Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

Removing JUST Cruel? NO, please

This game is so inspired by Final Fantasy: the Materia and socket system from FF7, the Sphere Grid from FF10.... so why not to take inspiration from FF8 too? In other words: MOBS ADAPTS TO YOUR LEVEL.

Player lvl 50? All mobs lvl 50. Level up to 51? All mobs become 51, too. And so on

So not removing Cruel, but creating a game with ONE level of difficulty, IMO. Because we are so broken "there below", finding 1227389734872386523 times the Baleful gem and the Maligaro spike for poisoning the damn tree, and the Ribbon spool and the Taumetic sulphite for burning the damn Undying blockage....
Last edited by Wispo on Jan 4, 2017, 3:28:15 AM
i always join a game when its about to turn into a casual fest.
"
Ygidua wrote:

The issue is that there just isn´t anything challenging in leveling to 68 and even the maps are not particularly difficult. What is difficult are the bosses, shaper & co or tier 12+ maps.

Therefore, it makes sense to give people the chance to actually play those instead of having them waste weeks to get there.

When I played POE for the first time, I quit at Cruel, as it was boring to do the same again, without any real challenge or new mechanics. At D2, we also had that problem, but there we at least had more difficult monsters, that had immunities, or we unlocked new mercenaries and stuff.
POE offers nothing, the mobs in cruel die as easy as in A1 normal, they are still the same and especially A3 and A4 are tiresome, due the lack of rewards.

Exactly this!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
HammerofNatsu wrote:
i always join a game when its about to turn into a casual fest.

It isn't though.

The removal of cruel is a good thing for everyone, nobody likes it, it's not challenging content and it's just the same as normal and merciless with slightly different numbers.

Nobody will miss cruel, 2x5 acts beats 3x4 acts.
"
Wispo wrote:
Player lvl 50? All mobs lvl 50. Level up to 51? All mobs become 51, too. And so on

So, what is the point of leveling then?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
*song queues* I'M SO EXCITED

AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT!!!

Just want to say a small shoutout to @CruelDifficulty.. RIP!!!!!!!!!! SYANARA! PEACE!!!! LATER BRO. #REKT, etc.

But in all seriousness on some real levels, I cannot wait for this. GGG, you guys are the best Dev's and are the main reason I continue to spend a countless # of hours (a.k.a a portion of my life) playing this masterpiece of a game. Looking forward to the many more countless hours to come! n___n

See you in the Breach, Exiles!
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Even without Cruel difficulty leveling still VERY and very annoying, time wasting, not fun, boring and useless thing in PoE!

If normal would get smaller (much smaller) area or gain much more exp in normal difficulty - it would improve game A LOT and make leveling actually less annoying.

How about another idea, characters start at level 100 and have everything unlocked? No more levelling, grinding, you have access to everything? Every boring content can be skipped! You can go stright for Shaper or whatever! How long the game would last? I did not play PoE much, I played other (similar too) games a lot. Playing seasons/leagues because of fresh start, because starting over, levelling and gearing up again (sometimes trying different builds) is the best part of this type games. In past I realised that reaching endgame (in any mmo game too), fully geared, top level, high-end gear is the point when game gets boring. What else to farm for? What to do with loads of currency/gold/gems/whatever?

Is cruel removal confirmed? There could be a different approach for reaching 10-act length, mainly reducing content in lower difficulties and adding more acts in higher ones, meaning you finish act1 3 times, but act 5 only once on highest diff.

There's also issues about some quest rewards, mainly passives and bandits. Passive rewards could be fixed by increasing passive rewards, instead of 1, to 2, as for bandits, some builds utilize cruel attack/cast speed rewards. So either could be added to a different quest in act5, or setup around: Normal(act1, 2), Cruel(act1, 2, 3), Merciless(acts 1-5), meaning no changes to bandit quests
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

Gaining skill points? ^_^
Being able to equip higher player's level requirement gear? ^_^
It's not only about the leveling-process not being challenging, which is very true, but no one is playing poe, because of it's questing or storyline. Those are the flaws of the game for sure, and that's why going 3 times through it is just too much. Actually i'd prefer not to re-do it a single time, but well, 2 times is better than 3 times.
Last edited by basta1982 on Jan 14, 2017, 4:30:41 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

Gaining skill points? ^_^
Being able to equip higher player's level requirement gear? ^_^

In case of enemy scaling, it looks slightly different in core. When you level up, you get weaker and weaker (instead of getting stronger), you have to get new gear and good passives to make up for the loss
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info