The Plan for Upcoming 2.4.x Patches

"
Faktorek wrote:
Why not go directly to DX12 skipping DX11?

because dx12 not work on windows 7.... DX11 its was the most of ppl use and wat most of video game use
Good to see we have a timeline for these changes, esp the new skills.
Sometime in the next 6 weeks eh? I can live with that. I'll just continue with my rampager for now/
dx11 mmmmmmmmmmmm

MMM
Me parece perfecto que quieran reparar las fallas

pero por favor antes de querer sacar mas microtransaciones o mas contenido, enfoquen todo su esfuerzo y trabajo en solucionar los problemas realmente importantes

como son los ping y latencias altas desconectes, congelamientos,o desconectes de lo contrario continuaremos sin poder jugar adecuadamente

pregunto ¿ de que sirve mas y mejor contenido si no se puede jugar ?

saludos y de verdad espero solucionen estos problemas

I always felt that a significant contributing fall of Hellgate was attempting to support multiple executables for 64bit vs 32bit vs dx9 vx dx10.

As long can GGG is not over-extending.
DirectX11? Aaah.

64-bit? Ahh, uhhh.

Very nice; I was exptecting X11 in 2017, so this is a nice surprise. And didn't think we'd get 64-bit either. Sweet.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Sounds awesome :) It's nice to see a tentative timeline for upcoming updates! Looking forward to it.
- Filthy Casual w/ a habit of SSF
So... I guess there's nothing much planned for fans of melee characters? Unless there are somehow melee channeling skills, but I'm finding that hard to imagine. Not a surprise, I guess, but it would be nice for viable melee options to include more than just a couple of skills plus the juggernaut ascendancy, or melee totems (which aren't actually melee builds).
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
"
keta wrote:
"
Faktorek wrote:
Why not go directly to DX12 skipping DX11?

because dx12 not work on windows 7.... DX11 its was the most of ppl use and wat most of video game use

Correct. Vulkan, however, works on all platforms, and provides basically the same benefits as DX12, since it's also a low-level API.

Great explanations here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fgEVEgK_k

and here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvioALNs_Bc

I'd love to see PoE add Vulkan support at some future date, once people have had more time to play around with it.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Last edited by Waitubold on Sep 26, 2016, 10:06:53 PM
"
Due to the number of dependencies dragged into 2.4.3 by the large engine update, we are essentially treating it as a technical pre-patch for the version that 2.5.0 is based on. That means that 2.4.3 is likely to contain more bug fixes and other minor changes than 2.5.0 itself will (as it'll be possible to deploy them early). This will hopefully lead to a very stable release for 2.5.0!

I am realy happy to read this. I think that its important to separate the big gamplay-contant patches for the technical patches.
Nice change :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info