[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Hello,

thanks for the nice guide :) i got the full gear as wrote in the guide but i think at the moment about changing to the "Cospris Will Version"..

whats the difference btw. pro/con between both version?

i mean cospri's give us an extra curse enfeeble with the Aura support gem but how big is the range from enfeeble as aura? i mean as big as the screen? oder just a bit higher as the melee range?

also noticed that the cospris version play with another head, is that one needed for defense? or can i stay by my old head?

How much damage difference is between both version?

Starkonja's Head gives 50% dmg reduce on low life? when start the "low life" ? all under 50% or how is that calculated?

i realy like the Cospris Will version.. but it makes me sad to lose all that movement speed.. got around 90% without any flask at the moment.. with cospris i would have just around 45% (30% boots, 3% belt, 3%armor and 9% from talents)

i mainly use that Character to farm lab and thats why i thought about the Cospris Will version.. so i'm maybe a bit more save to not get oneshoted in boss fights..

so my Pro / Con is like this:

Pro:
• tankier by damage reduce from head + enfeeble
• more +life notes from head and gloves
• + chaos resists from gloves? (chaos resists from head went to armor)
• not care about frenzy charges + open gem slot

Con:
• over 50% slower
• a bit lower Evasionrating?
• a bit more mana reservation because of enfeeble Aura? how much mana is reserved? (means Grace 50%, 25% Actic Armor + 35?% enfeeble Aura)

hmm poe wiki says that Blasphemy has a special interaction with mana multipliers as it changes the way of a curse being cast. Casting a curse will reserve 35% of maximum mana and behaves exactly like an aura as reduced mana reservation will apply. Means if i wanna use it then i have to pick up some reduced mana notes or an enlightem gem or?

Would be nice if you guys can add some Pro/Con for me and maybe if someone is good in theorycrafting that i can get an explanation about the Damage between both versions. :)

Edit: Can someone tell me what Lacerate is used for? Can't see any use for this Spell o.ô

Edit2: Noticed that GGG changed the Blasphemy mana reservation from 25% to 35% ? means the Cospris Will Version is not longer viable?

Thanks!
Last edited by Ayrill on Jan 16, 2017, 10:10:45 AM
Fluff post.

I just alched, then crafted chaos, then exalt slammed accuracy on this

I'm shaking, send help
"
Thaya wrote:
Fluff post.

I'm shaking, send help

saw better ones already.. :P with + Dex AND Int maybe with Strengh on it or even % chaos damage ^^

but i guess its worth ~60-70c gz :)
"
Ayrill wrote:
"
Thaya wrote:
Fluff post.

I'm shaking, send help

saw better ones already.. :P with + Dex AND Int maybe with Strengh on it or even % chaos damage ^^

Hope you're joking
Last edited by M4RED on Jan 16, 2017, 8:55:05 AM
Also, in response to the the Vulnerability vs Temporal Chains discussion...

Being someone that upgraded from Temporal Chains gloves to Vulnerability gloves, I can say that the difference IS insane during the clear. You go from "melting" mobs to "blowing them up", and it feels satisfying as fuck, albeit useless since clear is already pretty good.

On bosses or single target, it comes down to the fact that Vulnerability increases the physical damage of the initial hits (being basically a "more" modifier, since it's a debuff on target), which then also results in larger Poisons being applied as a result too. It's a huge increase, even comparing it to the full effect of Temporal.

I did not believe in it being a game changer too, until I bought them. It was one of my last upgrades (pre-luxury), and my mind was blown by how big it was. (That's what she said, right?)
Last edited by M4RED on Jan 16, 2017, 9:09:41 AM
"
Thaya wrote:
"
Ayrill wrote:
"
Thaya wrote:
Fluff post.

I'm shaking, send help

Hope you're joking

It's a joke, I searched in breach for amu with just the life, phys. damage crit and crit multi - There is no amu as good as yours for this build on the market at the moment, and the found ones cost between 1-10 exalts.
Is there some alternate setup anyone uses for the 4 link gems? I really hate having to swap out a skill to activate vaal haste so I'm interested in some ideas to see if I can setup things differently.
"
Thaya wrote:
Also, in response to the the Vulnerability vs Temporal Chains discussion...

Being someone that upgraded from Temporal Chains gloves to Vulnerability gloves, I can say that the difference IS insane during the clear. You go from "melting" mobs to "blowing them up", and it feels satisfying as fuck, albeit useless since clear is already pretty good.

On bosses or single target, it comes down to the fact that Vulnerability increases the physical damage of the initial hits (being basically a "more" modifier, since it's a debuff on target), which then also results in larger Poisons being applied as a result too. It's a huge increase, even comparing it to the full effect of Temporal.

I did not believe in it being a game changer too, until I bought them. It was one of my last upgrades (pre-luxury), and my mind was blown by how big it was. (That's what she said, right?)

Thanks for the information. I guess I will try it. Looking at poe.trade, it seems the cheapest ones are 10ex. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a bunch of snakebites and try to vaal them? They are 1-2ch each.
"
Llyrain wrote:
It's a joke, I searched in breach for amu with just the life, phys. damage crit and crit multi - There is no amu as good as yours for this build on the market at the moment, and the found ones cost between 1-10 exalts.
Friends were asking me to price it and I couldn't even find anything similar on Standard.

"
MuFeR wrote:
Is there some alternate setup anyone uses for the 4 link gems? I really hate having to swap out a skill to activate vaal haste so I'm interested in some ideas to see if I can setup things differently.
You can bind the Golem button to left click and it will function as an actual movement key unless you press hold (shift).

"
Trissien wrote:
Thanks for the information. I guess I will try it. Looking at poe.trade, it seems the cheapest ones are 10ex. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a bunch of snakebites and try to vaal them? They are 1-2ch each.
Yeah, you can, but their price isn't random. There's A LOT of people doing this (judging by the amount of whispers you get whenever you post a Snakebite for trade) and the competition would've brought the price down if it was easy to hit.

There's no "yes or no" answer to this, it's down to your budget and how you feel about going through that process. I bought mine, but I fucking hate buying items one by one on trade; I have this same problem with chaos% jewelry. Can't stomach buying Envy one by one.
Last edited by M4RED on Jan 16, 2017, 9:29:10 AM
Well, I have a budget for either option. I've read on reddit (so take with a grain of salt) that the chance is about 1.09% to hit it, so it's pretty low. But considering the price, it might be worth sacrificing 2ex worth of currency to try and get them although I agree, buying them one at a time would be a major pain in the ass.
Last edited by Trissien on Jan 16, 2017, 9:37:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info