Standard vs League

My view of standard is here

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1734319

Problem is there are few good leagues and I refuse to play every single league unless it is actually good, which is not often.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
For me it's easy - Standard league only. Why? Four reasons:

1) I love the end game and end game mapping
2) I have limited play time
3) I play self found
4) I want my achievements to last

Number 2 and 3 makes number 1 difficult in leagues.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 3, 2016, 9:05:39 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:

3) I play self found

1. You can do that in leagues just as well.
2. So does the league.
3. Again, another reason why you should play leagues over standard?
4. You achieve the same in a league, but get more for it.

And if the league ends, you still have everything in standard, so I don't see why you would choose to play standard if you claim to care about above points.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

3) I play self found

2. So does the league.

And if the league ends, you still have everything in standard, so I don't see why you would choose to play standard if you claim to care about above points.

Well, I'm very glad you have so much insight into my life and my available play time, that you with certainty can say that I WILL enjoy mapping high end maps - with self found gear - in leagues.

As I sometimes am down to 2-3 hours a week, that becomes hard. But by all means, that makes around 50 hours a league, with self found gear... Reaching high tiers? Absolutely possible, but not with my play style.

We are different :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

3) I play self found

POE has a terrible end game especially self found. You run content way easy for you 95% of the time and they force you to drop currency (the games currency sink) to get 5% good level appropriate maps. If you don't trade you'll rarely run where you should be. Even less than 5%.

Some examples I'm 89 in ladder and still breezing through 7-9 maps when I should be in like 13s+ every map

In std many toons can do 16s and uber and shaper. Instead I get a shot at them <5% of time and run 12s mostly.

It's terrible. By design. D3 has best end game.
Git R Dun!
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

3) I play self found

2. So does the league.

Well, I'm very glad you have so much insight into my life and my available play time, that you with certainty can say that I WILL enjoy mapping high end maps - with self found gear - in leagues.

As I sometimes am down to 2-3 hours a week, that becomes hard. But by all means, that makes around 50 hours a league, with self found gear... Reaching high tiers? Absolutely possible, but not with my play style.

We are different :)

There's no need to be hostile. I was only sharing my opinion and take on your comment, trying to think with you so you might get more out of your time on PoE. I certainly have no insight into your life, otherwise perhaps I would have not posted this. :)

I try to get into leagues everytime they start, but I usually get bored with it before my character completes Merciless. I also get kinda depressed when i see msgs like "x is the first to enter XXX in Act 3 Cruel" while I'm still languishing my way thru normal difficulty, or when you realise the balance is way off with some skills.

Oh and I don't trade anymore, so yeah league is kind of pointless for me...never going to find nothing decent self found, so find myself going back to standard pretty early after league starts with some decent gear and just respeccing old characters. Can't imagine doing AoW self found either in league, at tleast in Standard i was able to unlock most of it doing legacy maps.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

3) I play self found

POE has a terrible end game especially self found. You run content way easy for you 95% of the time and they force you to drop currency (the games currency sink) to get 5% good level appropriate maps. If you don't trade you'll rarely run where you should be. Even less than 5%.

Some examples I'm 89 in ladder and still breezing through 7-9 maps when I should be in like 13s+ every map

In std many toons can do 16s and uber and shaper. Instead I get a shot at them <5% of time and run 12s mostly.

It's terrible. By design. D3 has best end game.

D3 has its own giant flaws. Their endgame does by far not outweigh them for most players. It's casual to the core. Limited builds, often even single "best" builds per class, some classes don't even see play because they are not competitive enough towards endgame etc.

Typical Blizzard QoL as well with free gear sets at start of seasons etc. It's nice for casual players. PoE offers a much greater challenge and far better diversity imo.

"
Xavathos wrote:

There's no need to be hostile. I was only sharing my opinion and take on your comment, trying to think with you so you might get more out of your time on PoE. I certainly have no insight into your life, otherwise perhaps I would have not posted this. :)

Wasn' trying to be hostile, I just got the impression that you were telling me how much time I have available, and what I am able to achieve in leagues :P
temp leagues are a young persons game. us oldish peeps got other shit to do....

temp leagues are where you should go if you are optimistic and new to the game willing to spend an ungodly amount of time climbing.

but once you feel you have enough stuff there is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging it up and settling into standard .

That is what i did and i am very happy with how surprisingly lively the place is .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info