[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
deathbeacon wrote:
Its under the leveling section? I guess it was a wrong one cos his final build doesnt have dagger nodes?

You use a Vagan dagger if you level as CoC discharge.
U MAD?
what would be the priority in gearing this character in new league?

and i think it would be wise to start with trickster since it could be difficult to get elreon rings + 6th link early on, i could just allocate two passives into trickster(no mana cost for movement skills) and respec later to assa
"
RNA wrote:

and i think it would be wise to start with trickster since it could be difficult to get elreon rings + 6th link early on, i could just allocate two passives into trickster(no mana cost for movement skills) and respec later to assa

The bare minimum to get started is Voll's Devotion, 4L Voll's Protector, and Cospri's Malice. Elreon Rings are not at all critical on an assassin, so you can wait a bit before obtaining and crafting them. 4L is enough for mapping as well, since all you really need to get by is a Cyclone, Increased Crit Chance, PCoC, and Increased Accuracy.

I wouldn't run this build on a Trickster, unless you plan on playing on HC. It's much better to go for an ascendancy class that gives you much more damage and doesn't force you to craft +3.5% crit gloves so early. Without Elreon Rings you can still easily get by with Warlord's on Blasphemy or a leech Boot enchant.

Once you assemble the bare minimum, then you can start collecting the rings, Death's Door, Vinktar, Insanity Gloves, 6L Protector, and GG jewels (stay flexible in your searches and go for area damage and spell damage, not just crit multi). It's also a good idea to level 6 Discharge gems in your secondary weapon slots to vaal a 21/20 gem, and you might try to collect the div cards for a 6L Holy Chainmail so that you can just chance into a 6L Protector.
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
RNA wrote:

It's much better to go for an ascendancy class that gives you much more damage and doesn't force you to craft +3.5% crit gloves so early.

You don't necessarily need the Horror/Insanity gloves, I have friends who have reached close to lvl100 without even using Horror crafted gloves. A decent alternative would be a "Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves" as it's extra mana cost mod doesn't affect Trickster.

Assassin is like a glass cannon. It sure packs a punch but without the right supporting gear, it breaks easily.
Go with any ascendancy that you think can be geared properly given your situation. Getting stuck with improper gear is bad as it renders even great builds useless.
"
vvamic wrote:

Assassin is like a glass cannon. It sure packs a punch but without the right supporting gear, it breaks easily.

On SC I think its better to always push damage than concern yourself with (slightly) better defences, especially since the exp loss below level 90 is largely trivial if you do occasionally die. We're discussing the early stages of gearing anyways, so presumably the build will be used to currency farm on dried lake or white/yellow maps, or even shaped strands. You're more likely to 1-shot packs during this process with an assassin, especially since SC will effectively always be at 97.5% crit chance not factoring in accuracy. Contrast that with a Trickster not using the 3.5% crit gloves, who will sometimes even see SC drop below 50% crit chance. I have no doubt that Tricksters can get away with not using the gloves, but would you really want your SC procs to be that erratic when your goal is to get through a zone or map asap during leveling/farming.

I also don't think assassin is all that glass cannon. Killing mobs and bosses faster (especially with the uber lab ascendancy notable) can reduce the risk of dying considerably. Offense should be viewed as a form of defense in this game, especially once your EHP pool reduces your chances of OHKOs.
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
vvamic wrote:

On SC I think its better to always push damage than concern yourself with (slightly) better defences, especially since the exp loss below level 90 is largely trivial if you do occasionally die. We're discussing the early stages of gearing anyways, so presumably the build will be used to currency farm on dried lake or white/yellow maps, or even shaped strands. You're more likely to 1-shot packs during this process with an assassin, especially since SC will effectively always be at 97.5% crit chance not factoring in accuracy. Contrast that with a Trickster not using the 3.5% crit gloves, who will sometimes even see SC drop below 50% crit chance. I have no doubt that Tricksters can get away with not using the gloves, but would you really want your SC procs to be that erratic when your goal is to get through a zone or map asap during leveling/farming.

I also don't think assassin is all that glass cannon. Killing mobs and bosses faster (especially with the uber lab ascendancy notable) can reduce the risk of dying considerably. Offense should be viewed as a form of defense in this game, especially once your EHP pool reduces your chances of OHKOs.

I tried both variants with similar gear and the only notable difference is the initial crit chance on packs (100% chance to crit full health mobs). If you keep a lucky flask constantly up while shield charging through packs you will hardly feel any difference. What you gain against that is much more satisfying.

The +3.5 gloves in the Trickster setup only affects cyclone and is used for tanky T15/T16 boss's. Since the fights are longer you can't rely on flasks for constant crit, so using the gloves tends to help.

