[2.4]"The charging Void" CI Inquisitor Cospri's Malice Vortex (Downing Guardians on 4L)

Introduction
Hey guys and welcome to my CI Inquisitor Cospri's Malice Vortex.
This build is relatively new, so if you guys have any improvements just share them!
I came up with this build because I loved CoC back then, and wanted to play something with the new Vortex Skin which came out I think 5 days ago. I also wanted to test out Cospri's Malice, so this build combines everything from it.
If you have any questions to this build, you can PM me, reply in this thread or just ask me ingame IGN: Auren

Table of Contents
Build Concept
Pros / Cons
Videos
Screenshots
Gear
Skill Gems
Passives
Leveling
Bandits
Ascendency Points

Build Concept
You are maybe asking yourself, what can I expect from this build?
Sadly I have to tell you, this is not the Budget 1 Chaos EZ Uber Shaper Killer.
BUT you can expect a relatively budget build, with high amounts of fun regarding the gameplay. We use shield charge to proc our Vortex from Cospri's Malice, and for single target we use Cyclone.
Since we have a high ES pool, life leech on our main skill and a bunch of life regeneration this build is relatively tanky.

Some numbers:

- 10,5K ES Pool
- Capped out resistances
- up to 10,5 % ES Regeneration per Second
- 2% Life Leech on basically perma casted Vortex
- Immune to Status Ailments

Pros
[+] Relatively Budget compared to other builds
[+] Runs on 2 4 Links mainly
[+] Fast map clearing, basically 1 shotting every pack in the game
[+] Tanky due to heavy liferegeneratron and a big ES pool
[+] Fun playstyle with shield charge !

Cons
[-] Due to beeing a CoC build in 2.4, single target damage lacks for T16 bosses
[-] Probably not able to take down shaper (didn't try it yet)
[-] some map mods cannot be done : Elemental Reflect

Videos
Level 84 quick T12 Plateu Run, but I guess more Videos will come.
https://youtu.be/tQCdyCu5auA

Level 85 Quick Atziri Kill
https://youtu.be/vJVFWeostGU

Level 87 Sub 2 Minute Gorge Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAvTZ3s_rQ&feature=youtu.be

Level 88 Core Kill (just to show core is doable, didn't really focus this run >.<)
https://youtu.be/3cYFUsqSv4U

Level 88 Chimera Kill
This was my first chimera attempt on this character, so I missed out on the bleeding of 2nd small boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJyQsI6dk4&feature=youtu.be

Level 88 Hydra Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAJLzMxrp0&feature=youtu.be

Level 88 Minotaur Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhgmGOJNF_g&feature=youtu.be

Screenshot

Offensive Screenshots in my Hideout:
Spoiler

Cyclone:
Shield Charge:
Vortex with Inc. AoE:
Vortex with Conc. Effect:

Offensive Screenshots with 7 Power Chagres, Bloodrage and 3 Frenzy Charges and standing on Consecrated Ground:
Spoiler

Cyclone:
Shield Charge:
Vortex with Inc. Aoe:
Vortex with Conc. Effect:

Defensive Stats:
Spoiler

Defensive Stats in Merciless Town:
Defensive Stats in Merciless Dried Lake with 3 Endurance Charges and Standing in Consecrated Ground:

Gear
This is my current Gear in ESC Level 88
Spoiler

Flasks

Gear Explanation

Weapon

Cospri's Malice is the item which enables this build, therefore you need it.
Look for a high added cold roll, and preferebly high attack speed.

Shield

Just get a shield with high ES and resis. If you can, also put spell damage and spell crit chance on it. I prefer pure ES + Intelligence for a more tanky version of this build, but if you wanna go for big damage you can go for more spell damage and especially spell crit and less ES.

Helmet

Get a helmet with alot of ES and resistances. The best base we want is a Hurbis Circlet.
If you can afford it, also go for Accuracy on helmet. It actually scales our dmg because we have such low base hit rating.
As an enchantment, go either for Shield Charge Attack Speed for more clearing speed, increased vortex radius for smoother pack clear, increased vortex damage for just straight damage or cyclone attack speed for more single target damage.

Chest

Get a 6S with 4L and 2 off socket (do not need to be linked) pure ES base chest with high amounts of ES. This is our biggest ES resource, so you should invest most of your currency here. Also try to get some resistance on it.

Gloves

Get preferebly Fingerless Silk Gloves enchanted with the Essence of Horror ( +3% crit chance). This is used for main single target spell cyclone. Try to get accuracy on gloves, and resis if you want/need/can. Gloves are also a nice place to get dex if needed.

Boots

Get boots with a lot of ES and resistances. We do not need movementspeed here (if you can afford it, get it!), because we use Shield Charge as our main movement skill. Regarding enchantment, I have not tried to get a paricular one but just stuck with 1,5%Life Reg when Hit recently, because it adds up to our other resoucres of life reg really nicely.

