[2.4] CI BV Pathfinder - Compilation of Best Solutions Strictly for CI (update 5.0 Last - Weird LL)

Problem i've had while building my CI Pathfinder : "There is no updated Strict CI version build which doesnt contain BS like 'LL transition**' or 'i just use it because i like this and that'...

I took me a really long time to compile stuff Streamers like Etup/Karv/Raiz/Ziggy used on their versions of the build that actually made it shine.

So after experimenting some failures and successes ill post here the compilation of best gear/gem combos/skill tree - strictly for CI - based on evaluation of 10-15 similar builds.

It's my personal experience which rated those best picks. Ive added transition to LL but i dont advice using it. Ill be testing just because its really retarded and requires some background knowledge - also only endgame bosses have left for me.

**Questions section contains Q/A for every question asked in this thread (BV CI related:P)**

Update no. 4, how to get more DPS to burst bosses faster. (mby ill post some guardians runs if i feel like recording sth)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------- ASCENDENCY TREE -------------------------------

1) Pick road to master surgeon first - Its the most important passive of PF, helps to maintain charges but be ready to have CD on Vessel of Vinktars without Overflowing Chalice

2) Elemental Alignments - this + stun are the highest priority problems to solve while being CI.

---------------------------- REGULAR TREE ----------------------------------

1) Throat Seeker or Jewel ? Throat seeker - in case if you go full crit dpsy setup, jewel in case of more defensive option.

2) ~150-200 mana is enough to run 8 stacks of BV on similar mana reservation to mine, which 93 and this tree provides. Enlighten 3 is a mandatory (BV either way is not cheap dont expect to run best build in the game poverty version), if you cannot afford +1 boots/gloves to boost Enlighten to lv4, skip Clarity.

3) LEAVE JEWELS FOR THE LAST LEVELS!

----------------------------------- GEAR -----------------------------------

1) CWDT with IC (obvious pick) + Tempest shield - the more STR you have to run higher version of those gems the better - Tempest shield provides a lot of ES leech with Rumis + Vinktars Up.

2) Herald of Thunder + COH + Assasins Mark - Yea powercharges - we need them as hell, additional 10% from quality combo allows to easly cap crit at 95% without hilariously expensive gear. (Im currently sitting at 85% with charges +10% assassin's).

INFO: IMPORTANT: If you cannot afford Enlighten 3 + Scion reservation nodes OR +1 boots/gloves OR Enlighten 4 - It will be very hard for you to pre 20stack BV before bosses like Uber Atziri or Guardians etc.

LEECH - Damage from herald im currently dealing like 50-2700 dmg per thunder ~1400 dmg per clush with flasks up, which directly translates to around 280 ES (not calculating res who cares)

Tempest shield + Herald is a really retarded survival combo for Vinktars BV.

3) Overflowing Chalice - Some people replace that slot with Basalt flask, to be honest with 17k on discipline and 12k without with current defences NOT MUCH can kill me so i dont care about basalt, but i care about having PERM Vinktars up - even on single bosses. With Chalice up Vinktars is almost Perm Up.

4) Dagger - Craft it. Its retarded people post them for 1-2ex + for SpellCrit/Lightning damage (Must be lightning damage to help with leech from Vinktars! NO EXCEPTIONS). Ive crafted mine in like 7c worth of alts + master craft. One important thing is that you have to hit PREFIX on regal. Or you can try your luck with Lightning damage to spells Essence or Spell Crit essence. Use only 80% bases with 84+ ilvl, everthing else is garbage.

5) Rainbowstride - If you dont care about spell block dont bother. You can get higher ES boots which will cost you arm and a leg but over all it would be a better pick. I prefer to have at least 30-40% spell block with Rumis up. Its good to have either +1 boots or gloves for enlighten.

6) Crystal Belt - Best ES belt for CI hands down - get it. Reduced flask charges + Increased flask effect duration is best combo you can get. EXPENSIVE. Everyone knows PF uses it so its pretty demn pricy.

7) Fingerless Gloves - Also best pick because gloves enchants are garbage in endgame - chill doesnt work on Guardians and Shaper.

8) Stun immunity. Either pick Valyrium because its F^^KING cheap and you can spend the cash for other parts of gear, or get Chauyla - but then be prepared to lose some dps and finding STR on gear will be a pain or get next flask because why not ? (Kitava or how its called), im using it now.

9) Helmet - Hubris - you need resists and INT and as much ES as you can get, no point to replace that.

10) Shield - ES shields are worthless now - you can get 500 ES base for ~30c. And thats because people are looking for not only ES now but also CRIT and Spell Damage. Resists are a luxury which you will need to be honest. But ~300 es shield with crit and some res will be VERY cheap in comparsion to the rest of the gear setup.

