff, it's pretty good. (expensive too) Would it be a good alternative to transition into late mapping bosses? and for the ring I would just get maybe a basic life/res ring.

Xoph's Heart is an awesome alternative from what I can understand, though I havent been able to test it yet :), on that note you can then drop the self-ignite stuff(boots and ring) and get quite a bit more life and regular damage. Yea, Xoph should be tankable by all 6 variations at least long enough to move, but the others are a terrible nuisance with all that ele damage, if your phys mitigation is high enough then Uul Netol should be no problem, Chayula I have no idea since its expensive to test! Its worth noting that I felt when playing the build last league that quite a bit of damage could be sacrificed without impeding clear speed much. once you're done with the character I would love to check out your changes, perhaps the build guide can be updated using that information since I wont be doing all of the RighteouSplosion characters over this league.
Last edited by codraziel on Dec 22, 2016, 6:16:37 PM
"
once you're done with the character I would love to check out your changes, perhaps the build guide can be updated using that information since I wont be doing all of the RighteouSplosion characters over this league.

Hey man, it's been a while, but I've been busy a lot so I was forced to stop playing for over a month, I never really got to reach, I guess you can say "true" end game with breachlords and so. I made some changes to the build as I was really just testing different pathways I can go, and in turn the build made have turned a little weird.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TehWafflez/characters

Here is my elementalist type, I never got to skill into EE as I couldn't find a good karui sceptre with another ele type to trigger it. I dropped a few HP nodes for jewel sockets increasing armor, as I felt as during tier 10-13 map really squishy.

Anyways, I really had fun with this build, I might try the berserker type whenever I have the time, but thanks again for replying to all my previous questions!

EDIT: I also tried The Red Dream jewel hoping it would be a HUGE boost in DPS due to righteous fire being fire HP based damage, but I never really saw a huge DPS boost, The Red Nightmare looked like a really cool upgrade as well due to the block chance
Last edited by TehWafflez on Jan 18, 2017, 3:46:31 AM
"
TehWafflez wrote:
"
once you're done with the character I would love to check out your changes, perhaps the build guide can be updated using that information since I wont be doing all of the RighteouSplosion characters over this league.

Hey man, it's been a while, but I've been busy a lot so I was forced to stop playing for over a month, I never really got to reach, I guess you can say "true" end game with breachlords and so. I made some changes to the build as I was really just testing different pathways I can go, and in turn the build made have turned a little weird.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TehWafflez/characters

Here is my elementalist type, I never got to skill into EE as I couldn't find a good karui sceptre with another ele type to trigger it. I dropped a few HP nodes for jewel sockets increasing armor, as I felt as during tier 10-13 map really squishy.

Anyways, I really had fun with this build, I might try the berserker type whenever I have the time, but thanks again for replying to all my previous questions!

EDIT: I also tried The Red Dream jewel hoping it would be a HUGE boost in DPS due to righteous fire being fire HP based damage, but I never really saw a huge DPS boost, The Red Nightmare looked like a really cool upgrade as well due to the block chance

Hey, thank you for the kind words, I have also been delayed for a little over a month in releasing a "Holiday Themed" 5-pack of builds.

The Red Dream unfortunately won't add chaos damage to RF as degens are excluded from damage conversion type things.

for your EE problem it is possible to craft elemental damage onto rings or gloves to get elemental damage of a different type, or what I did on a few of them is use 1 static electricity jewel around a dex node or 2.

Good call on the Jewel sockets with armour as the Elementalist didn't have as much armour scaling as the others and the objective is to hopefully reach 90% reduction in the character sheet(this wouldnt really be 90% but it seems to be a good point where armour+EC starts to really shine)

I am very glad that you had fun playing the build and its this sort of enjoyment that makes doing the guides so worthwhile for me.

Gl and Stay joocey :)
Hiyas codraziel, nice write up.

I wanted to make a correction for you. 'Hotfooted' jewel increases movement speed as long as your character is ignited. RF is not an ignition source, rather it is a 'degen effect' that occurs independent of ignites.

Specifically: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Righteous_Fire
"
Life Degeneration Effect: While this skill is active, you and surrounding enemies will take fire degeneration damage (damage over time).

Unfortunately it does not count as an ignite. Ignites are causes by hits of fire damage. The only thing the two have in common is they both are considered burning for the tag system.

I am aware that you are hoping to ignite enemies with your Eye + Sceptre/Hysteria combo, but when you don't have uptime on that it will be inactive. Would you think the guide should reflect this information, and do you feel that a better jewel with stats wouldn't simply be all-around better?

--
Also, No thought about Delirium glove crafting for your RF?

From one RF player to another, rock on.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Hiyas codraziel, nice write up.

I wanted to make a correction for you. 'Hotfooted' jewel increases movement speed as long as your character is ignited. RF is not an ignition source, rather it is a 'degen effect' that occurs independent of ignites.

Specifically: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Righteous_Fire
"
Life Degeneration Effect: While this skill is active, you and surrounding enemies will take fire degeneration damage (damage over time).

Unfortunately it does not count as an ignite. Ignites are causes by hits of fire damage. The only thing the two have in common is they both are considered burning for the tag system.

I am aware that you are hoping to ignite enemies with your Eye + Sceptre/Hysteria combo, but when you don't have uptime on that it will be inactive. Would you think the guide should reflect this information, and do you feel that a better jewel with stats wouldn't simply be all-around better?

--
Also, No thought about Delirium glove crafting for your RF?

From one RF player to another, rock on.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the post.

- I am aware that RF is not an ignite and ever since I posted this guide I've waited for this correction to be brought to my attention :) In all honesty I was hesitant to include Hotfooted at all, but I figured its an option that people may not even realize exists so I included it.

- Interestingly enough with the Death's Door boots you are pretty much ignited all the time from my experiences as this also brings the length of the self-ignite in line with the confluxes so that you don't actually need the fire burst to proc to ignite yourself. The confluxes are the main reason I don't use Eye of Innocence in the other version of the build as the self-ignite becomes to unreliable without them.

- Delirium Crafted gloves make appearances in other versions of the build as an option but when I did this version the attack speed from the Insanity just felt better so we use the helm for the damage boost to RF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info