[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
pitpat wrote:
Hey guys,

just wanted to know which is the best and strongest 6L gem setup because I see different setups when I check various profiles?

Thanks in advanced

"
DicemanX wrote:

The strongest set-up is believed to be the one with the discharge in the 6L along with the 30% helm enchant. However, that's only really relevant if you want to work on your single target vs guardians/shaper. For general mapping, one could argue that the set-up with Fortify is the best (on assassin at least), because assassin already deals so much damage the second discharge in the 6L is complete overkill. Might as well go more defensive then.

Thank you very much for the explanation.

How much mana do u have left after activating the three auras?
Because I have 34 left, and I have linked ice golem and warlords as well with cwdt.. but sometimes I dont have any heal from the warlords because there wasnt enough mana left to cast warlords I guess.. could that be and how do u manage this problem?

thanks in advance
Last edited by pitpat on Feb 19, 2017, 5:08:19 AM
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
BlackStarDark wrote:
My Cyclone attacks per second unbuffed is 4.02 and with the Atk speed proc from my boots is 4.46, reaches 5 when I pop my Onslaught flask. is that good or it needs improving? If so what do I need to look for in order to get more atk speed? Perhaps some tree change or atk speed jewels ?

4.02 is not ideal for single target - try to reduce it to 4 or slightly below. That way you time the cyclone hits so that they only occur after Malice cooldowns of 250ms. With your current set up you are literally whiffing on every second cyclone hit.

Alternately, you can just pump attack speed to very high levels via your jewels if you feel your single target is good enough.

Well I'll have to drop a few jewels in order to cripple my atk speed a little bit.
On a side note I got a 30% Charges Helmet therefore I added discharge back to my chest and damage is really better now. Still gotta test it further for some engame bosses and such but I'll probably do it this days.

I'm finishing leveling a few discharge gems in order to vaal em for my second Lv.21 discharge along with some other gems like Increased crit and such, which I plan on getting Lv.21 aswell.

About defenses, I really upgraded my energy shield with the helmet I bought, now I'm sitting at almost 7k ES with Discipline up. I'll have to get a 500ES shield later, however I'd need a tri res one which is really expensive (20 / 25 EX at least). But I think I'll do fine for now.

I'm also working on a second decent elreon ring with multicrafting and probably Cold Damage added to attacks as that helps my DPS on discharges right?

If you think anything needs to be done to my gear or leveling tree please let me know so I can change it in order to achieve a cleaner build.
"
pitpat wrote:

How much mana do u have left after activating the three auras?
Because I have 34 left, and I have linked ice golem and warlords as well with cwdt.. but sometimes I dont have any heal from the warlords because there wasnt enough mana left to cast warlords I guess.. could that be and how do u manage this problem?

thanks in advance

Warlord's linked to CWDT doesn't consume mana. You shouldn't be casting anything, only attacking with Shield Charge and Cyclone. 34 mana is plenty if you run 2 Elreon Rings, especially if you have +2 mana on hit on one of your jewels.

On my character I have 43 mana (level 93 currently) and I run an Enlighten 4. My Eleron ring has almost 60% mana regen, which is enough to kill any pack/rares with SC and Cyclone. This allows me to use a regular Diamond ring in the other ring slot. I use Vinktar for all my leech vs bosses.

"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

What specific nodes should i change out of my tree?

Looks like you made some changes already, getting 3 of the 4 ES witch nodes.

I would get rid of the Influence cluster and the aura effect node by Scion, and put those four points into getting another jewel slot and the 12% ES witch node.
"
vvamic wrote:
Dropping that +crit gloves would be a bad idea unless you are an assassin, we really need that base crit from the gloves for our cyclone.

There are ways to calculate all numbers DPS/Crit chance etc but they are usually estimates rather than accurate numbers. A good way to start to check would be as simple as your discharge tooltip, you can check it @ hideout and then headout to any area and check again when you are at your max charges. Lucky flask wouldn't show up in number's as it is a random roll when popped but depending upon you flask efficiency (gear or skill tree nodes) it makes a huge difference.

The only shitty thing about the gloves is that I can't run a Blade Vortex on Crit setup :(

Thanks for the tips about checking Crit Chance. When diamond flask is up, the crit chance feels very good. Without flask, sometimes it's a bit "iffy". I'm now running 2 diamond flasks so I can trigger it more often in longer fights, that helps a lot.

Hello,

Let's say we can't afford the "enchant"; how much does this build lose in DPS? Will I see a noticeable difference if I get the enchant on my helmet.
Because 30-60 ex for an enchant seems unreasonable; unless you can convince me otherwise.

Regards,
Adam.
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Hello,

Let's say we can't afford the "enchant"; how much does this build lose in DPS? Will I see a noticeable difference if I get the enchant on my helmet.
Because 30-60 ex for an enchant seems unreasonable; unless you can convince me otherwise.

Regards,
Adam.