Amulet

Since we need a lot of Dexterity in this build, our amulet is one way to get a lot of it.
Besides that, you need to consider what else you want on it.
I opted for Resis and more %ES and flat ES, but you could also go for damage mods like spell damage,increased crit multi and chance, accuracy or cold damage.

Rings

I highly recommend you this ring, it is explained later though under "Ascendency Points".

As a second ring, get a Diamond ring to fill out missing resis, maybe even dexterity and flat ES.
Again, if you want to go for more damage you can add accuracy and increased cold damage.

Belt

I was really lucky to find this belt. Is has a high amount of ES, resistances and dexterity, which suits this build perfectly. Look for a similar one.

Skill Gems

Weapon
3L

Vortex + Increased Area of Effect + Increased Critical Strikes

For single target fights, swap in conc effect for increased area of effect.

Chest
6S&4L

Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Power Charge on Crit + Increased Critical Strikes

The main setup is used to proc Vortex with Shield Charge. This way it provides really fast map clearing, because you can charge from pack to pack with nice AoE clearing.

Bloodrage + Warlord's Mark

The other 2 sockets are Bloodrage and Warlord's Mark. Bloorage is just a nice damage increase overall and we sustain the degen easily. Warlod's Mark gives us 2% Life and Mana leech, which is casted on boss fights where our curse on hit heralds do not apply it.

Helm
4L

Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call

Typical defense setup.

Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Crit

Power charge on crit is used for more charge generation while fighting bosses.

Shield
3L

Summone Ice Golem + Discipline + Vaal Haste

Not much too say, just our Discipline + Golem + Vaal Haste.
We need Icy Golem for crit + accuracy. Vaal Haste is just for clear speed. Maybe you can swap out discipline for another aura if you want, but I like the free ES of it.

Gloves
4L

Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Increased Critical Strikes

This is used for our main single target proccing. Fortify just gives a nice defence boost, if you want you can also go for power charge on crit for faster charge generation in single target fights.

Boots
4L

Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Warlod's Mark

This is your typical "Curse on Herald" setup. The Warlod's Mark provides us with 2% Life and Mana leech the whole time.

Passives
This is my current skilltree Level 88:

This is how it would look like on 100:

As for my Jewel Slots I use:
Spoiler

"Inspired Learning" at the top jewel slot, because I am too poor to afford a real Headhunter. :D

"Energy from Within" with 12% ES right under the "Melding" cluster, which give us extra 15% ES.

As for rare jewels, look for increased spell damage, +% critical strike multiplier for spells, +% critical multiplier for cold spells, critical chance for spells, critical chance for cold spells, area dmg ...
You have a wide range of thinks you can choose from, just looks for something which has at least 3 useful mods on it.

Leveling
If you want to level this character, just level it Life Based until level 68 (point where you can use Cospri's + Switch to ES)
You can use different skills to level, like Flameblast, Blade Vortex, Vortex, Arc ...
Really it's up to you which skill you like.

Skilltrees would be as following:
33 points used

70 points used

Bandits
Normal: Kill all (1 passive)
Cruel: Help Kriatyn (+ Attackspeed)
Merciless: Help Alira (+1 Power Charge)

Ascendency Points
Since we use inquisitor, we are using following Ascendency Points.

We need to take it to progress to the next point, but it also gives us a nice boost of crit chance and crit multi.

This is the main reason why I started this character as Inquisitor. In higher maps (T12+) the mobs and bosses start to gain a lot of elemental resistances. Since with powercharges I got round about 70% crit chance on my Vortex, 70% of the time my damage penetrates the entire resistances a monster or boss has, so we do not need to focus on ele penetration.

We need it to progess to the next point, but since we use "Gifts from Above" we basically always fight on "Consecrated Ground". So "Consecrated Ground" does not only give 4% Life Regeneration (converted to ES thanks to "Zealoth's Oath) as normal now, but also +40% increased damage.

When I saw this point, I know I had to take "Gifts from Above" in this build. This Ascendency offers us another 4% ES and 4% Mana Regeneration + 25% Increased Attack Speed and Immunity to Status Ailments.

So, you could say that

does:
+8% ES Regeneration
+4% Mana Regeneration
+25% Attack Speed
+40% Increased Damage Dealt
+Immune to Freeze, Chill Shock and Ignite
This was just too good to miss out from one single ring.

Conclusion
I hope you liked reading trough this build. I would really appreciate your feedback on it.

Last edited by Lucr4in on Oct 7, 2016, 3:19:08 PM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2016, 5:03:23 PM
*Reserved if needed*
I'm sure you've put a lot of work into this and the forum post formatting is great... But the damage is really low for a Cospri's Malice build.

