[2.6] HC! THE IMMORTAL FLAME! RF JUGGERNAUT - NEAR INVINCIBILITY ON A 1c BUDGET! ATZIRI/U-LAB/T15

Thanks for your build, i really hit cosmic level of faceroll with that. But i have couple of questions.
First is - how do i calculate total increased damage from rf damsge calculation?
And also i thinking about change my basalt flask to witchfire, but vulnerability seems to be useless. What can i do about it?
Hi there,

I am running my marauder at lvl 90 atm and i used demigods rf build to get there. So far im doing fine but then i saw this build.

For some reasons demigod chose to be a chieftain and this build aims for a juggernaut.

Could someone tell me why a JUG should be better than a CHIEF or vica versa (since i actually think that the CHIEF leads into higher dps)???

Also i read this on page 1:

"
I don't know if it works but wouldn't you get a lot more damage if you took Elemental overload instead of resolute technique?

I am using EO and use increased critical strikes + tempest shield + blade vortex + cwdt lvl 1 to proc the crits. I figured out that using only tempest shield (or blade vortex) isnt very reliable but using both at the same time can keep up the EO almost all the time.

And another nice effect is that tempest shield hits with lightning which procs EE absolutely by itself
i am playing this build as my first serious hc char, and i'm doing pretty well so far (currently lvl 82 and running t8-9 maps)

there are 2 things that are bothering me, and i hope you can help me out on this

1. does spell damage in general work with rf? i got two jewels with life and spell dmg, and i'm not sure if this does benefit my dps in any way. should i replace them with ones that have life and fire/dot/area dmg?

2. i'm not really a big fan of concentrated effect. usually i only switch it with inc aoe for boss fights. i tried this build without conc, and even as a 3 link my damage is pretty fine and clears all that content i'm currently playing. so if i permanentely take out conc, what would be the best option as 4th link?
cont. destruction for 44% more spell dmg (in case that works)
rapid decay for 39% more dot
increased burning dmg for 69% increased dmg

How come your 91 didn't have your CWDT + BVortex setup on before RIP? Is there an alternate way to generate crits?
"
Randosaurus wrote:
i am playing this build as my first serious hc char, and i'm doing pretty well so far (currently lvl 82 and running t8-9 maps)

there are 2 things that are bothering me, and i hope you can help me out on this

1. does spell damage in general work with rf? i got two jewels with life and spell dmg, and i'm not sure if this does benefit my dps in any way. should i replace them with ones that have life and fire/dot/area dmg?

2. i'm not really a big fan of concentrated effect. usually i only switch it with inc aoe for boss fights. i tried this build without conc, and even as a 3 link my damage is pretty fine and clears all that content i'm currently playing. so if i permanentely take out conc, what would be the best option as 4th link?

1. Unfortunately, no. RF can be used as a buff - you gain a lot of spell damage, at the cost of having to mitigate that self-burn. Those jewels will benefit builds that do that, but not this one (only Blade Vortex is buffed here). So yes, you should replace them.

2. Only a limited number of stats actually affect RF due to it's unique nature. The only other support that works with it is Increased Burning Damage. I'm not sure about the numbers, but Concentrated Effect should be better DPS-wise since it uses "More" compared to "Increased" on Increased Burning Damage. If you're already killing fast though, I guess the larger radius does make things easier. Rapid Decay only works if you put RF on a totem.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Feb 22, 2017, 3:51:52 AM
Heya, great build. Really enjoying it (char: Everything_Is_On_Fire).

Quick question though. Wouldn't it be a better idea to pick up more %life in the tree, particularly if you're one of the folks running around with a legacy Kaom's? Using the tree you recommended, I'm up to about 8.2k life, which doesn't seem like that much, and Rigvald kicked my ass in a level 73 zone (legacy dark forest maps from way back).

Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
I've got a question. You say you need to have added cold/lightning damage to attacks somewhere on your gear, right? Does that mean both MUST be on my build or would it be fine to only have lightning or only have cold. Furthermore, would added choas damage be a good thing?
I'm using a 4L Belly of the Beast while I farm for a Kaom's Heart.

I currently have CwDT -- Tempest Shield -- Vortex -- Chain Support on it. I would put another Increased Critical Strikes on it, but it probably isn't worth trying to roll RBBB sockets on this, especially since I will upgrade eventually.

However, I'm also using Southbound, so their damage doesn't really matter (even though they're boosted by RF's Increased Spell Damage), and the Cold and Lightning isn't required for Elemental Equilibrium cause Southbound. What other setups would you recommend for this, until I get Kaom's?
"
rvrr wrote:
Bandits please ?¿

In the guide!

"
Secksy wrote:
Hey man I tried messaging you in game. I wanted to post an update for this build on the current league.

One of many small changes that help this build out and make it feel way smoother is instead of lightning warp, using shield charge/faster attacks/fortify.

We need more speed and dodge mechanics in the current meta and this supplies it!

That along with utilizing a few of the close jewel spots you have on your skill tree instead of some of the 5% nodes around level 85.

You also really don't need blade vortex anymore, you should have enough crit to proc Elemental Overload with just your cyclone when needed. Also no real need for frenzy when cyclone does the same thing 90% of the time. And when you are fighting a boss without a way to generate frenzy with cyclone, you are usually more worried about positioning.

