What are the excuses you heard the most when trading

Things that people say to make you sell underprice when trading, for me not a day pass without having this:

1. But I bought another jewel similar to yours only for 1C

2. But there's ONE one POETRADE in sale for only 3c (and you can see every single other sell it at 6 to 8c)

What BS people say to you when trading?
Last bumped on Oct 5, 2016, 10:48:16 AM
Man, idk about you, but I hate when people overprice their stuff.
I had this one gem I wanted to buy, guy didn't have a price on it.
When I messaged him he said "offer"

it was a gem with 12% fire/lightning, 8% all res, and 5% life on it.

I offered 12 chaos.
He said no.
I laughed, and bought another gem, 10% fire/lightning, 9% all res, 6% life for 10 chaos.
A bit interested, I messaged him "now I'm not trying to low ball you, but what were you expecting as an offer?"
He came back with "About 30c, lots of life, very good resists"

If your jewel is only like, 2% 'better' than other jewels and you expect to get over 300% of the value of that jewel, a lot of us are gonna laugh and just move on to the next guy, because we value our currency enough to get a good deal.

(A good deal you've provided me 9 times this league already, so don't take this rant as a personal attack)
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
There are people on both sides of the fence: the ones who try to lowball and the ones who overprice. Add a generous sprinkling of people who are honestly confused and misprice stuff and some fake listings and we arrive at the current situation :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Other guy: offer
Me: *making a slightly above average offer*
Other guy: sorry, never really wanted to sell that thing.

Or when I want to buy stuff:
"Sry, currently in map"
"Sry, currently in lab"
"Autoreply: This player is AFK."
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I don't see a problem with the "in a map" or "in the lab" responses because most people play this game to play not to hang out in their hideout waiting for someone to want to buy stuff. What I hate is when they just ignore you.
"
abrechma wrote:
I don't see a problem with the "in a map" or "in the lab" responses because most people play this game to play not to hang out in their hideout waiting for someone to want to buy stuff. What I hate is when they just ignore you.

The autoreply message update was a step in the right direction to handle lab runners and such but the fact that we need to retype it/copy paste it in each new area is still annoying.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
I agree with FCK42. 90% of the time: "Hi I want to buy X for .... (...)".
"Hello?"
*crickets*

of course I understand it, I guess, but can get hard to reach people :P
"
FCK42 wrote:
Other guy: offer
Me: *making a slightly above average offer*
Other guy: sorry, never really wanted to sell that thing.

Or when I want to buy stuff:
"Sry, currently in map"
"Sry, currently in lab"
"Autoreply: This player is AFK."

this is so fucking true
Has 38/40 challenges 2 weeks into the league

"I don't have 5c, will you take 3 chance, 32 armor scraps, 7 alts and 4 jewellers instead?"
"Sir, we can't accept this for payment. It's just a piece of string and a lollipop."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info