What are the excuses you heard the most when trading

"
FCK42 wrote:
Other guy: offer
Me: *making a slightly above average offer*
Other guy: sorry, never really wanted to sell that thing.

Or when I want to buy stuff:
"Sry, currently in map"
"Sry, currently in lab"
"Autoreply: This player is AFK."

These responses are understandable but just magnifies the underlying core problem that PoE has always had with the way GGG implemented trading. With so many posts over the years and to-date GGG not making any change to allow for setting a buyout price and allowing a buyer to buy the item without needing the seller's one on one interaction (the asynchronous trading solution) we should all be outraged that GGG is not coding this into PoE. All I can do is continue my own personal protest and not buy anything. GGG won't go broke over one player's refusal to buy over changes to improve PoE quality of trade life that have been needed since day 1 but at least I'm on record as doing this. Not that GGG gives a damn about their awful trade mechanics.

If enough 1000s of players boycott mtx to protest that we want asynchronous trading then maybe some one will sit up and take notice. So far this has not happened.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
No answer is the best and most excuse I've heard. Though they just said nothing who I can't really care.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Sep 29, 2016, 1:48:26 PM
them: "i saw it for 3c "

me: "buy that one then gl"

what annoys me is a few times, ppl expect your price to be the price of the corrupted ones listed .. that bugs me lmao..
but yeah iam like
"pfft the corrupt one is more expensive" .. idk i had someone offer under the corrupted's price .. wtf! LOL

some item was like idk 1exalt but theres like 20 corrupted ones listed for like 10c
Last edited by CaoMengde on Sep 29, 2016, 2:29:18 PM
i love the comments..

Me: getting an offer on a jewel unique leap viridan, dont think i wanna sell 11 c
offerer: is only 15 on market tho.
¨

hm meh... 2 sec later trade comes in...

hello wanna buy for 17 c u listed just now, again listen for 20c got an offer 4 sec later..

3 buyers :S
end result i earned 9 more c xD
The vast majority of the time there is no problem at all, but if anything bad does happen the excuse is usually "That was a counter offer" when the person changes the poe.trade copy paste message. Then my excuse is, sorry price went up.
I don't get it when people list their item as a 'buyout' instead of an exact price, and then complain when people make them offers.

If you don't want offers, why not list as 'exact price'?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I've bought stuff before and when the trade window comes up, they put in an item with different amount of sockets and links. Usually I'm trying to just hurry, so I don't make a big deal of it, but maybe I should start calling them out on it. I suppose it's easy enough to get mixed up if you're selling more than one of an item (I was buying a white to craft), but sellers need to pay attention to the poe.trade copy-pasta where it gives the item position.

As a seller, I've had people just whisper me saying stuff like, "I want to buy your es ring." Just makes me sigh as I have to teach yet another person about the whisper button on poe.trade.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I don't get it when people list their item as a 'buyout' instead of an exact price, and then complain when people make them offers.

If you don't want offers, why not list as 'exact price'?

Agreed. but one thing I should add, I've tried listing stuff for "exact price" and found out no one respected that
Oblivious
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:00:25 PM
xyz been listed for 3 months.

to which I retort I only play every 3 months you dummy

take it or leave it i dont need sale

I much prefer honestly in my ppl that low ball. Liek just say I offer 3ex instead of 5ex and be done with it. I will say yes or not. simple short sweet. dont wanna hear story of ur life. I'll never sell to that person at discount pretty much with any excuse
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 29, 2016, 5:22:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info