(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

For all the peasants like me with a 5L, you guys can try to slot rallying cry on the 6th slot, FREE damage.
So this looks like the most hilariously fun build I've ever seen.

For a scrub like me that thinks it's probably unlikely I'd see the 10-15 exalts the harvest costs within a reasonable time of a temp league starting (next league new char maybe?) what's the best way to get the harvest? Gamble on the battle born cards?
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:

For a scrub like me that thinks it's probably unlikely I'd see the 10-15 exalts the harvest costs within a reasonable time of a temp league starting (next league new char maybe?) what's the best way to get the harvest? Gamble on the battle born cards?

I bought the harvester cards. A lot are listed at quite high prices, but if you have time and play a lot, just leave poe.trade with an active search running in the background and try and snatch the cheap ones before anyone else does. I payed around 52c on average. Still expensive, but it also gives you a sense of progression.

Edit: If you think about it... Even at 60c, that's "only" 660 chaos. With some farming & the chaos recipe (especially now that we can use essences on rings, amulets & belts for the recipe), you can realistically farm that.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Sep 28, 2016, 4:02:41 AM
"
crushinton wrote:
Eruerufu / C9q9md,

Could one of you upload a video of a full map clear and show/go over how fast you should be spamming flasks. Just want to get a feel of the playstyle and how fast I should be spamming.

My gem levels are a little low so I want to see how the mapping plays out with decent gems and slow flask spam before I commit to the build more.

Check the mintaur-fight I uploaded on my channel. It should illustrate at what pace you can spam the flasks without getting kicked.
Horrible content-creator and memelord.
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Now its added to the Build list. I suggest to put the [2.4] tag into the title. :)

Thanks for your work maintaining this list. It´s a pleasure to be featured. :)
Horrible content-creator and memelord.
"
qwertz wrote:
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:

I bought the harvester cards. A lot are listed at quite high prices, but if you have time and play a lot, just leave poe.trade with an active search running in the background and try and snatch the cheap ones before anyone else does. I payed around 52c on average. Still expensive, but it also gives you a sense of progression.

Edit: If you think about it... Even at 60c, that's "only" 660 chaos. With some farming & the chaos recipe (especially now that we can use essences on rings, amulets & belts for the recipe), you can realistically farm that.

It feels like quite a lot at 660c, that's still some 10 ex.

I was thinking of making a slayer EQ character and farming on that, assuming things don't get nerfed next league.

I'll give it a go. I'd try one of these vaal spark lake farming builds but I think I'd die of boredom before I finished gearing that let alone affording a harvest.

Each league I get a little better at the game though so who knows :P I keep fucking up the early league by failing to make anything that can do things like farm uber lab.
Spoiler
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:
"
qwertz wrote:
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:

It feels like quite a lot at 660c, that's still some 10 ex.

I was thinking of making a slayer EQ character and farming on that, assuming things don't get nerfed next league.

I'll give it a go. I'd try one of these vaal spark lake farming builds but I think I'd die of boredom before I finished gearing that let alone affording a harvest.

Each league I get a little better at the game though so who knows :P I keep fucking up the early league by failing to make anything that can do things like farm uber lab.

I'll send you a PM, no need to clutter this thread OT :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Last edited by qwertz on Sep 28, 2016, 8:30:24 AM
What are the optimal gem levels for the CWDT + Immortal call setup (to get it to be permanently up)? Does it depend on your max health because of the flask?
"
crushinton wrote:
What are the optimal gem levels for the CWDT + Immortal call setup (to get it to be permanently up)? Does it depend on your max health because of the flask?

Depends on max health, chaos resistance & how fast you spam the flask (and number of endurance charges, and level of increased duration).

Level it up and see what works for you (you can try it in your ho). you can always delevel it with a scour.
How good is headhunter for this build? Also how do I get more movespeed besides alchemist's quicksilver flask of adrenaline? I'm also using dying sun flask for more aoe and have cleared high reds with it. I wonder if it is worth dropping 1 writhing jar on this build for a dying sun flask for speed farming.

MS is the only thinking holding back clear speed on this build.

Thanks!
twitch.tv/cutedog_
Last edited by CuteDog_ on Sep 28, 2016, 11:16:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info