How strong are the two recent build of the weeks?

How strong are they compared to Blade Vortex? If they are not even 50% as strong as low life BV I refuse to recognize them as 'Build of the week'.
Yeah, well, BoTW =/= FoTM, or at least that's what they said.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Build of the Week is very intentionally focused on interesting builds, not necessarily the strongest builds (although that Barrage build looks pretty legit).
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Of course their not as strong as BV but they are semi interesting. You can only push a skill like LW so far, afterall its primarily intended as movemonet skill rather than a 6 link nuke 2 screens kind of skill.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 22, 2016, 6:31:36 PM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
How strong are they compared to Blade Vortex? If you are not even 50% as strong as low life BV I refuse to recognize them as 'Build of the week'.

Build of the week doesnt cover the strongest builds, it covers the far more interesting ones.

Interesting and unique mechanic combinations are far better than using some over used skill that a crap ton of people are using. At least when it comes to videos that will catch people's attention.

But this is also coming from a guy currently running a dom blow necromancer witch.(doing incredibly well atm , though we will see once mapping)
"
Deadpeng wrote:
How strong are they compared to Blade Vortex? If you are not even 50% as strong as low life BV I refuse to recognize them as 'Build of the week'.

For all the strength something may have, it is not necessarily viable for some, many, or even most.

If you do something you enjoy, you'll never work a day in your life.

But if you do something for any other reason, you'll work for the rest of your life.

Play builds you enjoy. Don't focus on what people claim to be the strongest or best; it's all subjective.
Builds of the WEAK. They are trash tier.

They are so bad that if there was a choice of playing BoTW or not playing PoE at all I'd choose the latter.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
Builds of the WEAK. They are trash tier.

They are so bad that if there was a choice of playing BoTW or not playing PoE at all I'd choose the latter.

Build of the week*. Non-trash tier.
You guys are missing my point. I was quite generous with my rating by asking for only 50% of blade vortex's potential. Build of week sure are more focused on creativity than strength, but strength is also a factor. If not I can even argue that my default attack build deserves an entry in it. I am asking, are these builds at even 50% of BV s potential??
"
Deadpeng wrote:
You guys are missing my point. I was quite generous with my rating by asking for only 50% of blade vortex's potential. Build of week sure are more focused on creativity than strength, but strength is also a factor. If not I can even argue that my default attack build deserves an entry in it. I am asking, are these builds at even 50% of BV s potential??

There are plenty of builds that greatly surpass the DPS potential of Blade Vortex. Discharge, Flameblast, Vaal Molten Shell, Herald of Writhing Jar, and more.

Are those actually BotW? No. Not all of them. Not most of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info