[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
baaxah wrote:
Hello,

First of all thank you very much for this guide, I was looking forward to try a channeling spell and I found this topic by chance :) It's is nice having the community exchanging opinions

About the stats to choose on the weapon: what about % increase fire damage and adds X to Y fire damage ? (not to spell!)
How do you compare them to the pure % increase damage and % elemental damage ?

Cheers

% increase fire damage is as good as % increase damage or % elemental damage. Add X to Y fire damage does nothing to spells. Sidenote: Add X to Y fire damage TO SPELLS screws us over because of Elemental Equilibrium, don't pick those weapons.
Last edited by Wermine on Dec 8, 2016, 8:50:00 AM
Sorry for repeating myself but this thread moves somewhat fast. Would anyone be able to comment on my concerns?

Spoiler
"
Greenocide wrote:
I'm currently playing this build on HC breach and I'm kinda worried about a couple things before I move on into T8+

No Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver makes you vulnerable in fights where there's a constant stream of incoming damage and you can't reliably dodge for sustained periods of time so the regen can kick in. I'm thinking Kaom in abyss, guardians or the stupid totems in the volcano map. It seems to me like you're reliant on one use of vaal discipline and the nukes finishing the job fast enough.

Breaches are another example where you can't consistently dodge all the time and have to have some sort of leech.

Would the 0.2 provided by Doryani's be sufficient? I imagine it would with the amount of damage FB does.

I was also wondering if the 3 points spent at 8% ele dmg and a jewel slot near Whispers of Doom would be better spent at 30% ele dmg near Trickery (with the possibility of +26% in the 2 subsequent nodes).

Also would Energy Shield on Shield (near Annihilation) be worth the 2 point investment, assuming a 400ish ES shield?

Also what kind of utility flask setup would you guys pick for survivability + good anti bleed/freeze/shock uptime?
"
Greenocide wrote:
Sorry for repeating myself but this thread moves somewhat fast. Would anyone be able to comment on my concerns?

Spoiler
"
Greenocide wrote:
I'm currently playing this build on HC breach and I'm kinda worried about a couple things before I move on into T8+

No Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver makes you vulnerable in fights where there's a constant stream of incoming damage and you can't reliably dodge for sustained periods of time so the regen can kick in. I'm thinking Kaom in abyss, guardians or the stupid totems in the volcano map. It seems to me like you're reliant on one use of vaal discipline and the nukes finishing the job fast enough.

Breaches are another example where you can't consistently dodge all the time and have to have some sort of leech.

Would the 0.2 provided by Doryani's be sufficient? I imagine it would with the amount of damage FB does.

I was also wondering if the 3 points spent at 8% ele dmg and a jewel slot near Whispers of Doom would be better spent at 30% ele dmg near Trickery (with the possibility of +26% in the 2 subsequent nodes).

Also would Energy Shield on Shield (near Annihilation) be worth the 2 point investment, assuming a 400ish ES shield?

Also what kind of utility flask setup would you guys pick for survivability + good anti bleed/freeze/shock uptime?

* VAAL PACT / GHOST REAVER
"

Ghost Reaver has been brought up for several times. It indeed looks pretty cool on paper. :D

OP intentionally skipped some detail mechanism explanations of the build because they may be too lengthy for most players. :D But will try to explain more on this topic here.

Before the explanation, there is a little background you may want to know, that OP always considers the toughest scenario when theory-crafting a build, where the char has to one-on-one fight against the most end-game boss. Therefore, all "on kill", "killed recently" effects are off the table. If the build can handle this worst scenario, it can handle others pretty easily.

Some numbers you need to know: by default, the cap of a single leech instance is 2% of your max. life/ES per second; while the absolute cap. for multiple leech instance is 20%; unless the char has Vaal Pact. Therefore on a one-on-one boss fight, the max. leech you can get from the boss is 2% of max. ES per second. For a char who has 12k ES this cap is 240 ES/second. Now you can see how trivial the number is comparing to the ES recharge rate which sites on like 5-6k/second. Besides, the mumber is even much smaller in a real fight because the char simply does not standing there doing constant hits on bosses. It is simply not the play style of the build. Therefore while Ghost Reaver looks nice on paper, it provides little for the build, especially in a worst scenario.