Instead putting your flame golem, tempest shield, and vortex on your CWDT seems to be much more effective. This keeps your golem up all the time, and vortex with tempest shield helps you survive more and helps to proc elemental equilibrium.

I can go on more, but this was a great starter guide and i've been playing it since the start of the league with my own tweaks along the way.

Up to T15 maps, and have done the breachloards..except chayula, way too expensive right now for me.

Hey sorry I missed you in-game, but thanks for these general tips, they sound good! I'm going to implement them in the guide!

"
Thanks for your build, i really hit cosmic level of faceroll with that. But i have couple of questions.
First is - how do i calculate total increased damage from rf damsge calculation?
And also i thinking about change my basalt flask to witchfire, but vulnerability seems to be useless. What can i do about it?

1) It's pretty tedious, but you have to go through your passives, gear, gems etc. and count up all the inc damage % manually, so grab a pen, paper, and calculator!

2) Vuln is actually utilized nicely by RF because it makes enemies take more damage over time!

"
BigBaMthrfckr wrote:
Hi there,

I am running my marauder at lvl 90 atm and i used demigods rf build to get there. So far im doing fine but then i saw this build.

For some reasons demigod chose to be a chieftain and this build aims for a juggernaut.

Could someone tell me why a JUG should be better than a CHIEF or vica versa (since i actually think that the CHIEF leads into higher dps)???

Also i read this on page 1:

"
I don't know if it works but wouldn't you get a lot more damage if you took Elemental overload instead of resolute technique?

I am using EO and use increased critical strikes + tempest shield + blade vortex + cwdt lvl 1 to proc the crits. I figured out that using only tempest shield (or blade vortex) isnt very reliable but using both at the same time can keep up the EO almost all the time.

And another nice effect is that tempest shield hits with lightning which procs EE absolutely by itself

I do a breakdown in the guide, but basically i like jug more because it leads to nice damage and more survivability than chieftan for non-totem pure rf builds

"
thsscapii wrote:
"
Randosaurus wrote:

1. Unfortunately, no. RF can be used as a buff - you gain a lot of spell damage, at the cost of having to mitigate that self-burn. Those jewels will benefit builds that do that, but not this one (only Blade Vortex is buffed here). So yes, you should replace them.

2. Only a limited number of stats actually affect RF due to it's unique nature. The only other support that works with it is Increased Burning Damage. I'm not sure about the numbers, but Concentrated Effect should be better DPS-wise since it uses "More" compared to "Increased" on Increased Burning Damage. If you're already killing fast though, I guess the larger radius does make things easier. Rapid Decay only works if you put RF on a totem.

What he said! Inc Burn damage for more AoE if you dont feel like having conc effect in, though I prefer the "more" damage multiplier from Conc Effect

"
Heya, great build. Really enjoying it (char: Everything_Is_On_Fire).

Quick question though. Wouldn't it be a better idea to pick up more %life in the tree, particularly if you're one of the folks running around with a legacy Kaom's? Using the tree you recommended, I'm up to about 8.2k life, which doesn't seem like that much, and Rigvald kicked my ass in a level 73 zone (legacy dark forest maps from way back).

Sadly, not really that I know of, except for more levels, better gear/jewels, etc.

"
I've got a question. You say you need to have added cold/lightning damage to attacks somewhere on your gear, right? Does that mean both MUST be on my build or would it be fine to only have lightning or only have cold. Furthermore, would added choas damage be a good thing?

You only need one source of ele damage! Sadly, added chaos has no useful place in this build that I know of.

"
thsscapii wrote:

I currently have CwDT -- Tempest Shield -- Vortex -- Chain Support on it. I would put another Increased Critical Strikes on it, but it probably isn't worth trying to roll RBBB sockets on this, especially since I will upgrade eventually.

However, I'm also using Southbound, so their damage doesn't really matter (even though they're boosted by RF's Increased Spell Damage), and the Cold and Lightning isn't required for Elemental Equilibrium cause Southbound. What other setups would you recommend for this, until I get Kaom's?

If you're consistently proccing EO ok, then consider maybe another curse on hit? I really cant think of anything else that would prove useful, except for situational things like a summon skeleton totem, vaal grace set-up, etc.
"
EcksWhaiXi wrote:
"
thsscapii wrote:

If you're consistently proccing EO ok, then consider maybe another curse on hit? I really cant think of anything else that would prove useful, except for situational things like a summon skeleton totem, vaal grace set-up, etc.

Thanks for the reply! I've since gotten a Kaom's Heart and it's doing great. I've been waiting for an update to 2.6, and it seems you're working on that - looking forward to it!

Just based on the changes to AoE, it seems this build got a buff there. Using the same nodes as the 2.5 tree makes for a larger RF with the same gem setup (with Conc Effect), which is a very nice QoL improvement. Question, though. Assuming one wants to replace some AoE nodes so that it has the same AoE as before (in 2.5), which other nodes would you consider? I'm very tempted to go for Whispers of Doom for additional cursing since I use Witchfire, but it's quite a number of points away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info