[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
maddognils wrote:

OK so I see about 100 problems, you have no diamond flask, your tree is a mess. You decided to go to templar area for area of effect before any crit at all on the tree. You don't have nightstalker. You don't have a vagan dagger. You dont even have a crit crafted dagger. You don't seem to use Inc Aoe/Conc effect. You don't have a voll's devo which I state I wouldn't level as discharge without.

The leveling area is just a quick briefing with how I leveled. I mustve made an oversight to assume people would realize to level with what they know and are comfortable with, sorry, I didn't actually think someone would follow it blindly.

I will level a brand new assassin on my free time and make a guide on where to go in the tree and exactly what skills to level with for an easy leveling process to dried lake. Make some of the changes I suggested and for sure things will go better.

Note Nightstalker isn't on your tree. Also, there's no mention of "needing" Diamond Flask. My Vagan is L6 but doesn't sell any daggers; how does one get a "Vagan Dagger"? Also, because I had survival issues, after getting the crit nodes in your tree, I went towards nodes to help with that (regen, hits, ES, etc) -- and because Nightstalker wasn't on the skill tree, I decided to go survivability before the "spell crit" (my issue is critting to proc, not discharge critting). While my dagger may not be crit crafted, it is 80% and cold. Volls Devotion is nearly 3ex right now - I'd put in bold at the top of the build guide your recommendation of requiring that so players know up front.

Not following blindly at all; getting the best gear and doing the best setup I can given funds, etc. Thinking players who have never done this build (for example) would take Nightstalker without it being on the skill tree you published isn't very fair.

PoE is a monumentally complex game, even for veteran players -- balancing the crit % with survivability to proc Discharge is new to me (and in many regards unique to other builds) - as such I think this build needs a much more in-depth guide when leveling. There's just too many permutations for this build while leveling to leave it in the hands of people who haven't done a build like this before.
All that and a bag of chips!
Besides glove/boot enchantment, anything else I should look out for?
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
maddognils wrote:

OK so I see about 100 problems, you have no diamond flask, your tree is a mess. You decided to go to templar area for area of effect before any crit at all on the tree. You don't have nightstalker. You don't have a vagan dagger. You dont even have a crit crafted dagger. You don't seem to use Inc Aoe/Conc effect. You don't have a voll's devo which I state I wouldn't level as discharge without.

The leveling area is just a quick briefing with how I leveled. I mustve made an oversight to assume people would realize to level with what they know and are comfortable with, sorry, I didn't actually think someone would follow it blindly.

I will level a brand new assassin on my free time and make a guide on where to go in the tree and exactly what skills to level with for an easy leveling process to dried lake. Make some of the changes I suggested and for sure things will go better.

Note Nightstalker isn't on your tree. Also, there's no mention of "needing" Diamond Flask. My Vagan is L6 but doesn't sell any daggers; how does one get a "Vagan Dagger"? Also, because I had survival issues, after getting the crit nodes in your tree, I went towards nodes to help with that (regen, hits, ES, etc) -- and because Nightstalker wasn't on the skill tree, I decided to go survivability before the "spell crit" (my issue is critting to proc, not discharge critting). While my dagger may not be crit crafted, it is 80% and cold. Volls Devotion is nearly 3ex right now - I'd put in bold at the top of the build guide your recommendation of requiring that so players know up front.

Not following blindly at all; getting the best gear and doing the best setup I can given funds, etc. Thinking players who have never done this build (for example) would take Nightstalker without it being on the skill tree you published isn't very fair.

PoE is a monumentally complex game, even for veteran players -- balancing the crit % with survivability to proc Discharge is new to me (and in many regards unique to other builds) - as such I think this build needs a much more in-depth guide when leveling. There's just too many permutations for this build while leveling to leave it in the hands of people who haven't done a build like this before.

The guide is kind of unfriendly honestly. Nightstalker is in the guide believe it or not, but it might as well be fine print.
Last edited by MeLikeChoco on Dec 31, 2016, 10:17:21 PM
I now see mention of nightstalker (then refund it). I was looking @ the final build tree and using that as my guide. I think the leveling section needs to be rewritten to be much more clear - the best guides are ones that show the tree at 15, 30, 50, 70, etc.

Now that I have nightstalker, I'm not sure what I need to take next to increase my survivability (dagger crit chance). I don't have a dagger available through Vegan and he's 80% L6 so I have to wait a day for a reset (he won't level tonight). I could pick up a Voll's devotion, but does it make such a huge difference in survivability during leveling just in the 50's? I would think not (Cruel is pretty easy -- at least for most other builds).

Right now I'm just avoiding all major boss areas because the damage just isn't there.
Last edited by Mooginator on Dec 31, 2016, 10:36:37 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
MeLikeChoco wrote:
The guide is kind of unfriendly honestly. Nightstalker is in the guide believe it or not, but it might as well be fine print.

For the record, Nightstalker is not in the skill tree for Assassin. :)

Theres a difference between a leveling tree and the final tree. You don't rush the final tree. You go with the general direction of the tree and follow the flow, while picking up beneficial nodes that help you whilst leveling. Aka nightstalker because you're using daggers while leveling. Malice AKA the end game weapon isn't a dagger so these nodes are respecced once you hit the appropriate level to equip malice.