11) The Ethereal card - GET IT, if you buy some 1-2 post them for below market value and dont give a shit about ppl spamming you. Price manipulation is a dick move, but if you want to save some cash for rolling the chest later - be an asshole OR dont be and pay ~ 8c more.

Got whole set for around 4 ex - USE ESSENCE of WOE to crafit it, mby you will have same luck as me and get nice chest with small investment.

12)Flasks, if u are poor :<.. Dunno use mby Atziri's Promise ? Flasks are pretty mandatory. And are like REALLY OP.. no idea what GGG had in mind when they released Vinktars (retardedly OP not only on PF). USE IT. No point to way for nerf which will for sure come. Use it and forget it after the nerf.

13) With 11k+ ES without gloves you can invest into Corrupted Facebraker either +1 for Enlighten +1 or something useful like cast speed.

--------------------------------- MAP MODS ---------------------------------

- Blood Magic - no go - f^^k that it doesnt even give enough rewards for the hassle
- Physical Reflect - doable with perm Vinktars up + Phys To Lightning
- Anything else below t15* - GOD MODE, you just dont care, like a saw going through butter

*With correct gear you can just put a 5 year old behind the wheel of the BV.

---------------------------------- GUARDIANS -------------------------------

To be honest ive rolled just maps with pack size but without crazy dmg mods and just face tanked most of fights/ If enemy telegraphs some retarded hit either evade or try if you can facetank with Discipline up (i would not do that because you need Disci for "I have f^^ked up" situations) there is a high possibility you will just not die.

Use Adds to refill flasks and just faceroll.

---------------------------------- SHAPER ----------------------------------

Dont know i havent done him yet :D... Should be easier than Guardians (Did reflect Hydra, was painful but doable)

---------------------------------- TIPS ------------------------------------

- If you played some mobas you will feel like at home with flask spam
- Never waste flasks before Atziri Split phase (at least the important ones)
- Split phase will refill most of the flasks so you can just burst through it
- Dont be afraid of crafting stuff you need. Essences can be very useful.
- Dont search for increased phys damage on poe.trade - ppl ask retarded prices for it, there are other ways to scale damage without this mod and you can get for the same price 4 good mods jewel.
- BV MTX shows more accurate AoE of the skill, normal animation is trash.
- With chernobog's pillar you can praise Satan everytime you cast BV.
- Getting worthy enchants in uberlab is next to impossible - at least if you do it yourself. Its much better to run Merc lab to get good mod on one helmet and have a spare backup for Uber lab - or if you have 5ex jsut buy something from people.
- Reduced Charges used on belt is VERY strong - USE IT!
- DONT FORGET TO SUPPORT GGG!

STATS (Defensive version - See mode dmg gear for offensive)

For stats warriors

CHARACTER

GEAR with Jewels

GEAR FOR MORE DPS

I have done some testing and it seems for bosses which have adds its possible to run more dpsy setup. (Mind that if you dont have similar dps to me - you will run out of charges before bursting bosses through split/adds phases!!)

- allows to replace Overflowing chalice to some extend - you will refill fast on adds or split phase.
- Over all i look at this as extra 40% dmg.

Conc + Auras + Flasks:

(no Haste or Vaal haste to cheat :P)

LL FOR VERY RICH AND RETARDED PEOPLE

So my current gear is that :

Current tree for LL:
CLICK

It is not only very expensive but also very retarded, because of Elixir. It's only for people who know what the hell they are doing. You have to know Chaos monsters and know map mods to avoid. Ive chosen this build as my farewell with the league - only Guardians/Shaper/Ubers left for me to farm and i dont really have much time to do that.

Stats:
CLICK

VIDEOS:

Dont have other sets now so normal Atziri will have to be enough for now: CLICK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by early league farm with this build: CLICK
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Oct 26, 2016, 6:53:33 AM
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2016, 6:35:03 PM
---------------------------- QUESTIONS ----------------------------------

Q: "I see a lot of people missing throat-seeker, doesn't make sense to me, it's so much multi there, 52!!! That's half a lvl 20 inc crit dmg gem."

A: You dont really need it. Crit multi isint multiplicative no, its additive, it wont be 50% more dmg. You will get some increase on TT dps but its not worth the 4 points.

Q: "I've heard that switching out crit chance/multi with phys to lit/lit pen will do more single target damage/leech with vinkatar up. How do you feel about this?"

A: Someone might say that more LS damage means more leech - but thats not really true in practice - most monsters in higher content will have LS resistance effectively decreasing your damage and leech. Armour is almost non existent on monsters vs 20k+ hits per blade meaning you dont lose any damage. Also losing crit chance effectively decrease your survivability - less crits means fewer charges on flasks, because you simply crit less.

