[2.4] [SC/HC] Lazy's Orb Build - Assassin Ele Prolif Magma Orb with Vaal RF and MoM [Build for lazy]

Hello guys (sorry my english),

My last build I got tired a little of it, despite being efficient I was tired of throwing traps, wanted something easier. I was wanting something as easy as the glorious times of the Burning Arrow elemental prolif and as I wanted something using spells and some time I looked with favor Magma Orb.

The problem I've seen is that Magma Orb before patch 2.4, had not increased its distance with projectile speed. But now it has 2.4. :D

MO has pierce, splash (aoe) damage and travels a long distance, which seems perfect. Not to mention that the base damage seems very good. With plus to have 125% of damage effectiveness, very good you have a dagger with flat fire damage and lightning damage (more 50% of damage when shock).

Like all build need, usually, a support gem that increases the clear speed against a "less damage" (except IAoE, but minefield, cluster/mult traps, LMP or GMP). Then I think that elemental proliferation serves the purpose.

Vaal RF will be used against bosses, but with care (mainly hardcore, this builds is based on life, not in ES - but can be CI).

I must mention that I inspired me in the miur's build Crit Flameblast / Vaal RF Assassin (HC).

I used an old character in the standard league to make rapid tests, as I saw that apparently goes right, I will now try doing a character from start. I did a video below with a quick test in The Dried Lake the showing how work.

After I will update this topics with more informations.

Goal with this build:
- Very very easy to play, powerfull and very fast to clear, a true build for lazy.
- Kill all white and blue mobs just using 1 Magma Orb.
- Cheap version and rich version (10 Grand Spectrum).
- Tank enough to be viable hardcore.
- Accumulate as much AoE the tree + gear to avoid having to use Increased AoE gem.
- The defensive set based on MoM + largue free pool mana (using only clarity max level and AA) + gear + others temporary defenses (flasks + fortify).

How it work?
Basically Magma Orb + Elemental Proliferation to kill all, and Vaal Righteous Fire against bosses or other unique mob. With Ambush (Assassin Class) + at least 47,5% of critical chance you'll have 95% of critical chance.

With Assassin Mark you'll have 100% of critical chance against enemies, then use Ass Mark only against bosses/unique mobs and use your Vaal RF - take care in hardcore with Vaal RF only use with mobs close, because you cannot leech of your total life only with one mob - the bosses will burning enough. Immediately use Flammability to increase the damage. The more life you have, the stronger your Vaal RF (you can have easily more 5K HP).

Videos
Spoiler
Fast test in The Dried Lake(level 82 and cheap version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwTYaa7rtlg

Ascendancy
Yes, Assassin is the King this build. Ambush is the priority and mandatory. Assassinate is a very good plus. The rest you go to Deadly Infusion.

Make your way in order to Ambush > Assassinate > Unstable Fusion > Deadly Infusion.

DAMAGE
Spoiler
It will be updated. :)

Leveling Guide
Spoiler
It will be updated. :)

Passive Tree
Cheap version
Level 84

Full Build

Rich version with 10 Grand Spectrum (500% increased elemental damage)
Level 85

Full Build

CI version (more damage to Vaal RF):
Full Build

CI version with 12 Grand Spectrum (720% of increased elemental damage)
Full Build

Unique items
Spoiler
Cloak of Flame

Must have it. Great option to hardcore. Nice physical damage mitigation. Well rolled you can have until 50% more ignite damage. You dont need use this to CI version.

Winds of Change

Must have it. More projectile speed, damage and life.

Mantra of Flames

Must have it if cheap version. Flat fire damage to you, based on your buffs.

Grand Spectrum (Viridian Jewel)

Must have it if rich version. Huge elemental damage.

Optional but very useful
Dagger:
Divinarius
The AoE bonus + spell damage + critical chance + mana/life gain on kill is perfect to this build. I prefere a rare dagger instead this.
Cost: around 20-30c
Attack speed: medium

Sword:
Daresso's Passion
Perma (60 to 80)% increased Damage (it double dips with ignite) while you have no Frenzy Charges, with this +3 natural Frenzy charges you'll have 3 frenzy charges (in other words, 12% of cast speed, 12% of attack speed and 12% MORE DAMAGE).
Cost: 1 alchemy
Attack speed: medium/high with 4 Frenzy charges.

Razor of the Seventh Sun
100% increased Burning Damage if you've Ignited an Enemy Recently, recover 1% of Maximum Life when you Ignite an Enemy. Interesting.
Cost: 2c.
Attack speed: low.

Chitu's Needle
Mana, 30% increased Elemental Damage, critical multiplier.
Cost: 1 alchemy.
Attack speed: high.

