[3.0] |The Endgame Incinerator| - Chieftain - Under 100C - INCINERATE THE SHAPER

Well, my reasoning was that Arsonist also has the benefit of 1% life reg (with the option of another 1.8% from Combat Stamina) which certainly helps sustaining RF for the spell damage boost. And as you said, the cast speed from Totemic Mastery is always nice for Incinerate + Spell Totem.

But it's an interesting concept, I like the idea.

Another thought... what about Searing Bond, a "free" third totem that inflicts Burning damage (35% increased damage against burning enemies from the Ngamahu ascendancy)?
Last edited by tomay on Oct 25, 2016, 11:25:54 AM
Trying this out in 2.5 from scratch and am very slow (I'm not great at the game to begin with, so this is to be expected for me :). Looking at your jewels on your passive tree, if you swap the Spire of Stone jewel and Rain of Splinters, it looks like you'd gain more life for your totems with the potential for more, if more life on the totems would help (does it?). Even if it doesn't help, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the guide! Peeps like me need it!
I've been playing this build in hc Breach, until I got oneshot through a wall by an invasion boss today at level 82. Some thoughts:

"
tomay wrote:
Another thought... what about Searing Bond, a "free" third totem that inflicts Burning damage (35% increased damage against burning enemies from the Ngamahu ascendancy)?

I played the build with Searing Bond and Flammability and it started to feel pretty underwhelming around merciless, most enemies died before really getting hit by SB anyway.
Eventually stopped using SB, just kept Flammability. SB can be nice to hit "allies can't die"-rares, though, if the spell totems are being stubborn and hitting the wrong shit.

"
Trying this out in 2.5 from scratch and am very slow (I'm not great at the game to begin with, so this is to be expected for me :). Looking at your jewels on your passive tree, if you swap the Spire of Stone jewel and Rain of Splinters, it looks like you'd gain more life for your totems with the potential for more, if more life on the totems would help (does it?). Even if it doesn't help, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Personally I didn't get Spire of Stone and just used a life+projectile speed jewel in its place. Rain of Splinters makes a massive difference in clear speed, so that at least is absolutely worth getting.
The totems do end up pretty tanky anyway and generally very rarely die before they time out, just space them out so that boss aoe doesn't hit both at the same time.

Never felt like I needed RF, so I skipped that completely. All the bosses died so fast anyway, up to t8 maps & Atziri.

This was my first hc character so I'm bloody happy I made it to 82 before dying, thumbs up from me for this build. =)
I'm currently at level 79 with similar gear and nearly exact passive tree... Sitting at around 7 k tooltip. Am I doing something wrong? IDK how I'm supposed to get to 30k in 5-10 levels. Any insight would be appreciated.
"
Patrowned wrote:
I'm currently at level 79 with similar gear and nearly exact passive tree... Sitting at around 7 k tooltip. Am I doing something wrong? IDK how I'm supposed to get to 30k in 5-10 levels. Any insight would be appreciated.

The difference is gem levels, quality, 4 link vs 6 link, and damage passives. You have a 5L chest but increased burning damage and elemental focus in the links. Increased burning damage only increases damage done by ignites(and not very much). Incinerate doesn't score good ignites to begin with and elemental focus prevents them from occurring at all.

If, instead of increased burning damage, you had controlled destruction, your tooltip would increase to 10k. Add in a sixth link such as faster casting and you'd probably hit 12-13k. Level up all the gems to 20 and put your remaining points towards good damage passives and you should be around 20-25k. With quality gems after that you should be around 28k-30k. If you can get a lucky corruption on incinerate and a +1 gems chest, that can be pushed to 32-33k or so.
"
"
Patrowned wrote:

The difference is gem levels, quality, 4 link vs 6 link, and damage passives. You have a 5L chest but increased burning damage and elemental focus in the links. Increased burning damage only increases damage done by ignites(and not very much). Incinerate doesn't score good ignites to begin with and elemental focus prevents them from occurring at all.

If, instead of increased burning damage, you had controlled destruction, your tooltip would increase to 10k. Add in a sixth link such as faster casting and you'd probably hit 12-13k. Level up all the gems to 20 and put your remaining points towards good damage passives and you should be around 20-25k. With quality gems after that you should be around 28k-30k. If you can get a lucky corruption on incinerate and a +1 gems chest, that can be pushed to 32-33k or so.

Thanks a lot for taking the time respond!

I guess I just have to keep grinding and get a 6L. Only reason for the current gems is lack of socket colors haha.

Thanks again, Awesome build. I'm loving it.
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Last edited by RediusMaximus on Dec 25, 2016, 4:32:19 PM
Excellent build, VERY beginner-friendly, true high end(-game) budget stuff here. Just did normal Atziri deathless eyes closed.
Anyone ever replace one of the gems with iron will?
Hey ! Thx for the build, I really enjoy it so far :D Any feedback on the tukohama shield? This is my first seasonal char and this 400 chaos is a big investment for a beginner :p Almost got it but should I try hard?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info