Q: "Can you explain a little more in depth why Master Alchemist over Veteran Bowyer/Master Herbalist?"
A: This will be a multipart answer. Explaining pros and cons of each pick:

Master Alchemist + Nature's Boon vs Veteran Bowyer/Master Herbalist:

INFO: 'Ive spent over 100 regrets to test stuff while doing guardians / Atziri etc, and other ascendency points felt really shitty... After spending over 2ex ive switched back to status immunity and extra flask charges.. Lost like a day of farm /fuk

Pros:
- You gain complete immunity to EVERY status alignment. It's pretty huge because it completely frees your hands with flask picks. Only one you will need is Curse Immunity one. Ignite/Freeze/Chill/Shock immunity with ANY flask being up. Shock immunity for Vinktars is only a part of profits you get from this node.
- Damage, dont really need more damage but it's good to have some extras to statuses immunity.
- Nature's Boon - Survivability and more Sustainability. I NEVER want to wake up without Vinktars up. I want to facetank everything and don't have an heart attack with "Fuck Fuck Fuck i cannot leech" moments.

Cons:
- Losing poison (simply damage, with 100k per blade using Conc i dont even think i need more - not even swapping my IAoE for Guardians but i can :S Just an lazy ass)
- 2/4 Guardians are simply poison immune
- Losing Charges on Kill - Vinktars means everything is shocked no matter what so its always up. But it's an "ON KILL" effect. It's useless vs bosses with very high HP.
- Penetration + more extra damage ~~ which over all is simply 20% extra ele dmg. Check poison answer.
- Additional chaos resistance during flask effect ? We are CI we dont care.
- You have to drop one Unique Flask, either ToH(gimping dmg and survivability)/Chalice(without it you wont sustain Vinktars without ads)/Rumi's(gimping your survivability even more)

A: Conclusion: If you are missing for some reason damage, yea you can pick more damage. If you have enough of DMG and want to have an easy ride (be a GOD / not give a shit what PoE throws at you) pick described here version.

Q: "What are your bandit choices"
A: Point, Point, Power Charge

Q: "With Skyforth - I don't really need the amulet/ring or does the stun avoidance only really work if you stack mana?
A: No, With this tree you will have around 1k++ mana. With SkyForth its over 5k life equivalent. You wont be Stun immune (Similar immunity to Chayula), but you will be pretty stun resistant. If you want to supplement SkyForth with additional situational stun immunity you can use unique Silver Flask which would do the job.
SkyForth solve many problems to be honest for not only LL builds. You wont need +1 socket gems gloves/boots/w.e or Enlighten 4. You will easier squize more resists and dmg. They are simply WORTH THE PRICE :)

Q: "Ptl Vinktar's are mandatory for the build,or I can grab additional lightning dmg Vinktar's for first time ?"
A: No, You have enough of Lightning Damage To Spells from Herald + Dagger to run simply with ALD Vinktars. PTL just means more dmg -> which translates to more leech (higher jumps - sometimes i leech over 10k es in second, if it will be 5k es in second its still disgusting amount)

Q: Bandits question. 16% Phys dmg vs 1 Passive points. Why passive point?
A: Simple answer is that the build is pretty point consuming, and i would rather have an option to pick one additional jewel for half the price. As jewels can value from 1 to 4 skill points equivalent, im running now few 2.5 points and one 3 points value jewels.

Q: How do I survive without Vessel of Vinktar? What are my pleb options? Life Leech Support connected to Blade Vortex? Atziri's Promise? What would you go with until you could afford Vinktars? I know you said about Atziri's Promise in your build. I would like to know more options?
A: You can lose belt slot for Doryanis Phys belt + Atziris Promise / Dropping Discipline/Herald of Thunder for Warlords Mark Blasphemy as additional supplement + Reduced Reservation helmet (essence)

Q: How would your passive skill tree look like at level 60-70-80?
A:
Spoiler

You leave jewels for last picks.

Around 60

Around 80

After that you pick jewels.

Q: What kind of jewels would you look for at levels 60-70-80 when you have no currency to spend?
A: You dont buy jewels before 80 because there is no point to. Power jewels give is required to do endgame more comfortably.

Q: Which 5 flasks should I have in my belt at levels 60-70-80 that are cheap?
A: Silver Flask / Atziri's Promise / Rotgut(better for lvling) or Overflowing Chalice / Diamond Flask / Granite of Iron Skin.

Q: What stats in general do I look for in items in order of importance?
A: I'll answer only after transition to CI, there is too much info about lvling with Life builds. After CI, you search for resists + HIGH ES. Jewelery - same pick (Crit, ES, Res) keep in mind that if you want to run higher CWDT setup you will need STR from somewhere.
To be honest build is pretty expensive. But i wouldnt expect less from the strongest build in the game right now.