A few suggestions:

- Since the build isn't an Assassin, I *highly* recommend using the Essence of Horror on a pair of gloves for the trigger skill (Possible Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Inc Crit - Fortify/Accuracy). The build loses too much flat damage from Vortex, making procs unreliable. Vortex's flat damage should not be underestimated!

- The build picks up a lot of spell crit multi for Vortex, yet without the Assassin nodes or an Increase Crit Chance gem in the links it is mostly lost. I would pick up the Spell Crit chance instead, and replace the Life Leech gem in Cospri's with an Increase Crit Chance (you'll want to find another way to leech damage). With the current setup most of the damage is from the degen anyway.

- Single target is severely lacking. If the trigger gem is setup within the gloves, the build can utilize a 6L Vaal RF for one-shotting bosses. Like in this setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwWBF1P_E8o&feature=youtu.be
"

I'm sure you've put a lot of work into this and the forum post formatting is great... But the damage is really low for a Cospri's Malice build.

A few suggestions:

- Since the build isn't an Assassin, I *highly* recommend using the Essence of Horror on a pair of gloves for the trigger skill (Possible Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Inc Crit - Fortify/Accuracy). The build loses too much flat damage from Vortex, making procs unreliable. Vortex's flat damage should not be underestimated!

- The build picks up a lot of spell crit multi for Vortex, yet without the Assassin nodes or an Increase Crit Chance gem in the links it is mostly lost. I would pick up the Spell Crit chance instead, and replace the Life Leech gem in Cospri's with an Increase Crit Chance (you'll want to find another way to leech damage). With the current setup most of the damage is from the degen anyway.

- Single target is severely lacking. If the trigger gem is setup within the gloves, the build can utilize a 6L Vaal RF for one-shotting bosses. Like in this setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwWBF1P_E8o&feature=youtu.be

First of all thanks for sharing you thoughts with me.
I first played with Warlord Mark as my main curse untilizing it with Blasphemy, but it didn't feel right. Maybe with curse on hit orbs of storm and warlords mark + applying the curse as I am now, a inc crit strike on vortex would boost the damage on the build. <- I will definelty try that out.

As for the gloves, it really sound nice for the +3% crit on my main proccing skill.
Never the less I don't like the idea of vaal RF, because 1st I am not using Vaal pact, and secondly because I want a stable source of dmg for my single target. Even if it can 1shot most of the bosses, in fights with more boss phases, mutiple bosses and stuff like that i would still be stuck to cyclone the rest of the boss. If I would go for shield charge, which I intended to do so, I would be screwed on the bossfight. <- I will think about this one, maybe using gloves but not sure for the 6L
Last edited by Lucr4in on Oct 3, 2016, 5:48:31 PM
Revision 1.1

[x] Changed the Main Link Setup. It now looks this way:

We swapped out our main curse Assasin's Mark for Warlod's Mark, that way we can swap out Life Leech from our main setup to increased critical strikes. The damage increase from roughly 20% more crit chance on our vortex is huge. After that I recoloured my gloves so that we have a "Curse on Orb of Storms" for single target fight. Another nice thing is that we now have +3 Endurance Charges while mapping, so we geht another extra 12% physical damage reduction.

[x] Added Atziri kill video. https://youtu.be/vJVFWeostGU

[x]Changed my amulet to

Because of this change I lost like 450ES, but gained 8% Hit chance from the accuracy rating. This also gave me a nice damage boost.
Revision 2.1

[x] Changed out setup for main proccing spell as following:

I've put cyclone in gloves rolled with the horror essence. +3% crit chance to the spell brings me up to 88% crit chance with cyclone, before that I had like 60-65 ish %. The single target damage was increased heavily by this. For AoE clearing we still use cyclone is our 6L chest. This way this build does not even require a 6L chest, but rater a 6S one with 4L. The other 2 sockets are occupied with Bloodrage and Warlod's Mark, which needs to be casted on bosses now. Only downside is we need to cast shield charge to generate power charges in single target fights, but they stack up quickly.

[x] I also added more gear with accuracy to the setup, so we now have 89% chance to hit, which also is a huge dps increase:

I will be putting up some screenshots later to compare crit chance, dps and stuff.
Revision 2.2

[x] Added Screenshots in "Sceenshots" section for Offensive and Defensives setups.
Revision 2.3
The build is finally getting into shape!

[x] Switched in new helm socket

Orb of Storm + Power Charge on Crit gives us more power charge generation during boss fight.

[x] Added a Core Run, sadly is has some deaths in it. Didn't really focus that run (like starting with AoE sockets). Just to show its possible, will focus on killing Guardians now.
[x] Added new Videos
Build looks really nice. 1 question though. How do you deal with stuns?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info