Im sorry the guide confuses you, it's not meant to hold your hand from level 1 to 68, but like I mentioned earlier, i'll try to make improvements in the near future to assist more with people who struggle to level.

The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Last edited by maddognils on Dec 31, 2016, 10:41:10 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
I don't have a dagger available through Vegan and he's 80% L6 so I have to wait a day for a reset (he won't level tonight).

http://poe.trade/search/asahokoyonorit
"
maddognils wrote:
Im sorry the guide confuses you, it's not meant to hold your hand from level 1 to 68...

No need to be passively insulting (you've done this twice now). It isn't "confusing" and players don't need their hands held; what they need is a guide that overviews how this build levels up best as possible (without running into the issues that I guarantee nearly all players are who run this build - they just aren't posting it). A guide for a build like this requires more information that other builds (pizzablast, ED, Nga's cyclone, etc) because the "sweet spot" dynamics of CoC/Discharge paired with Life on kill (vs leech) are critical to its functionality.

For example, what's the "sweet spot" crit % chance to start running this in breaches? How is life sustained if mobs can't be killed quick enough (or is that the only option?)

Are diamond flasks "required" to level up? (I've never run a build like this so I don't know what the "lucky" translates to)

As I mentioned PoE is a monumentally complex game and learning the balance of Crit % to proc Discharge while leveling in order to gain survivability in things like breaches is important. Additionally, there really isn't talk about single-target fighting techniques - as I mentioned, does one use shield charge and just spam that against bosses vs the Cyclone in order to build the crits? It would be nice if the "Play technique" was outlined somewhere. Also, when does one get Vaal Pact?
Last edited by Mooginator on Dec 31, 2016, 10:52:14 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
maddognils wrote:
Im sorry the guide confuses you, it's not meant to hold your hand from level 1 to 68...

No need to be passively insulting (you've done this twice now). It isn't "confusing" and players don't need their hands held; what they need is a guide that overviews how this build levels up best as possible (without running into the issues that I guarantee nearly all players are who run this build - they just aren't posting it). A guide for a build like this requires more information that other builds (pizzablast, ED, Nga's cyclone, etc) because the "sweet spot" dynamics of CoC/Discharge paired with Life on kill (vs leech) are critical to its functionality.

For example, what's the "sweet spot" crit % chance to start running this in breaches? How is life sustained if mobs can't be killed quick enough (or is that the only option?)

Are diamond flasks "required" to level up? (I've never run a build like this so I don't know what the "lucky" translates to)

As I mentioned PoE is a monumentally complex game and learning the balance of Crit % to proc Discharge while leveling in order to gain survivability in things like breaches is important. Additionally, there really isn't talk about single-target fighting techniques - as I mentioned, does one use shield charge and just spam that against bosses vs the Cyclone in order to build the crits? It would be nice if the "Play technique" was outlined somewhere. Also, when does one get Vaal Pact?

Maybe this build is not for you mate.
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
maddognils wrote:

No need to be passively insulting (you've done this twice now). It isn't "confusing". It's incomplete and poorly written for players who haven't run such a build before (I've never done crit discharge). For example, how am I supposed to know the "lucky" crit chance from a Diamond Flask makes a big difference leveling up this build? As I mentioned PoE is a monumentally complex game and learning the balance of Crit % to proc Discharge while leveling in order to gain survivability in things like breaches is important. Additionally, there really isn't talk about single-target fighting techniques - as I mentioned, does one use shield charge and just spam that against bosses vs the Cyclone in order to build the crits? It would be nice if the "Play technique" was outlined somewhere. Also, when does one get Vaal Pact?

Ok last post from me before I give up. This isn't a leveling guide. I recommended one way of leveling specifically with a voll's devotion and nightstalker with a vagan dagger. You seem to have completely neglected the leveling section anyway.

All Guides on these forums aren't going to teach you how to tie your shoelaces, this is something that you should know already before you are here, so you are able to comprehend how things work.

Also I'm not trying to passively insult you, I am genuinely sorry for the leveling section. When I was new to POE I wouldn't understand anything in there, none of the abbreviations for any skill gem or passive. Like I mentioned earlier I'll try to improve it on some free time, but certainly not at 5-am on New Year's Eve.

Pick up vaal pact when you have a source of leech. AKA vinktars at 68.
Last edited by maddognils on Dec 31, 2016, 11:04:42 PM
"
drakfanskapet wrote:
Maybe this build is not for you mate.

This build has potential; this issue is leveling it. Builds are supposed to start shining in Cruel, not get worse (or much worse, as this one has). This particular build requires a very specific balance in order to obtain survivability - and it's much more sensitive than the majority of other builds. As such is requires more details relative to leveling in order to prevent exactly what I'm encountering.

I've done 7 builds so far this league (3 of them 80+). Not one of them have had the number of deaths this one has (I'd say my average number of deaths by the time I reach merc is perhaps 1-2). My last build was 0 deaths to end-game (map running).

As such, I would like to see the leveling guide for this build help players through the process to alleviate as much frustration as possible. That's all. Guides are meant to prevent players from having to figure the basics of a build out on their own - that's why they follow them - there's some key elements to this build that really need to be clearly presented and documented due to its unique balance requirements.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info