Unless you really insist on doing Shaper/Guardians with this build for the sake of challenge, the 30% Enchant is completely not worth it, especially with just over a week to go in league play and potential nerfs looming on the horizon. This is a fast mapping build designed to earn a lot of currency per hour and/or to level to very high levels in a short amount of time, not to slog through T16 maps or Shaper/Uber Atziri.
Thanks for the input in this thread so far, I've tweaked my build a bit and it's already performing better :)

Here's a video from a test run on a white Minotaur map where I killed Minotaur in roughly 20 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD6EN9uJaXg

I think with more optimization and better Vaal Breach positioning this could actually work to do even faster T16 guardian runs. I would love to hear if anyone has input/ideas to improve this.

"
DicemanX wrote:
4.02 is not ideal for single target - try to reduce it to 4 or slightly below. That way you time the cyclone hits so that they only occur after Malice cooldowns of 250ms. With your current set up you are literally whiffing on every second cyclone hit.

Alternately, you can just pump attack speed to very high levels via your jewels if you feel your single target is good enough.

Is attack speed higher than 4.0 really a problem? I'm asking because cyclone attacks multiple times per spin if I understood correctly. Also, in that case, using a silver flask would be a bad idea?
Last edited by Surari on Feb 19, 2017, 4:08:19 PM
"
Surari wrote:

Is attack speed higher than 4.0 really a problem? I'm asking because cyclone attacks multiple times per spin if I understood correctly. Also, in that case, using a silver flask would be a bad idea?

Cyclone attacks twice per spin, so a sheet aps of 4 means that cyclone will actually hit 8 times per second. However, the cooldown of Malice is 0.25s, so basically the second hit in the spin is completely irrelevant at an aps higher than 2, assuming the first hit procs discharge.

What complicates matters is the accuracy and cyclone crit chance, which will vary with power charges. If the first cyclone hit misses, then the second hit will in fact matter. However, if you run at an aps of say 4.5 (0.222sec between spins, or 0.111sec between hits) then you'll never discharge more frequently than every 0.333 seconds. With an aps of 4, you can discharge every 0.25sec. This can potentially have a big impact on dps, but it again depends heavily on your average cyclone crit chance and accuracy. Assassins will see the biggest difference, because the crit chance scales more with power charges, AND cyclone almost never misses critting when the boss is below 35%.

However, this is all just academic if one uses this build only for, say, T11-13 mapping. You probably won't be able to tell any difference between an aps of 4 or an aps of 4.01 because of how quickly you can kill the bosses, even though that difference seems to be fairly large on paper.

Last edited by DicemanX on Feb 19, 2017, 5:40:39 PM
Can HoI be used to trigger Elemental Equilibrium?
merp merp
"
Surari wrote:

The only shitty thing about the gloves is that I can't run a Blade Vortex on Crit setup :(

You can use BV in your cwdt setup linked with another pcoc gem, it will help in generating charges too. Not as much as it would on coc but still very helpful.

"
Surari wrote:

In an ideal cyclone setup for this build as of now an aps of 2 would be perfect. As it would create only 0-1ms delays(malice proc's at 251 ms after the 250ms cooldown) between malice's 250 ms cooldown. An aps of 4 also creates 0-1ms delays but with an extra hit between attacks.

The extra hit is not a complete waste as it would generate power charge's depending upon number of enemies hit considering it was a critical strike hit (thanks to Voll's protector and pcoc linked to cyclone.

But achieving a perfect 4 APS can be hard due to gear changes, different ascendancy, etc. So a better way to deal with this is to get to an APS where the delay between discharge's is minimum.

Let me demonstrate a little, cyclone on a single target in a period of 5sec's (scenario is considered with no misses and 100% crit rate)

In an idea setup of 4aps,

No of Hits = 8x5 = 40 (1 hit between discharges)
No of discharges = (19.5) 19-20 (~3.9/sec with 0-1ms delays between malice cooldowns)

Now if we push the APS to 5

No of Hits = 10x5 = 50 (2 hit's between discharges)
No of discharges = (16.5) 16-17 (3.3/sec with 50-51ms delay between malice cooldowns)

As you can see there is a huge delay between cooldowns which is clearly shown by the number of discharges/sec.

In my setup I have an aps of 5.29, which gets boosted to 5.95 thanks to the trickster's boost to recent use of movement skill. So I get:

No of Hits = 11.9x5 = 59.5 (2 hit's between discharges)
No of discharges = (19.5) 19-20 (~3.9/sec with 2-3ms delays between malice cooldowns)

Further more it will always fluctuate especially if you use attack speed enchant or can generate frenzy charges often. And not to forget debuff's on you e.g chilled, temp chains, etc.

So getting an aps somewhere between 4-6 which creates the least delay in discharge's is what you should be looking for.

Did this quickly so there is a possibility that I am off somewhere in my calculation so please just consider these as estimates.
Last edited by vvamic on Feb 20, 2017, 3:57:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info