Rare Items
A rare good dagger with at least 140% critical chance to spells (global + spell) is very good and flat fire damage. Flat fire damage in the dagger is very important because that Magma Orb has 125% of damage effectiveness. Plus is flat lightning damage to spells (50% more damage), critical multiplier and attack speed in the dagger. Rare shield with life, res and critical chance to spells. The rest of gear the normal: life, mana and resists.

Example of Gear:
Spoiler
Gear 10/02/2016

Links
Spoiler
5L: Magma Orb + Critical Chance + Elemental Proliferation + Fire Penetration + Critical Damage
+ 6L: Empower or Added Cold Damage gem using Pyre

4L: Vaal Righteous Fire + Critical Chance + Concentrated Effect + Life Leech

If you have very critical chance (at least 47,5 no critical chance gem) remove this gem and use fire penetration.
Auras and buffs
You'll use only Clarity max level + Arctic Armour.
Stone Golem can be used.

Bandits
Life version: Oak, kill, kill.
CI version: kill all

Curses
Self cast Assassin Mark and Flammability. If you want, you can use Doedre's ring and add Elemental Weakness. Before hit the enemies with Vaal RF use Ass Mark and Flam. During the burning damage use Flam and Ele Weak.

Jewels
Mantra of Flames and rare jewels, life + Fire Damage + Projectile/Area Damage.
If rich version, 8 Gran spectrum.

Cast When Damage Taken defense
Basic and mandatory set CwdT (Level 1) + Immortal Call (Level 3) + Increased Duration (max level, if possible q20%) + Arctic Breath. Your Immortal Call will save your life many times and Arctic Breath (Level 4) will chill the ground and complicate to enemies.

You can have other CwdT set CwdT (Level 1) + Greater Multiples Projectiles + Lightning Ball + Knockback. With this you can away very efficiently threats that are very close to you.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 20, 2016, 9:07:31 PM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2017, 5:36:00 AM
Reserved.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Well people I did many test with this build and the final conclusion is: not worth it. The miur's build Crit Flameblast / Vaal RF Assassin (HC) is much better.

This is not worth it for 2 reasons:
1 - Life based is very weak to one shot bosses in high level maps T9+ with Vaal RF. ES based (CI) works very well because of high base damage of the largue ES pool (9k+);
2 - The damage done by elemental proliferation of Magma Orb starts to get a little weak in T9+ maps. Any pack or mod that increases resistance to elemental damage already starts to get disappointing.

Coupled with the fact that your Vaal RF is weak because it is based on life, bosses become a headache T9+.

But I have not given up to create a build based fire damage proliferation. I'll try with Detonate Dead without Vaal RF. I think Detonate Dead has the potential to have enough damage, perhaps not as much as Flameblast, but enough to clear the maps same high level.

This time I'll test before with a new character, if it works create a topic in the future showing.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 9, 2016, 3:27:56 PM
I am leveling with it and it is quite nice.
I don't play very well, so for me it is fun.

On hardcore Essence.
AD MAJOREM SATHANAS GLORIAM!!!
"
petru_matei wrote:
I am leveling with it and it is quite nice.
I don't play very well, so for me it is fun.

On hardcore Essence.

WoW... I made several test and I really did not like the results. But my version is based on life and no Grand Spectrum. If you use CI version and has 10 Grand Spectrum is very likely that it works very well, but be prepared for the costs, it will be very expensive.

edit: I managed to optimize a little over the CI version tree and get more 1 socket, then you can get 11 Grand Spectrum, which is 605% of elemental damage.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 12, 2016, 6:56:59 PM
I am level 52 right now, I don't play much.

As a leveling guide, it's pretty nice.

http://poeplanner.com/AAMAALxBQU1HQVFNQVFrVjhsNWY3OWJRNDVSbU1ObFZMWWVJbWxZblRjRklxQzEzeURrZ1JsZ2NlbFM3dzFVbFJmOGFpbzFGMEdvR21tUmFfTmoyZHFteU1ZcXdyQ2hFdjYyT1RKMndMSXZSdEdRajB3RlJxUTd6cWxfUlNVejFmbDVWTXM2NnpRWllGUXREMUJBZUQyMVhHT2xnc25CRXRmSVByN3ByZ1JaMHkwVVZId0dZRXM2SUE4QjlvOGc9PQAQQUFBQ0FBZlFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

How I put the points.
AD MAJOREM SATHANAS GLORIAM!!!
Cool. If in the future you want to test an CI version, I managed to optimize a little over a tree and now has 12 slots:

CI 12 Grand Spectrum = 720% of increased elemental damage
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 21, 2016, 5:24:48 AM
I have the pretense of resurrecting this build, without grand spectrum jewels, it will be the second build that I will test in softcore.

But I will make some modifications in the tree and I will use this new jewel, that will have total synergy with this build.

I update the topic later.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 6, 2017, 5:48:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info