Q: What to look for on amulets ?
- Crit multi
- Spell damage
- Maximum energy shield
- Mana regen (its very useful to be able to stack up to 20 charges before bosses or after losing vinktar charges)
- rest of the stats you are missing wlse where

Q: what to look on Dagger ?
A: my dagger is pretty much endgame version, beside more spell damage there is not much of a better stats you can find.

Q: Why kiara's determination if u use master alchemist in asscendancy ? only for the onslaught? is not a better flask options?
A: Stun mostly, but ive dropped Valyrium for stats stick ring also. Which allowed me later to switch to Facebreakers.

Q: CWDT Immortal call vs blind setup what is better in your opinion?
A: This build is getting really socket hungry, also STR hungry if you want to run high level immortal call with Increased Duration. It's not really possible to get 130+ STR without investing tens of exalts into profiled jewelery. Without high lvl gems 0.8-1sec immunity wont save you from anything (Porcupines werent really a problem before IC also)

Q: Herald of thunder+mana leech vs Clarity setup the same as question 2.
A: Herald of thunder + mana leech works if you have something to leech from and you can shock. No status aligments == No mana regen map mods in this case. I've switched into mana regen simply because engaging into BOSS fight with 20 stacks is MUCH MUCH safer. Mana leech looks like an overkill here with perm Vinktars up with 20 stacks.

Q: Why don't put a flask setups vs Maps, Atziri/Uber, Lab/Uber, Guardians, i think is a nice idea.
A: I dont really have a space to switch out any of those flasks. Im running same setup on every occasion. But slightly thinking about incorporating Dyin Sun as a swap for farming / Uber Atziri / Phoenix Guardian. Not sure yet which flask i would drop through..

Q: Jewel stat priority?
A: ES -> Crit Multi -> Area damage -> Spell damage

Q:When you say you need scion reservation node for CoT which nodes are you talking about exactly?
A: When you look at scion ES wheel, a little below to the right there is a Mana reservation cluster.

Q: If i transition to this build will i have any problems with dying etc?
A: If the question is if im dyin from time to time - yes. I died a lot for example while running double reflect Hydra. I died to one shot to Chimera with 300% additional elemental damage. Finished the maps but died. Did i die to uber atziri ? yes, why? Because im so used to facetanking everything i make mistakes. Do i really care ? Not really the build is more or less finished at 92 lv.

[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Oct 19, 2016, 2:48:19 PM
I see a lot of people missing throat-seeker, doesn't make sense to me, it's so much multi there, 52!!! That's half a lvl 20 inc crit dmg gem.
I've heard that switching out crit chance/multi with phys to lit/lit pen will do more single target damage/leech with vinkatar up. How do you feel about this?
Last edited by mxleavitt on Sep 26, 2016, 2:11:18 AM
Lel @ once per 24h bump...
You sure that phys to light and light penetration its not effective on T15+ ? I will sure try but maybe there is some info already out that will discourage this setup
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
You sure that phys to light and light penetration its not effective on T15+ ? I will sure try but maybe there is some info already out that will discourage this setup

Losing 2% of base crit should be more than enough as "info"... If you roll 80% lightning resistance on a map and monsters have around 40% base. They are overcapped. So how effective that setup would be ? Like losing almost half of dps. That is really not hard do grasp :)
Really appreciate the in depth look at CI since there was that guide void. I've also done my share of looking at streamer's character sheets to get a better understanding and really value the distillation of that information. For example, I had been using a secondary Blade Vortex setup (PCoC/CoH): switching to Herald of Thunder CoH makes this build so much more fun/smooth to play.

Can you explain a little more in depth why Master Alchemist over Veteran Bowyer/Master Herbalist? I've seen that a lot of streamers use this set up in HC but have never really understood it (outside of just being a HC mentality). What am I missing?

I see the synergy with Vinktar's, but don't see it's value since you can roll anti-shock and anti-freeze on flasks. Veteran Bowyer is close to a perma Overflowing Chalice and Master Herbalist offers great boss DPS.

Current Flask Setup for reference:

Conversion Vinktar's
Anti-Shock Diamond
Anti-Freeze Silver (Reduced Charges used for 2 uses)
Atziri's
Rumi's
(Overflowing Chalice for hard maps/bosses, Dying Sun for easier maps/uber lab).

No Taste of Hate yet. Would you recommend a different setup (with Master Alchemist)?

Last edited by Myrales on Sep 28, 2016, 8:24:21 PM
I'm interested in making this next, but I have access to Skyforth so just curious does that mean I don't need the amulet/ring or does the stun avoidance only really work if you stack mana?
Ptl Vinktar's are mandatory for the build,or I can grab additional lightning dmg Vinktar's for first time ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info