For mapping where you can hit multiple mobs, leech may help more. But since the char only deliver 1-3 stack FB when mapping, the leech won't be ridiculously high as well.

If you manage to take the Vaal Pact notable, there is no limit to the leech cap anymore. But the char only has 0.2% leech from the weapon, therefore for a 10-stack FB that gives a 200k hit on a boss, the char will get 200k*0.2%=400 ES leech. Not so much as well.

However, if you want to practise the ultimate move more safely, you can try to get both Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact. The move can deliver over 1 million hit if executed properly. In this scenario, even the 0.2% leech will gives "1 million * 0.2% = 2000 ES" which is instant recovery. It will prevent your char from death when she has degen debuff on.

Despite of the analysis above, feel free to take Ghost Reaver if it suits your need. You are welcome to take experiment on the tree and share your result here. :D

my word , I personally prefer Ghost Reaver but it is up to your playstyle.

Also, get some defensive flash such as Rumi

"

Get the one nears Trickery first. Those 3 points which are near Whispers of Doom is optional.

"

Good idea but again, it is optional. I would rather spend my points on to global increase ES.

"

Standard Flash for CI . Anti-bleed, freeze, shock with reduced charge uses or increase duration or flask charge gains.

Thanks for explaining. Solid advice all around.
"
Greenocide wrote:

Spoiler
"
Greenocide wrote:

I've cleared the 3 most common breaches now (all 3 1 shot) you can absolutely get by with vaal disc: Starting the instance with a strong blast clears everything out and you can just run around chaining more FBs after; your Vaal blast comes back up almost instantly in breaches if you get in trouble. I don't think the lifesteal from ghostreaver is worth it, for exactly the reason OP explained, which is that you're not leaching from more than 1-10 targets with only 1 item most of the time. The Sorrow of the Divine is a nice flask for a ghetto healing item (zealots oath / concecrate) as well as a good 10 stack FB with the 40% dmg, I recommend trying it. Otherwise I just run anti freezing and bleed flasks, the main flask effect isn't too important but quicksilver is a good option for speed clears.

Regarding the shield on ES nodes can you please tell me where they are? I looked all around the Annihilation node right outside the Witch Tree and couldnt find anything except block to spells.
Last edited by StalinsGhost on Dec 8, 2016, 9:32:35 PM
Hey, I got Suuuuuuuper lucky today and chanced Skyforths and I bought a shavronnes and 6 linked it and I was wondering if it was possible to use them on this build. I really like this build but want to use these items If you could reply with a different tree to use for lowlife that would be great as well.
Thanks in advance

My Gear
Spoiler

Any of you fellas tried the pizza totems? What are the advantages of selfcast vs totems with Flameblast? Some skills work great on totems vs selfcast, some don't, and I have zero experience with Flameblast.
"
Reloads wrote:
Hey, I got Suuuuuuuper lucky today and chanced Skyforths and I bought a shavronnes and 6 linked it and I was wondering if it was possible to use them on this build. I really like this build but want to use these items If you could reply with a different tree to use for lowlife that would be great as well.
Thanks in advance

My Gear
Spoiler

......You got GG items man......

It's pretty flexible to switch to low life. Just respec the CI keystone and use the spare points to get more ES% nodes. For example, something like this:

Last edited by loonger on Dec 9, 2016, 12:22:29 AM
Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
Regarding the shield on ES nodes can you please tell me where they are? I looked all around the Annihilation node right outside the Witch Tree and couldnt find anything except block to spells.

North of our starting point is a jewel node. It's left from there. Strangely it's not a notable, but a standard small passive node.

Regarding to that passive: If I have 400 es shield, do I get 400 * 40% = 160 flat ES? Or does the 40% just add to the shields percentual ES prefix? Because 160 flat would mean 800 more ES on character after our passive %ES nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info