[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
"
dupie wrote:
I have no problems with mapping, but as trickster with my current gear I have single target issues, even uber lab seems way too hard. Not sure what I need to do to improve my damage on single target. 90%+ crit chance and 8.5k ES

"

That's why you run purities, for the max res to help with ele reflect. That's also when you pop vinktars.

I am running purity of fire and lightning, my single target damage is lacking.
"
dupie wrote:
"
"
dupie wrote:
I have no problems with mapping, but as trickster with my current gear I have single target issues, even uber lab seems way too hard. Not sure what I need to do to improve my damage on single target. 90%+ crit chance and 8.5k ES

That's why you run purities, for the max res to help with ele reflect. That's also when you pop vinktars.

I am running purity of fire and lightning, my single target damage is lacking.

Can't see your characters. What level are you? Link your jewels. What's your multiplier at for discharge?
Last edited by Charl1eTango on Dec 31, 2016, 10:40:41 AM
Whats the 6Link you recommend on a trickster BSC with and without discharge enchant on helm.
Would be nice if the leveling section for players new to Discharge was updated; for example, this build is very squishy when leveling up and the single target mechanism it terrible (I've had to skip Vaal bosses on Cruel it's so bad). Also there's no real guide on how/when to use the single-target discharge - do we use shield charge to build it, or just cyclone and use it when the cyc doesn't proc it? Also, without life leech, if the potions can't keep up with the hits, you're dead. I didn't have any issues like this with my Nga's cyclone build (which has life leech early on) but this build has no leech and even with assassin's mark, it's just not enough. So far, it's been more frustrating to build/run than fun (mid 40's).

And breaches? Forget it. Half of them leave you dead - and I'm not even sure how/why. Per the guide I ONLY have cold damage -- yet it seems I just melt in some of these breaches, even when I'm hitting potions. It makes no sense at all...

UPDATE: It's getting worse as I level; at 46 now and had to abandon my 3rd Vaal side area because I could not kill the boss and I'm taking a ton of damage (and died multiple times). Breaches are also getting a TON worse and I'm dying in every breach now. The person who created this guide needs to address this - for players who haven't done a discharge build like this before, it's pure misery - and I'm using the setup that's defined!

UPDATE 2 (Level 47): So yah this build is becoming the most miserable build I've ever played. 10 deaths and I haven't even gotten to the spider in Act 2. Capped resists. Vaal bosses are impossible now (pretty much all of them). I farm trash no problem, but the bosses? Forget it. While this is the time the majority of other builds shine, this build is utter garbage in the mid to late 40's. Would be nice if the guide talked about either how to avoid this or the misery one must go through and when it "gets good".
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Dec 31, 2016, 7:47:27 PM
I was also hoping someone could add a bit more detail to leveling section. I'm almost 35 now and I have a 6L voll's. What do I need to have running to get coc discharge going (i don't have voll neck yet)? I read the guide, but I don't know what else he is running at the low levels to make this happen.
IGN: Sweethart
Last edited by haenic on Dec 31, 2016, 6:53:17 PM
How much crit multi on discharge should I be shooting for with this build? as an assassin
"
Jouchebag wrote:
How much crit multi on discharge should I be shooting for with this build? as an assassin

honestly the higher the better single target youll have. im almost at 620% on my pathfinder but i also have 5 jewels with at least double crit multi... if i could somehow get triple multi and es id be happy but i think its impossible as ive never seen any on sale.

ill be scraping this char tho for assassin once i get the gloves i need
@mooginator set your character to public, people are usually gearing incorrectly when they are having trouble.
"
@mooginator set your character to public, people are usually gearing incorrectly when they are having trouble.

I think it's clear what the issue is - at level 51 my main hand Crit Strike Chance is only 24%. When I enter a breach, if I miss crit for just a few seconds, it's game over (on the zerg ones) - tons of damage. Also, I do not have Vaal Pact or any form of leech beyond blasphemy as of yet. As mentioned I'm full res, 5L Volls, etc. Running HoI and Blasphemy+Ass.

So while leveling up, this build has no viable leech of any kind, and when you switch to Cyclone+Discharge, if you miss it for a few seconds when being wailed on - BAM. Also, I don't know when to use shield+single Discharge (e.g. the technique). I found it easier to just cyclone to kill bosses because standing still for just a second to do the manual discharge often results in death.

Don't get me wrong; sometimes this build hits amazingly; especially when I crit on the single target -- but it's so hit and miss right now, I'm skipping all vaal areas and die every other breach; even while spamming potions and granite flask.

Updated profile. Char is SqueakieDischarges.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Dec 31, 2016, 9:51:03 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
"

I think it's clear what the issue is - at level 51 my main hand Crit Strike Chance is only 24%. When I enter a breach, if I miss crit for just a few seconds, it's game over (on the zerg ones) - tons of damage. Also, I do not have Vaal Pact or any form of leech beyond blasphemy as of yet. As mentioned I'm full res, 5L Volls, etc. Running HoI and Blasphemy+Ass.

So while leveling up, this build has no viable leech of any kind, and when you switch to Cyclone+Discharge, if you miss it for a few seconds when being wailed on - BAM. Also, I don't know when to use shield+single Discharge (e.g. the technique). I found it easier to just cyclone to kill bosses because standing still for just a second to do the manual discharge often results in death.

Don't get me wrong; sometimes this build hits amazingly; especially when I crit on the single target -- but it's so hit and miss right now, I'm skipping all vaal areas and die every other breach; even while spamming potions and granite flask.

Updated profile. Char is SqueakieDischarges.

OK so I see about 100 problems, you have no diamond flask, your tree is a mess. You decided to go to templar area for area of effect before any crit at all on the tree. You don't have nightstalker. You don't have a vagan dagger. You dont even have a crit crafted dagger. You don't seem to use Inc Aoe/Conc effect. You don't have a voll's devo which I state I wouldn't level as discharge without.

The leveling area is just a quick briefing with how I leveled. I mustve made an oversight to assume people would realize to level with what they know and are comfortable with, sorry, I didn't actually think someone would follow it blindly.

I will level a brand new assassin on my free time and make a guide on where to go in the tree and exactly what skills to level with for an easy leveling process to dried lake. Make some of the changes I suggested and for sure things will go better.
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Last edited by maddognils on Dec 31, 2016, 10:01:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info