For mapping upto T14, pretty sure with right setup any ascendancy too can 1 shot shield charge packs. I clear shaped strands, one shot packs via shield charge even with mods like extra life+elemental resistance. Also I don't even bother switching to conc for boss's below T15, so an Assassin's damage is kinda pointless if you are talking about just shaped farming.

HC or SC deaths can be annoying for some. And an assassin is more likely to get OHKO's than Trickster coz the only defense layer he gets is his ES which too only comes from gear.

Finally I have no ascendancy fanboy-ism here, use whatever works for you according to your play-style and how much you wanna spend on it.
"
vvamic wrote:

I tried both variants with similar gear and the only notable difference is the initial crit chance on packs (100% chance to crit full health mobs). If you keep a lucky flask constantly up while shield charging through packs you will hardly feel any difference. What you gain against that is much more satisfying.

You tried both variants while leveling and slowly acquiring gear? We're not talking endgame set-ups here, I was answering a Q regarding gear progression in the early stages of developing this build. Given that even an assassin will not be 1 shotting packs without getting enough damage via tree, jewels, gems, 6L Protector, and helm enchant, I can only imagine how much more frustrating it would be on a Trickster, especially without the 3.5% gloves.

Once again, I stand by my recommendation of going assassin from the get-go in softcore. Save Trickster for hardcore.

"

For mapping upto T14, pretty sure with right setup any ascendancy too can 1 shot shield charge packs. I clear shaped strands, one shot packs via shield charge even with mods like extra life+elemental resistance. Also I don't even bother switching to conc for boss's below T15, so an Assassin's damage is kinda pointless if you are talking about just shaped farming.

Again, you seem to have lost the tread of this conversation, because you're discussing endgame final versions of this build using Trickster/Assassin. I will obviously agree that in the endgame stages of this build either ascendancy is strong because eventually the gear/passives make the ascendancy choice rather moot.

"
DicemanX wrote:

You tried both variants while leveling and slowly acquiring gear? We're not talking endgame set-ups here, I was answering a Q regarding gear progression in the early stages of developing this build. Given that even an assassin will not be 1 shotting packs without getting enough damage via tree, jewels, gems, 6L Protector, and helm enchant, I can only imagine how much more frustrating it would be on a Trickster, especially without the 3.5% gloves.

Please don't assume things on your own, I tried both ascendancy right after you can equip malice I.e 70-80. Pretty sure I switched back to Trickster at around 85.I had a good stash of currency and wasn't in need to acquire anything for future, just needed to fulfil stat requirements. I was able to 1 shot mobs in atoll maps in my 70s, So my gear was optimal.

Once again the gloves doesn't affect SC, it's only used for cyclone which is used only on pack leftovers and boss's.
Since the gear kicks in around 68 so you can't talk about levelling up as assassin or trickster as they only matter after you hit 70s, which is already mid-end game.

The reason I went Trickster was it felt more forgiving and its ability to do every map mod(except reflect mod) without any gear changes. It's defence boosts and most importantly free movement skills are never rendered moot.

"
Once again, I stand by my recommendation of going assassin from the get-go in softcore. Save Trickster for hardcore.

I am not against your recommendation so you don't have to get critical on me. I do agree that Assasins free crit multi helps with damage early on when you don't have the necessary damage jewels. But whether it's the best option @ lvl 70 or not should be left upon the player to decide according to his style and budget.

Last edited by vvamic on Feb 26, 2017, 6:02:39 PM
On topic of Assassin vs. other ascendencies, the biggest problem I faced as Occultist was single target DPS. If you run cyclone in the 3.5 gloves, this means you can't run Blade Vortex on Crit for charge generation on single targets.

After many different attempts, I've improved single target DPS a lot by having less max charges, but significantly improving damage per charge. I'm not sure how this would apply to Assassin or other ascendencies, but it's interesting to share.

By taking 5/5 charges instead of 7/6, I've saved 9 passives. I've invested all those passives in extra spell & elemental damage as well as Throatseeker. Tooltip damage in hideout is now 2k and with 5/5 charges I get 75K tooltip damage. Add to that the extra damage from Assassins Mark, as well as 10% extra damage from Profane Bloom and the DPS is quite good.

Less charges, but higher damage per charge means your DPS is less dependent on perfect charge generation. This has helped quite a bit to improve single target dps.
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to switch towards a discharge build with my assassin, I'm at level 60, still using a Tabula and 2 lifesprigs

Which items should I get to level until Cospris? , I don't have a super high budget (Standard SC) but I have about 5 ex, and already have the Cospri's lined up

Also, which skills and supports should I use?

Thank you in advance guys.

I know I should go up to 68 with my current build (Bladefall), but I'm quite bored with it, and can't really see myself playing it for 8 more levels.

Thanks again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info