[2.4] THE FREEZERATOR. Dual Cospri's Malice Crit Assassin Lacerate. Frostbolt/Arctic Breath/Vortex

If you guys want to maximize your dps then you should go for:

Arctic Breath, Frostbolt, Cold Pen

Arctic Breath, Ice Nova, Cold Pen

This is what im currently running and everything just gets wrecked. It kinda doubles the dps too when you fight against bosses.

If you wanna increase your dps by a huge amount you can do the following:

Disciple, Ass Mark(provided you have life, mana leech enchant on bootS), Blasphemy, Enlighten Lv 4 and Herald of Ice elsewhere. You can go even further and try getting Wrath or Anger but im gonna guess that youre gonna need another Enlighten Lv4 for that to work. You kinda need a big mana pool(as far as i can see, over 1000 atleast) for it to work without another Lv4 Enlighten.
"
sp3tan wrote:

This is what im currently running and everything just gets wrecked. It kinda doubles the dps too when you fight against bosses.

Disciple, Ass Mark(provided you have life, mana leech enchant on bootS), Blasphemy, Enlighten Lv 4 and Herald of Ice elsewhere. You can go even further and try getting Wrath or Anger but im gonna guess that youre gonna need another Enlighten Lv4 for that to work. You kinda need a big mana pool(as far as i can see, over 1000 atleast) for it to work without another Lv4 Enlighten.

Wrong.

Having 4 spells in 2 Cospri's Malice absolutely does nothing to maximize your DPS. You are literally alternating between spells and wasting potentially 1 support gem on each weapon setup.

Cospri's Malice can only proc 1 ice spell per weapon per hit, having 2 spells in 1 weapon is a quality of life choice for clearing packs and not "maximizing dps".

For true "maximized dps" you'd use:

Arctic Breath -> Conc Effect -> Cold Pen

In some situations Arctic Breath -> Inc Crit -> Cold Pen might be better depending on your current crit chance and crit multi.

For the record, Cospri's Malice has a 100ms cooldown per weapon.
At 100% crit chance you would need 10 attacks per second / 20 hits per second to maximize proc rate.

20 Arctic Breaths per second with Conc Effect and Cold Pen is much stronger than...
10 Arctic Breaths, 5 Frostbolt, 5 Ice Nova per second with only Cold Pen.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 28, 2016, 7:45:28 PM
Yeah not only is that not maximizing anything, but really just wasting a gem slot, but I also don't see the point in Ice Nova. You've already got great range with lacerate and projectile spells, so Ice nova really isn't going to hit very many things. It's an even bigger waste than 2 spells in the same weapon.

Since literally any set up wrecks maps with total ease, it seems to me the only way to set up the character is vs tougher bosses. In that respect, I still say best set up is:

"
VixTrader wrote:
Yeah not only is that not maximizing anything, but really just wasting a gem slot, but I also don't see the point in Ice Nova. You've already got great range with lacerate and projectile spells, so Ice nova really isn't going to hit very many things. It's an even bigger waste than 2 spells in the same weapon.

Since literally any set up wrecks maps with total ease, it seems to me the only way to set up the character is vs tougher bosses. In that respect, I still say best set up is:

Actually ice nova spreads as much as vortex does when frostbolt procs them. I only changed out vortex with ice nova and i could literally do Minotaur all of the sudden. I took in HoI, got my jewels better, lvl 20 gems and i could do it even faster. Atleast my DPS against mobs have doubled in comparison to almost a week ago when i was doing the setup "recomended" here.

Ill try it out with Arctic breath only but i odnt think its gonna change much.

EDIT: No dps increase with Conc effect? Or am i just being dumb here?
Last edited by sp3tan on Oct 29, 2016, 3:57:04 AM
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
sp3tan wrote:

Wrong.

Having 4 spells in 2 Cospri's Malice absolutely does nothing to maximize your DPS. You are literally alternating between spells and wasting potentially 1 support gem on each weapon setup.

Cospri's Malice can only proc 1 ice spell per weapon per hit, having 2 spells in 1 weapon is a quality of life choice for clearing packs and not "maximizing dps".

For true "maximized dps" you'd use:

In some situations Arctic Breath -> Inc Crit -> Cold Pen might be better depending on your current crit chance and crit multi.

For the record, Cospri's Malice has a 100ms cooldown per weapon.
At 100% crit chance you would need 10 attacks per second / 20 hits per second to maximize proc rate.

20 Arctic Breaths per second with Conc Effect and Cold Pen is much stronger than...
10 Arctic Breaths, 5 Frostbolt, 5 Ice Nova per second with only Cold Pen.

Nah youre wrong. I just tested this against Minotaur and i had a very difficult time with your setup trying to deal the same amount of damage as my setup does.
It is beacuase same spell in difference malice share the same cooldown, thats why ur dps halves with arctic breath in both malices.

I also see no point to use 2 skills in thr same malice, waste of dps. Except for fun purpose. My setting is cold pen/life leech for survivability.

Still trying to find the BIS skill for mine, top dps choices for single target are Frostbolt. Freezing pulse and glacial cascade. Now I just use whatever I can find 21/20
"
cheyui wrote:
It is beacuase same spell in difference malice share the same cooldown, thats why ur dps halves with arctic breath in both malices.

I also see no point to use 2 skills in thr same malice, waste of dps. Except for fun purpose. My setting is cold pen/life leech for survivability.

Still trying to find the BIS skill for mine, top dps choices for single target are Frostbolt. Freezing pulse and glacial cascade. Now I just use whatever I can find 21/20

I wasn't aware there was a global cooldown on skill gems of the same name. If that is the case, one arctic breath and one frostbolt is indeed the way to go.

Just swapped in a Frostbolt and the damage difference is noticeable. It's hard to tell I'm losing procs of Arctic Breath when I'm casting 10 a second.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Oct 29, 2016, 6:09:51 AM
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
cheyui wrote:

I wasn't aware there was a global cooldown on skill gems of the same name. If that is the case, one arctic breath and one frostbolt is indeed the way to go.
But what would be the last gem on a malice then?

EDIT: alright putting Conc effect WITH arctic breath and just have frostbolt, ice nova alone with cold pen on both malices actually makes more sense in terms of getting more dps. I just killed minotaur so damn effortlessly and it went quicker too.
Last edited by sp3tan on Oct 29, 2016, 6:13:16 AM
Minotaur, Phoenix deathless is possible. Hydra is a bit harder but you can do it if you dont screw up. Chimera however is the hardest for this build.
"
Nah youre wrong. I just tested this against Minotaur and i had a very difficult time with your setup trying to deal the same amount of damage as my setup does.

The only time having 2 spells in the same malice would put out more DPS is if you were attacking a larger mob. Then the overlap of lacerate hits will have a chance to proc more often. That's why mapping with 4 spells is smoother.

But vs a single target there's just no way that double spell in a single malice puts out more DPS then a single spell and an extra support gem.

Perhaps the reason you're "feeling" like the DPS is so high is because every boss experience, even the same boss is different every time. Maybe it just so happens that every time you played the cleanest you happened to have the double spell. And every time you had tougher map mods or played a little sloppy you had single. Could be just happen stance...

But from a pure math and game code perspective, single spell + support will always be stronger vs single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info