[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
maddognils wrote:

Cwdt on a low lvl with warlords mark is the exact same thing as having a blasphemy with warlords mark. Any little bit of damage dealt to you will cast warlords mark with a big aoe around the mob.

This happens constantly when fightning a boss or anything that deals damage to you. And if nothing deals damage to you you don't need it anyway right?

This way we don't have to waste mana reserve :)

Blimey, I forgot about that! It was a stroke of genius yes :)

I removed it while levelling for some reason (I think it was due to my ES and Shield Charge loop not being up to scratch yet, so I required the permanent leech uptime).

This does free up a VERY delicious possibility of an additional 35% aura - perhaps Purity of Lightning for additional safety.

Any idea why reflect stopped gimping me however? I used to one-shot myself until one day into the build - not sure why it feels like there's no reflect now (it's not necessarily Vink's resist, I don't always pop it). I'd say maybe it's the guaranteed Warlord's but 2% doesn't sound like defense against 50k damage.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
"
maddognils wrote:

Cwdt on a low lvl with warlords mark is the exact same thing as having a blasphemy with warlords mark. Any little bit of damage dealt to you will cast warlords mark with a big aoe around the mob.

This happens constantly when fightning a boss or anything that deals damage to you. And if nothing deals damage to you you don't need it anyway right?

This way we don't have to waste mana reserve :)

Blimey, I forgot about that! It was a stroke of genius yes :)

I removed it while levelling for some reason (I think it was due to my ES and Shield Charge loop not being up to scratch yet, so I required the permanent leech uptime).

This does free up a VERY delicious possibility of an additional 35% aura - perhaps Purity of Lightning for additional safety.

Any idea why reflect stopped gimping me however? I used to one-shot myself until one day into the build - not sure why it feels like there's no reflect now (it's not necessarily Vink's resist, I don't always pop it). I'd say maybe it's the guaranteed Warlord's but 2% doesn't sound like defense against 50k damage.

I have no idea why reflect one shots you, It never did to me. I can see possibly 21 discharge + Tons of Multi jewels + Controlled Dest with a 6/7 charge crit in a -max map possibly 1 shotting you but I allways farmed fast enough to keep vinktars up constantly. I think the slower you go the more scared you should be of relect since your vinktars might drop. This is why I recommend Life leech for beginners to the build.
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Is discharge confirmed better in chest than BV? I'm using BV and am struggling on shaper/ST
"
maddognils wrote:

I have no idea why reflect one shots you, It never did to me. I can see possibly 21 discharge + Tons of Multi jewels + Controlled Dest with a 6/7 charge crit in a -max map possibly 1 shotting you but I allways farmed fast enough to keep vinktars up constantly. I think the slower you go the more scared you should be of relect since your vinktars might drop. This is why I recommend Life leech for beginners to the build.

Yes, you're probably right again! When I was in the testing phase (I had an old 75 shadow that got a free respec) I ran Maligaro's + a legacy 30% spell damage / 70% crit multiplier amulet - plus spec'd double multiplier. I am also a gemcrafter so I was loaded with multiplier gems - that's about 200% more multiplier than what I'm running now with none of the standard defenses I have up now.

I'm seriously obsessing about getting the +1 curse Voll's now - I'm 85 and realise I need every skill point possible.

Gtkingsley1: I think OP had replied that Discharge in chest is best ONLY if you have 30% to not consume charges enchant on the helmet so you can double discharge - otherwise BV is fine.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
why not inquisitor?
Anybody who could take a look at my gear and advise me on what I should upgrade next? I feel like I need either a 6L volls for the BV setup to increase my single target damage OR a vinktar with lightning penetration. Any more stuff I should work on? My ES is on 4.7k which I think is low, but Im not sure how to get much more.

Char name: NudeIRL
Last edited by Geobruh on Jan 5, 2017, 1:15:28 PM
"
Geobruh wrote:
Anybody who could take a look at my gear and advise me on what I should upgrade next? I feel like I need either a 6L volls for the BV setup to increase my single target damage OR a vinktar with lightning penetration. Any more stuff I should work on? My ES is on 4.7k which I think is low, but Im not sure how to get much more.

Char name: NudeIRL
Your ES problems are due to your horrible helmet, mediocre ES gear elsewhere, not having infused shield and arcane focus spec'd, and not having %ES crafts on rings. I think you spec'd into intuitive leap a bit prematurely, you can't really sustain two discharges worth of charges without the enchantment so having extra charges is less useful than you'd think at that point.

My order of upgrades would be

-Vinktar's
-6L voll's with 4 green so you can run blade vortex
-Decent-ish ES helmet
-Death's door
-Good ES helm with discharge enchantment
-Recolor voll's to 3g3b and start using double discharge again
-%ES rings
Last edited by supremePINEAPPLE on Jan 5, 2017, 2:28:31 PM
Last edited by syntax182 on Dec 28, 2022, 8:29:17 PM
@supremePINEAPPLE and @syntax182

Super helpful Pineapple and Syntax. The priority of what to get next is much needed. Also, thank you for pointing the flaws in my passive tree out syntax, I hadn't realised that I'm still using Nightstalker. Much appreciated guys, thank you.
Hi guys!,
first... awesome build!!

Same question for me than a lot of people here, what do you think i should upgrade next?
I would say put the %ES on rings, then maybe another 21 discharge? Is that correct?

Thanks for your responses :)

(charname: Dokidokrit)

edit: i'm weak i bought another discharge for 3ex, no currency atm i might resell it ><
Last edited by Tinouga on Jan 5, 2017, 5:09:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info